150cc T-rex Daytona motor - photos

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the stud patten for the motor is jailing/lifan so it will bolt onto a lifan 150 studs

..well ...problem is , like Jack said, the cylinder height...not to forget , who's gonna make a piston for that thing(and a clutch that holds up:p )???
..but only thinking about a 4V on my old 146 makes me drool....hhahahaha

the stud patten for the motor is jailing/lifan so it will bolt onto a lifan 150 studs

Yeah , we know that ....... But what is the length of the Daytona's cylinder barrel and the length of the head ...... IF the cylinder is the same length and the cam tunnel is the same height from the deck surface as a Lifan 150 BVH .. then they'd fit without cam chain hassles ...... and you could still use the Lifan piston .....

yer no wat u mean but once u got a head and the 150 lifan it woudnt be hard to get some think to work. there is so many difference barrles out there that fit them studs, but knoin if it will fit is alway much better and save alot of time and money if u dont got a large choice.....

what would help is to no wat is the piston pin size, but we will no it soona or later when pull it down alot more

Well IF they're well engineered they'll be using a 15 mm pin ...... just like Honda uses in their 125 and up motors ..... People use conrods with smaller pins so that they can buy el cheapo pistons from Akunar etc but from a strength and reliability point of view you'd run the pin size that has the greatest bearing surface area and load carrying capacity . In a racing engine , if you want a lighter pin you'd run a taper wall tool steel pin ....... or a Honda taper bored pin ........

http://www.jepistons.nl/je/pdf/2005-hd5.pdf

wrist-pins.jpg

Last edited:
wat would u like to no??

done 2 hours run it time so far on it, hav not missed a beat have smooth box and good power

got racing sunday so ill be able to give it a good run then and see how it goes ill report bak thenn

I like to know what to avoid from the start...still waiting for ours...damn shipping companies.. will check on that oilpump thing when it arrives...but the dyno from belgium says something about 15+hp...well thats like my lifan got ...mmm...was hoping for a bit more for all that cash!
well...drop the hammer sunday and then we will see!!

gave it a good hard run today did not fail once,

love the gear box very smooth, never got a false gear once or any slips nor missed gears,

The power on it has it great, in stock form with no work but a P28mm carby it was beating hotted up lifan 150s, yx 160's, daytona 125 wif 28/24mm valves and heaps of other combos.

the power on it kicked in from about 5000rpm and it didnt stop pulling loved it,

any videos??...well now Iam even more anxious...I WANT THAT THING NOW RRRRIGHT NOW !!

I Want One

THIS IS What I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AAAAWWWWWWHHHHHH!!! DAMN I JUST SHOT MY LLOOAA&&&&&!! is it possible to fit a daytona dohc head to the lifan150cc??

Last edited:
we have been testing this engine for a few weeks here in the US with good results. much better than the z155 and yx160 junk.

we have been testing this engine for a few weeks here in the US with good results. much better than the z155 and yx160 junk.

Ahh we have had this motor in AUS for over a year and a half. :p

Pretty steep price tag though.

yer for the price i would def rather the 155z i couldn't imagine i would bee way way faster

there not new over here but they finally got in the hands of people that know what they are doing. so far so good. daytona flew in from japan and gave us some good inside info, the 4 valve is next.

well think about it if you got a z155 for $700 that means you got 900 bucks to spend on a 155z for the same price and you could go get a v2 head plus 184 kit for something close to that and i bet you a 155 with a v2 head and 184 kit would smash one of these donks any day

well think about it if you got a z155 for $700 that means you got 900 bucks to spend on a 155z for the same price and you could go get a v2 head plus 184 kit for something close to that and i bet you a 155 with a v2 head and 184 kit would smash one of these donks any day

DAM straight,

lmao and last 2 laps, been there done that. We built a 202cc+r yx and the cases and output shafted last 3 laps. Z155 and yx160 are junk.

your a goose mate the daychina is just as bad

rebuild every 10 hours my ass

and as the boys say the price is 2:1 not worth it in many peoples opinion

any updates on this?

in terms of reliability compared to a 155z... is the money justified?

Latest posts

Back