'04 Thumpy Resto/Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lil bit more progress on it today.. painted the front caliper with the awesome red stuff, finally found a carby that works with it, after discovering my 26mm has a different slide base and internal slide grooves than my other carbies.. stoleded the 21mm oko off the miniblitz, grabbed an old 1/4 turn throttle i had laying about, and bolted all that on, hey presto she's a runner, and quite happily at that.. nice steady idle, good bark when you crack the throttle.. not much use seeing as there is another carby coming for it, but meh, i wanted to see it running..
had some spare graphics laying about, so stuck them on until i get the replica graphs.. looks ok but still a lot of white...
issues with the rear brake mount, 10'' rim a lot narrower than a 12, so i need to make some sort of rotor carrier to get the caliper mount back onto the locating lug on the swinger... all in time..
more pics..
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build34.jpg

26090-04-thumpy-resto-build35.jpg

26090-04-thumpy-resto-build36.jpg

26090-04-thumpy-resto-build37.jpg

Looks awesome. Except the kick starter and the bars. I'ld rather see Hi-Rised bars on it and a forged kickstarter from DHZ / Pitsterpro.

I love the gloss red parts and the sticker kit :).

Looks awesome. Except the kick starter and the bars. I'ld rather see Hi-Rised bars on it and a forged kickstarter from DHZ / Pitsterpro.

I love the gloss red parts and the sticker kit :).

Hhmph. everyone is just going to have to deal with the bars. ha ha. The type of triples it has, means i would need to change triples to mount high rise bars.. and those bars are actually pretty tall... they're comfy on the bike, so i wont be changing them just yet... :)
And yeah, the metallic red parts over the engine etc look awesome in the light...

by the way, the bikes not done yet...
Still to come:
Keihin PE24 carby, polished manifold with red anodised bits over the carby and throttle cable
Bunghole 1/4 turn throttle with e-start and killswitch buttons
Acerbis Uniko handguards
FastAce BS22AR shock
Forged kickstart (yes like the LXR's)
Red anodised front master cylinder and levers
Thumpstar HungeTen replica graphics kit
Any other shiny bits i can think of or score cheap off egay... ;)

hmm yes agree with everyone else them bars are not meant to be on a thumpy it dosent look right......... it almost looks like someone putting crf50 graphics on crf70 graphics IT DOSENT LOOK RIGHT!!! lol

by the way im sure somone on here wouldnt swapping you some other tripple clamps for them maybe even red??

and one thing that would look awesome would be red nipples on the wheels

ha ha, yes i'm sure there will be plenty of offers from guys wanting to swap some CNC Pitster triples and fat bars for a set of cast ones and 7/8 hi-rise bars... ummmmm No!!! lol..

In a weird twist of fate, and something which is completely new to me, especially when it comes to building bikes, i'm going with function over form on the bars... they may look wrong, but they feel good. kinda like a hot aunty..

No wait, i got that the wrong way round... ;)

I do agree however, that more red is required... :D

I disagree with everyone,i reckon those bars are way to high and you should take them off and put a nice set of low line clip ons on for that cafe style boy racer look

Just found a set of Thumpy graphics on egay... now to win the auction... :)

haha i should buy and them sell them to you make a profit :p
]

ha ha ha, then i should buy them, and ban your ass for ungentlemanly ebay conduct. ha ha ha. PBK if you bid on the red ones, i may have to kill you. :D
mind you, you did better than i did... i only found one set... :mad:

either way both set are fake...

those grey ones would of looked good if the yellow was replaced with red

yeah, but then i'm not overly fussed if they're fake or not... half my thumpy isnt thumpy, so it's not quite so vital... more to keep the look of the bike in some way akin to the original.. but yeah the red set i found would look alright. :D

ps: Lol @ Troy's clip on cafe bars.. ha ha. need to find 10'' motard rims for that sorta thing. :D

they are thumbstar ones.. but they are in like new condition.. ;)

oh... thumBstar... lol.. pass.. that's just TOO generic.. ha ha ha
pays to read the fine print...
kinda like that time i ordered a set of Bride seats for my skyline, and ended up with a Mail-Order Vietnamese Bride with a fat ass.. ha ha ha

Latest posts

Back