Z155 different to Z155HO??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumble

Reaction score
Is there a difference in the engine or are they the same.

If they are different, in what way.

Ho version has a closer ratio trans, slingless crank with oil filter cover, 6-disk clutch, "normal" Chinese primary gear ratio of 3.72 v. the 4.06 of the Z155-no-ho and stock Honda 50's, and a few less trans issues. Still needs the end play on the drum and tranny shafts fixed to live very long.

GDFP, so the Z155 dosent have the oil filter cover and is the older version of the new Z155HO with the oil filter cover....

So all Z155 with the oil filter cover are HO's??

Minibiker, the problem with :google: is everyone calls them different things, depending on what they are trying to sell. If you can be bothered have a look, and then let me know how you tell them apart, although if you have read 300000000000000 threads about them you probably already do :boxing:

theres a problem with the gearing in the bottom end on the ho if u put hight comp it craks the case so you have to get a fat case with the needle roller bearing

theres a problem with the gearing in the bottom end on the ho if u put hight comp it craks the case so you have to get a fat case with the needle roller bearing

that problem was fixed in the early z155's.. like over 12months ago..

and yeah there is a big problem with engine names these day.. we call it this, the chinese call it that and the amercians call it something else..

most chinese companies call them z150's, pitster pro usa still call the new motors z155.. Mini bike and pit bike engines, GPX Lifan and more
ZONGSHEN 150 performance engine horizontal dirt bike engine [DBP2010338] - $320.00 : Dirt bike parts | China dirt bike parts | China dirt bike parts online store, China dirt bike parts

i guess its a marketing thing.. new name so people will jump on it..

Its confusing how some are stamped 160 and others are stamped 155z but apear to be identical engines.

yeah they like to keep us on our toes and also confuse the lessor chinese engine educated people lol

yeah they like to keep us on our toes and also confuse the lessor chinese engine educated people lol

Last week I put a PSTO together and it had glue over the number on the barrel and when I cleaned the gue off it said 160 under it but had been scratched at with a sharp implement at some stage in china I take it.

yeah, zongshen and yx probly get their cylinders from the same place and just use what ever is in stock..

the 150,155,160 all share the same bore size.. which is outlined in the top line of the engine number.. 60mm

come to think of it, iv actually seen z155's with no markings on the barrel. the numbers had been sanded off lol

Ho version has a closer ratio trans, slingless crank with oil filter cover, 6-disk clutch, "normal" Chinese primary gear ratio of 3.72 v. the 4.06 of the Z155-no-ho and stock Honda 50's, and a few less trans issues. Still needs the end play on the drum and tranny shafts fixed to live very long.

what are the drum and tranny shafts?

Latest posts

Back