Zorst Flamethrower For The Fiddy + Diagrams What do you think?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabomb

Reaction score
hey fellas,

Im workin on an exhust flamethrower for all our thumpstars.
I made a diagram/animation on how i intendend on building it.

the first diagram is with unburnt fuel for ignition and the second diagram is wif an injector.

flamethrowerinjecta.gif

flamethrower.gif

Do you have any comments or sugestions? id like 2 hear them, im puting the injector in on saturday.

Peace out.

Looks good, same setup as the car flame throwers so should work fine.

i'm assuming that if you were to just hook up/wire in a second spark plug to the exhaust it would not work? sounds like an alright idea but be careful...

I think your going to need some extra oxygen. Ide run butane instead of a petrol injector aswell just because of simplicity. Run a lil butane bottle on ur handlebars with a push button, then plumb it to the zorst, with an oxygen bleed. Run a 2nd coil and use a switch on the handle bars to give power to the secondary coil. With this setup your def going to get rid of that unwanted back hair! Butane is a bit easy to manage and safer. Ie not dripping fuel out end of zorst.
Relying on unburnt oxygen isnt ideal, unless you rev the engine then switch the power from the primary coil (combustion chamber) to the secondary and let the engine pump the unignited charge past the s/plug in the zorst. This is how ever likely to blow up your exhaust, and probably something else with it.

Best and safest way would be a butane system with an oxygen bleeder and a spark plug a little distance behind it.

Another thing to note is you can increase the spark gap of the exhaust spark plug because its not subject to such high pressures, which will aid in igniting your exhaust charge and bigga flame ;-)

This is a project im saving for a rainy day, let me know how it goes.

Try not be sitting on the bike when you first let it rip ;-)

Your asking for trouble.....

If you want a fairly safe special effect... just inject a little brake fluid in the hot part of the exhaust... it creates a huge amout of white smoke ;) or use coloured fog machine oil...

ive already tried the spark plug in the exhust, the spark fires rapidly like it should but, no flame. Like noidea said (who has a fairly good idea and his name does him no good LoL). i dont think theres enough oxygen in the zorst so no flame. Also all pipes go down first out of the exhust valve then travel up, this may be another cause of the unburnt fuel not getting 2 the spark plug. We will see how the injecta goes. Mite get sum video action.

You mite be wondering wat exhaust im using..well its me stock 1 which i "modified" to have no restrictions at all. Thats no silencer,brackers its just a aluminium can.

My heads going 2 blow off? I highly doubt that haha.

A fire extinguisher will be standing by.

Noidea, how would u go about having an onboard oxygen bleeder?

Cheers!!

The unburnt fuel, if any coming from your heat will be completely atomised and not in a liquid state so the kink will have no affect unless your exhaust is stone cold, in which case droplets may condense but this may only last 2 mins on startup. Just go get yourself a can of butane from kmart or something (the camping stove shit) i know its bulky but once you know its going to work you can try and source some smaller cans. Then use a wd40 or similar nozzel, pop that on the end. Super glue the extension bit to the nozzel (make sure you dont block it) then set up some plumbing to the exhaust pipe. I used varous shrink wraps to go up to a bigger size tube, but remember you want to keep the velocity high so it gets into the exhaust quick.

Well, its bit dangerous to have pure o2 in a can on your bike anywhere near petrol lol. I would set up a little pipe into your exhaust using the exhaust gas momentum to create a vacum on on side, then just have the other end protruding from the exhaust tubed sumwhere dry. Its pretty easy to do and in theory shud work but as i sed its a project im saving for a rainy day.

What you want to do is cut it at 45 degrees (or just dremel to grind one side off) and make it protrude a fair distance into the zorst (i wud go all the way with a small diameter tube for max effect) and then just leave it open or make a tube to a dry spot or something (doesnt matter). Just double check its sucking. If it is you cud get ur 2nd sparky going and spray a lil aerostart or carby cleaner in there and you shud get a flame (a little bit tho, dont want too much fuel!!)

heres a pic of teh air bleeder i would try if it started raining tomoro ;-)
(hopefully it attaches)

this shud get ya started. remember to double check that this bleeder sucks and doesnt blow. It 'should' work but ive never tried so if your willing to put a hole in ur zorst theres a 90% chance of it working , if it doesnt you got a hole there (just weld it).

Keep that extinguisher handy and dont sit on the bike till youve done a few trial runs!

EDIT FOR PIC:
Blue = oxygen (from atmosphere)
Red = butane or similar
green = combustable charge
red,orange and yellow = what you want coming out the end ;-)

thanks noidea. im gunna use ur theory but im gunna use the injecta instead on beutain. Can u draw me up a better pic of how the air bleeder is 2 be made?

Cheers!!

do u reckon u could you put this system anywhere in ur pipe, or would it have to be at the very tip of the muffler??

butane and lpg are much less explosive than petrol! You want to use butane because it will enter the zorst in gas form and atomise alot quicker than petrol. Plus it saves you running an injector and having ignited petrol dribbling out your exhaust tip because its not atomising.

For best results ide put it in the muffler can. But i guess you could do it anywhere, just a matter of the flames burning before they leave the exhaust and you not getting the effect.

We could make this thread even more interesting if we joined it with the 'two people on a bike' thread....:D

haha good call max lol.

definantly lead to some singed hair!

dabomb how it go?

I can just picture someone either getting castrated or carking it from having their Femoral artery slashed by an exploding exhaust...

Take care... ;)

Edit:
noidea said:
dabomb how it go?
He'll let you know when he gets out of hospital ;) JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back