150cc T-rex Daytona motor - photos

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a scut tb 160 piston, it is very short (like the takegawa 178 piston) it only drops into the cases 1mm trust me. Sure you could find another piston to get higher compression but really 12:1 is the cut off for pump gas here in the states, anything higher and it predetonates. Yes it's only a tb 160 kit for the jialing/lifan engines, which i stated in the origional post. I am just suprized noone has tried this yet so we did. Now if you want to do the 4v dohc, just grab a 60mm kitaco 4 valve klx piston and your done, we will be testing that next month as i want to give this setup a go for awhile. I will try and get some video of us testing this setup as soon as this 12" snow is out of here. Feel free to ask more questions.

we dont understand how you can say it only drops into the cases 1mm when you can clearly see half the wrist pin in there (at least 6mm) and theres the piston skirt...

i think theres a bit of confusion goin on..

Its a scut piston the sides of the piston are shorter than where the wrist pin goes in, i will try to find a pic for you guys. The area that contacts the cylinder walls only drops in the cases 1mm

Like this one ?

178scut.

skirttg5.jpg

yep now im with it...

didnt realise they were actually that short. thought there were at least as long as the piston pin

WELL YOU GUYS BEAT ME TO IT, DAMN TIME ZONE SHIT. HERE IS A PIC OF THE TB XR100 SCUT PISTON SO YOU GUYS CAN SEE WHAT I AM SAYING.
100scut.jpg

yes sir, thats the 1. we have a takegawa +r head also coming to test with this combo. make sure you reuse the dowels from the original cylinder. it is crutial to keep the cylinder lined up with the cases.

you can buy the bores just by themself as the piston is pointless to buy if ya not going to use it...

cant find where i seen them listed, maybe ebay usa...

HACKMUCH can you link up where to get this piston from please

Hey guys can you share your thoughts on this.

i have a daytona 125cc.

Can i put the daytona 150cc DOHC head on
and buy the 119cc 4valve 54mm piston?

will the piston height be correct or is there a reason
that the 119cc kit comes with a 52mm crank as the
125cc has the 54.5mm

what compression do you think this setup will run?

what price are we looking at from Mild to Wild?

Cheers guys

thx corey.

always worth looking into ideas like this though.
looks like ill just buy the T-Rex first and then go
from there.

YEA THE TREX USES JIALING STUD SPACING BUT MOUNTAIN IS CORRECT JUST USE THE 119 DOHC SETUP AS THAT IS HONDA. HERE IS A LINK TO THE TB 160 PISTON AND CYLINDER ---- > Honda Trail Bikes

he will be able to used the 119c parts on the 125, but the 150 parts wont fit the 125,

ok so i get it. the 119cc DOHC head will fit my 125cc, but if my whole aim is to eventually go to 150cc then i should get that first and then buy the DOHC cause they have a different stud pattern.

hey guys i have also found a daytona stroker kit from monstermoto....... Monstermoto Ltd> MonsterMoto Shop - Top Level > Monstermoto Pit Bikes & all major pit bike parts. > Performance Parts > Daytona Only engines and parts. > 2 mm Stroker pin 160cc
makes the 150cc into a 160cc. oh yeah!!!

do you think this at 14:1 compression is getting a little high to the already stock 12.5:1 ?
what about reliability issues. do you think you could just put in two base gaskets to lower the compression but still have a 160cc.

image your setup Hackmunch with the 4v DOHC, 60mm piston, daytona cam and 2mm stroker running 14:1. wholy hell it would have to be said that would be one of the fastest engine combo's around. not to mention all the port tickling.

Our plans are to do the 167cc 4v dohc with custom cams for our pro rider at vegas. I like the idea of the stroker for the 2v but not for the 4v. Either way it's cool that other companies are working on aftermarket upgrades for the daytona. The daytona is light years better than the z155 and yx junk.

Latest posts

Back