125cc project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but this is a frame mounted one. I think it needs to go on top :/ It's not the ones that moves with the spring, this one is mounted to the frame and doesn't move.

I might try and get a rear brake set up. I haven't had brakes on a bike yet.

hi all , I fixed the few small things on the motorbike today. Starting with the plastics. I forgot about the coil sitting to high and it was causing the seat to sit a bit higher. So I moved it under the frame and zip tied it in place. Then I took the back wheel off and moved the chain ontop of the roller and it's got just the right amount of slack now.

So I went for a ride and the throttle cable was caught up, causing it to idle high. So I found that problem and when for a ride. It goes sooo much better with the new front sprocket and the gearing is almost perfect.

Then A few people had a go on it and it was starting to break down. So after working out what it was for a bit I found the coil was shorting out on the frame where I mounted it. So I just cut the zip ties off it and it run good again. I think we road it for about and hour and it went good.

A few things. It needs to get the shock bushes replaced because they are almost nothing. I have got some coming in the mail that should be a bit stronger and last a bit better. I need more stickers. I thought I had more here but I can't find them. So I will have a look at what i can find on ebay :)

But other then that it's running good and looks mad. Thanks for reading

1376457_10200720107597440_361341644_n.jpg

the chain is looking a bit happier sitting on top of the roller now.
i see what you mean about the seat sitting better on the tank too, with the coil relocated.
good work.

I need to make a new bracket for the coil. There is just no room with all the extra steel on this frame. And most of the wires are shortened for the other frame for they all run nicely under the tank.

I'm stuck with stickers. Any ideas that would go with green. I should have gone blue as there is more aftermarket parts and stickers. I was thinking monster energy but I can't find them in a good pack. So ideas would be good :)

Wowowowow
it looks sweet mate, i would be very happy with that end result :) for your stickers, dont get monster, there pretty bad. lol. nah get what you want dude, you could look at a metal mullisha kit, some of them are green and dont look too bad :)

Yeah I put a few metal mulisha stickers on it but a kit is a bit much for what they are. I'm thinking about making a set myself. I drew up a few plans for it and i'm thinking about using a mix of chrome green vinyl and brushed aluminium vinyl with some mulisha stickers over the top of it.

Lol excuse my drawing ok.

1376969_10200725129842993_844119964_n.jpg

I took both the peewee and the pit bikes out for a ride today. They both went pretty good. A few problems with the peewee but the pit bike went soo good.

My brother had a gps app on his phone so we put that on the motorbikes and the pit bike got 75kmh and the peewee got around 40 but it wasn't running the best. I might mount my gps on it to get a better reading. lol We also raced a 400cc cf moto 4 wheeler and beat it :)

Thanks for reading.

sounds like you had alot of fun, and 75 aint bad for one of those bikes! and getting a custom sticker kit would be sick dude, but there pretty expensive, metal mullisha sticker kits are around 30 bucks any way. good to see your slayin those bigger engines :)

Yeah it was fun. The peewee is a bit sick atm. I think it's just a dirty plug after running a bit rich. I will sort it out tomorrow. It's a pretty old bike so things like this will happen a bit but it's always easy to fix.

With the stickers. I'm going to diy them with some vinyl wrap samples. You can get them cheap. I will just cut it out to the template I made and then layer it up and stick it on. It won't be smooth like a printed one but it will still look the same.

I'm really wishing I looked into colours before I picked green. lol I don't even like green but I haven't really seen a black and green combo on a bike before but it's really hard to get green parts or stickers that are half decent. I should have gone blue but oh well. I might change it one day any way :)

ricky,
what about this idea
cut out each shape from the colour you want individually, for the tank stickers.
then cut out a complete tank shroud template from some decent clear vinyl.

then fit each piece to the matching spot on the back of the clear vinyl, and then the skull/helmet
this way there would be no layers that could catch of lift, and would all be the same thickness

here is a very crude picture to help explain what i mean.

btw, your design is 1000% better than some of the ones commercially available !!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-Mu...d=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=310461007210&

Thanks my67xr , that drawing is mad :) Exactly what I had in mind. I'm going to layer them up some how. I found some ok looking mulisha stickers but i'm getting stuck picking colours to go with it. I'm super fussy when it comes to stuff like this. It's hard to get a good green colour that's not overly expensive though.

Took the bike for another ride yesterday and it went so good. Didn't have one problem with it. The chain has stretched a little bit but that's ok because the back sprocket is so close to the chain guide. I also really need those bushes for the rear shock. The ones in there now are almost totally gone and it makes the ride a bit stiff. I'm keen to make a jump for it :p I haven't really jumped a bike before but keen to give it a try. It's just hitting a lump of dirt at speed so you get air born right ? ahah

The peewee is still stick :( I don't know what's wrong with it. I think it might be running a bit rich again but it's not going so well. Poor peewee mustn't like my 85kg frame on it :p

But yeah, not much going on with the moto atm. Just riding it and having fun. I'm wanting some more power, it's kinda fast and takes off quick but some more power can't hurt :) It's a lot faster then other pit bikes I have had. Oh and it's wasn't a cf moto that we raced , it was a 400cc yamaha grizzly auto.Still can't believe my bike won :D

Thanks for reading

thats prety good dude, dont get those poo-green kinda ones :p when hitting jumps, stand up before them and flow move your body weight in accordance to the bike hitting the jump and you should be ok, just try not to panic in midair and start off small, and then incrementally hit the bigger jumps. try to land on the back wheel first, it lands alot more stable.

I have jumped a few push bikes before. I jumped a 1.3 m high double on my old school dragster. lol best quote , it's not peer pressure , it's just your go :D But I did it and it was awesome. But yeah keen to jump it after I get the rear shock sorted.

yeah dude go for it. you've got that stronger frame and better forks so you should be ok, just watch your axles for bends and cracks. and also keep your engine mount bolts tight. if there loose you could jump and the engine could fall out underneath you!

I have a high tensile bolts in the swing arm , rear shock , engine and a heavy duty in the rear axle. Also have upside down forks and a strengthened frame. So it should be fine to jump it a little. It feels really strong and put together. I check it all after a ride any way , just to make sure it's safe :)

I'm waiting for my camera mount to get here and trying to find my camera charger.. it's gone :(

good ol locktite works wonders to :)

Yeah I got a cheapo no name brand and it seems to work good :) I had trouble with my old bikes falling apart but I think that's partly because of the poor quality bolts they use. There isn't many bolt on it so I replaced all most all of them. I think the only one I haven't done is the ones for the levers and front wheel :)

Latest posts

Back