125cc project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so over this bike. Yeah lets fix up a pitbike and go for lovely rides and stuff! Best idea ever -_-

I tried drilling it ..The drill bit is stuffed and the case is still left in there, almost un touched.

So next i'm going to try and cut it and if that doesn't work i'm going to crack the welder out and because I have only welded once , i'm most likely going to melt it out instead of making a bead on it.

You can get a bearing puller but they are really expensive or I could pay some one at a shop to do it but money is tight.

Over it

if it is only the outer race stuck in there sometimes you can fit a big bolt that just fits inside it and tap it to the left, then to the right
the threads of the bolt can grip in the channel of the race and sometimes they can move the outer race

or weld the biggest nut you can find inside the race, that can give you something to hit and try and tap it out.
the heat will help to loosen it

i suggested to blender to melt some candle wax into the threads of his stuck manifold stud/nut too.
it really penetrates well, and may help you too.

it was pretty hard to get mine out aswell, what i ended up doing was getting an old crappy bolt and pressing it against the side of the bearing casing and after about 1 million hits, it eventually came out :)

I tried to fit a bar stopper in there from a bmx bike and it expands to fit tight but it wasn't big enough to grab onto the bearing.

I did hit it a lot today and it didn't move at all. I kept slipping off with the screw driver and couldn't get a good hit in.

yeah the same thing happened to me with it slipping off. wat i ended up doing is clamping it in a vice so i didnt have to worry about the swingarm moving and that helped alot.

yeah clamping it helps to keep the shock in the hit.
if the swingarm moves around when you hit the bearing, over half of the shock dissipates out through the swinger.

yeah I don't have a vice :/ Or something to heat it up with :/ I might go get a little blow torch and try that. Or I might weld it and try to heat it up that way.

Hi all, So I had a big day but got some work done on the moto. I end up getting what's left out of the smashed bearing out of the swing arm. I hit it a few times and couldn't get it , and then I sat down and had a thought. So after trying a few ideas I found on that worked.

I got a socket that fitted perfectly in the bushing side and it caught the tiny edge of the bearing and I was able to bash it out. It was the smallest little over hang and in parts the bearing case was flush with the swing arm. But it just had enough to push it out.. WIN

So next I had to fix the damage on the swing arm that was caused while trying to get the bearing case out. Just a few scrapes and chips. So I sprayed on some filler primer and sanded it flat,touched up the base coat and blended it in and then re cleared one side so I didn't get a hard edge. It looks so good and you cant see the patch.

So next I need to put the bearings in. And then paint the spring for the fork , plastics, new mounts for electrics and back wheel and chain and it should all be back together looking amazing :)

sounds good,
it's a bit hard to picture in my head though.
any pics ?

Hi all , Yes I will get more pics. Just had a lot going on and the bike hasn't been worked on much.

Today I made a new shock out of 4 spare ones and got the best bits from all of them and made a good one. It should be a lot better. I also got a set of high tensile bolts for it at the huge price of $2 for both :D Money well spent.

I also fitted the swing arm up with the new bearings and bolt. It all went together so easy and works 100% better.

The next things to do is fit the chain slider, guide and tensioner. I grinned all the rust and all the paint off the chain guide , rust treated it and painted it with some left over black.

I also need to take the chain tensioner off the old frame and clean that up a bit.

Also I thought today.. there isn't one part from the parts bike that hasn't had loads of work done to and a fresh coat of paint. The only thing I have used is the wheels, chain , swing arm and that's about it.

I need to make a bracket for the cdi box so I can mount it out of the way and tidy up a few wires.

I should be able to ride it tomorrow. So keen :D

Thanks for reading

sounds good dude, its the same with my build, i've sprayed/cleaned pretty much every component, or made it better in some way :). look foward to seeing some pictures!

Hi all .. I did a lot on the motor bike today. I fitted the shock, chain roller, guide and slider , Made a new muffler bracket out of a drain pipe bracket. It's the same size and with and all I had to do was drill a bigger hole in it and paint it with some left over heat proof paint and then fit the rubber bit.

