zongshen 175cc install :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolmodee01

VCM B Grade 2013 Champion
Reaction score
hi all

spent the day installing my new toy.......

here's some pics so far

empty bike
P1010001_01.jpg

heart in
P1010007_01.jpg

P1010006_01.jpg

likes so far
case's look sic, oil filler is in an awesome spot, like the bling, ceramic barrel, has an oil filter so no slinger

dislikes
i'm a bit iffy on the ork might have to chuck the lifan one in, had to grind down some bits off the case to make it fit in the frame but i expected that to be the case. and need a new header pipe.

haven't started it yet will do header pipe tomorrow and fire her up

niiiice :D

do you you know the bore/stroke of this engine yet? and yea the ORK's on these are rubbish go the lifan one for sure

I'd ditch the molkt 24mm and go 28mm OKO for this baby.

Looking good Coolie. Cant wait to see how she goes. I reckon this will be my motor of choice to beef up the Vert.

will those dress up kits fit a 155z?

by the look of things the valve covers will but im not sure on the cam sprocket cover

Should definitely go bigger carb for that.

You should put a thread up on planetminis , and make all the Americans mad that you got the motor before them .:p

Looking good

Be good to hear some results.

Last edited:
ok my questions are

where??
how much ??
will it go in my honda frame
how much did you need to grind off the case
it's the klx typ head so a klx typ header pipe or heat and bend
so can you stick a stock lfam flywheel on with lighting coil

looks good coolies i will be intested to see how she performs

I had to grind the engine and frame just to get a 160 into my frame, lol
I'd like to see exactly what you had to modify?

If you want a better carby for the motor I've got an Roundslide 26mm going cheap, it's basically the same design concept as the molkt but much better build quality and more breathing room.... 26mm isn't ideal but it'll breath a hell of a lot better than the 24mm
just something to think about ;)

aaawesome...did see the engine in some catalog, but on your pics ,it looks even better!!Engine looks huuge though...how about the clearance with the front wheel??Funny that they copy now the daytona dressup too...lol...nothing is sacred anymore:p:p
Take Wogtaz advise and get a 28 PWK...its all worth it ,4sure !!

Ahh you finally got it :D Im looking forward to reading your review.

I wonder how much they are going to flog them off for over here?

ha ha ha i hope your gunna clean that air filter ? or replace it .
what about remounting your ignition box ? or do you like it full of water? dah gravity effects .
that frame looks like crap and expensive to repair .cro-moly steel is way better .
thats some funny stuff coolmodie.hope it works out better for you.
ha ha ps do you clean airfilters?

Im Assuming its same as z155 stroke with 64mm bore = 176.9

But its not like the Chinese to take off a few CC's ....

ha ha ha i hope your gunna clean that air filter ? or replace it .
what about remounting your ignition box ? or do you like it full of water? dah gravity effects .
that frame looks like crap and expensive to repair .cro-moly steel is way better .
thats some funny stuff coolmodie.hope it works out better for you.
ha ha ps do you clean airfilters?

um wtf are you on about man

i like my frame it's not alot heavier than my bmx with no motor in it!! and cromo rusts. the cdi is just sitting there and i have neva fried one yet like it is. if you work em right they have a rubber seal that is reasonably effective at keeping water out and there is only 1 teeny tiny hole that water can get into anyway :p

if someone buys me a pwk carb i'll test it to make sure it works!!!! i will probably go bigger yes but i'll see how i go for now...
the dude that asked bout my frame buy a ciniworx if not get one from china some how

mountain the engine looks huge but is no longer than the 155 it looks exactly the same as a yx with a 185 barrel on it so huge fins

snitchy ciniworx $800 maybe more for you maybe less had to grind sweet **** all off the case my top engine mounts are sized to suit the small top mounts of the lifan engine i had to chuck a shim washer in the rear mount to space that out 3 thou the rest was plug and play
stock fly wheel will be fine just wont rev as hard i spose i know they did the lifan engine with a stock flywheel and they work fine.

taz bore and stroke 63x55 172cc?? somewhere there i haven't measured exact so dont give the china men to much credit!!!!

more later i spose

p.s that filter is only 1 dusty ride old........ as a motard rider i take it you have never seen a dusty filter and i've got about 3 other clean ones ready to go on it as if i'd start it with that on it sheesh no credit at all............

p.p.s i dont clean my air filters i get some one else to

looking good..

but yeah for best performance and arm pulling power throw a 28mm pwk/OKO on it...
those molkts need to be put in the same bin as the fakuni's... lol never seen a properly tuned one yet due to the lack of pilots..

and yeah pitbikekid i recon that dress up kit will fit a 155z...

and im not to keen on the clutch cover, looks to out there(i think thats wat i mean) but yeah just dont like the looks of it...hopefully an anodized outer cover comes available soon..

looking forward for the ride review....

yeah the pics dont do it a great deal of justice but it looks alot better than the 155z

you should never have to tune a mulket carby i've seen them run sweet on every engine125 and up of cause with a main jet change

as for the pilot if you have a drill and the micro jetting bits you'll be sweet

anodized cover would look sweet as hey

coolmodie i thought you must be working on your bike as you posted this thread?
i think you should get someone to clean that filter .
yeah i dont just ride mini motard bikes .i have more .
maybe you should tell whomever is working on it to seal up that hole or remount it as i suggest?
it only takes 1 small hole as cdi boxes dont like water and are not suppose to work in water .
better tell the help. haha
now i know where all the recycled cans go into that style frame .
it wont bend if you ride soft .

Last edited:
Yer 63mm Bore 55mm Stroke = 171.4 That sounds more like the Chinese way.......
Will have to measure it to make sure.

Just type CC Calculator into Google , Does Wonders :D

coolmodie i thought you must be working on your bike as you posted this thread?
i think you should get someone to clean that filter .
yeah i dont just ride mini motard bikes .i have more .
maybe you should tell whomever is working on it to seal up that hole or remount it as i suggest?
it only takes 1 small hole as cdi boxes dont like water and are not suppose to work in water .
better tell the help. haha

yeah the help is me

and it is meant to sit on a down facing angle there flush with the fram below it like i said it was just sitting there so it stopped annoying me. i'll bag it before i put the plastics back on anyway.

still just haven't taken the filter off the carb just took the carb off the motor i'm on holiday's dont want to work to hard hell it took me all day to get this far plus i helped unpack a container (not fun)

Latest posts

Back