zacass's New Frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnItChY

Reaction score
Well as most of you know ,Zac snapped his frame
and this is what we replaced it with
untitled-8.jpg

So i started it at about 6.00pm tonight
and had it done buy 9.00pm
zac was a great help

first i did the forks,was a bit tricky to get the bearing racers in as the paint made them tight as ,and they are well and truly in
PIC_0121.jpg

then we droped the donk in ,wow what a mission ,as the top engine mount was bent in buy 5 mm i had to heat it up and bend it back ,but zac and i got it in the end ,and i skun me knuckles
PIC_0134.jpg

we dropped the rear swinger on and put the rear shock in ,looks like im in trouble here .Zac and i are hitting problems here ,seems the new frame aint quit the same so im unsure but i think the stck DHZ shock is only 270 mm
seems we gunna need a 280 to drop the rear swinger down 10 mm as she sits to low in the ass end
PIC_0176.jpg

soo all in all was great fun (NOT) hehehe

tho the rear shock we shall fix that
i took a few shots of zacs break close up with my cam corder not real clear but u get the gist
PIC_0206.jpg

PIC_0200.jpg

PIC_0187.jpg

yea looks trick as im gunna try my fast ace on it as thats 280mm
so i'll see if that fix's it ,or if not and i still need longer ,i'll try my agb 29's rear shock as i no thats longer again hehehe
think it's 285 mm ,and if than dont work looks like im makeing a custom swinger at my mates workshop .Well i'll watch him do it then claim i did it :p

yea looks trick as im gunna try my fast ace on it as thats 280mm

Yeah I was gonna suggest that.

Try taking the adjusters down on the shock to make the spring stiffer, that makes the rear a bit higher.

Or get used to it how it is, I think thats how mine is.

Good luck.

Oh and instead of making a custom swinger, weld a new mount a frame a bit lower.

Last edited:
is yours low in the ass end to flazz ?
same frame?

did u try the 280 mm shock
i am gunna try winding down the shock tho wont that make it more stiff IE less travel,i dunno im a noob :)

you wont lose travel aslong as the coils dont contact at full compression but it will make it stiffer

is yours low in the ass end to flazz ?
same frame?

did u try the 280 mm shock
i am gunna try winding down the shock tho wont that make it more stiff IE less travel,i dunno im a noob :)

It'll just make it stiffer and sit a bit higher, no less travel.

im using the the stock frame with a fast ace 280mm, so same setup as you. But I have the shock on the softest setting, with the adjusters all the way to the top so the back (or ass end haha) sits a fair bit lower.

Yep , she's fractured because of the drilled and bushed hole ......right on the edge .......

Stock DHZ shocks ARE 270 mm eye to eye and they sag a bit ......... even the bushes compress .... LOL ...... The Fast Aces are 280 mm and stiffer with far better bushes ......... I'd say the FA will get the seat height back since they raise the a$$ of a stocker ..............

cheers jack ill bang my fasty on it and see how she sits
i thought the dhz was 270mm ,np i'll grabe a new shock

yes it need raisin as it choppers the bike so stearing will be slow and no responcive ,zac wants to leave it but i know it wont work well

mate it was filthy hot i was sweatin me guts out i did have pants on hehehe

I can see you had shoes on but I think you may be making up the bit about the pants!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back