I fitted up the back wheel and got the chain tight. The rear sprocket just clears the chain guide because the wheel had to come forward because of the new sprocket.

I took apart the chain tensioner off the old frame and I needed to change a bearing. So I had a look in the shed and found an old scooter and the bearing in the wheel was the exact same as the one I needed.. Winning. So I fitted that up and it works good.

I also fitted the plastics. Can some one tell me what's wrong with the seat. It doesn't sit right on the frame. Like the tank is too far back or something :/ it's just not sitting right and looks strange. Have a look at the pics.

A few people have asked for more photos. Sorry I should post more but any way , I took some today.

1391726_10200714199529742_33809357_n.jpg

1391987_10200714197889701_616880839_n.jpg

1376520_10200714197089681_410649621_n.jpg

9512_10200714202449815_1175993879_n.jpg

1374048_10200714201329787_1252870851_n.jpg

1377562_10200714204129857_143529183_n.jpg

1379743_10200714204689871_1798502965_n.jpg

The swing arm is a bit darker then it shows in photos. It has a lot of silver metallic in it and it reflects a lot of light. I got a better colour that was more bright green but it was a broken can so I had to replace it and they didn't have the colour in stock.. But it looks ok.

I still need a few little parts so I will order them and my stickers should be here any day as well as the new fuel cap. Also any feed back would be good :)

Thanks for reading.

it's looking good, very clean.

chain looks a little tight thoug ?
did you adjust it with your full weight on the seat, then give it 40mm - 50mm up and down movement in the middle?

no brakes yet ?
is the front wheel just fitted to make it roll, disc/caliper normally goes on the other side

you might be able to fix the tank/seat angle by using a couple of spacers in between the front tank mount and the frame, longer bolt might be needed too.

Thanks mate, Yeah I think the chain is a bit tight. It won't be able to come forward any more though :/ Might need a new one. but it should stretch a little bit hopefully.

And nope , not going to run brakes. The front ones don't work with the new forks and the back ones are stuffed so i'm going to leave them off. I just down shift if I need to slow down :)

With the seat. I might try and move it forward a bit.. It's like it's too far back and the plastics don't fit properly.

with the seat mounts, there are 2 tabs underneath the front, they hook into loops in the top of the frame.
then the back has a flap, that sits against a plate and 2x bolts go through it.
there isnt much you can do adjustment wise.

i'd be undoing and removing the front tank mounting bolt
then lift the tank up to see if it all sits better, i reckon it will
then just make up a spacer to suit the required height.

looks great dude, looks better than mine :p. the green swingarm looks sick too. i made a custom bracket for my muffler a while ago too, i used 15x3mm steel and bent it to shape, the stock ones are terrible!! and dude, i would seriously try and run 1 brake, prefferebly the front. u can buy kits online for around 30-45 bucks, so thats pretty cheap insurance! and your gbox and clutch wont like the changing down too much iether.
and btw, my exhaust looks better chrome :p!!

Last edited:
with the seat mounts, there are 2 tabs underneath the front, they hook into loops in the top of the frame.
then the back has a flap, that sits against a plate and 2x bolts go through it.
there isnt much you can do adjustment wise.

i'd be undoing and removing the front tank mounting bolt
then lift the tank up to see if it all sits better, i reckon it will
then just make up a spacer to suit the required height.

Yeah I can't get the tabs under the little bit that holds them down. I'm going to take the tank off and make the holes a bit longer in it so it sits a bit more forward. Because this frame has been modded , I think they might be off a little bit, also i'm mixing new plastics , a seat off a different bike and a modded frame.. so there is going to be problems some where.

Also I might try and space the back mount out a little bit also. So that should fix it ..

Another thing.. With the chain. Is the chain meant to sit on top of the roller or under it. Atm it's under and looks like it's stretching it out. I forgot to check it when I put it on :/

its gotta be under it, what the chain roller does is ensure an even tension of the chain even at its longest point :)

l'd say the roller needs to be under the chain, it isnt spring loaded is it ?
a clearer pic may help

Latest posts

Back