150cc T-rex Daytona motor - photos

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fairly sure Hackmunch also said the cam tunnel is at a different height from the cylinder deck in a Takegawa head than it is in a stock Daytona head ...

175 is a Ho155 with a 63 mm bore = 171.4** ... so to be honest it isnt really a new engine just a bigger CC option.

Im still pondering if the daytona would be worth it .. the cheap bore and cam upgrade for it is relatively cheap ... but going any bigger its blown the price out to much for me .

So if 167 and cam is fast enough . and will hold up to it alot better then the yx/z then its definitely a good option .

But i cant see it being to much faster then what i got atm.. and even then i can slap on a cheap as 64mm kit = 177cc to blow that daytona setup away ... but then reliability ....

Im gonna wait till i get a problem with the z then think about it some more.

Last edited:
i feel the daytona does not need anymore stroke (59mm is plenty). the best bang for the buck is the 268 cam with 150hc piston but for another 100$ the 268 with TB 60mm scut (167cc) kit will haul ass. i think we have some videos with all of the different setups. i will have to get eviloompa to put them on youtube for the non believers. i just had a friend switch over from a yx160 with 60mm tb hc piston and v2 head(stock s20 cam option) to the daytona 150, he is running the 268 cam with 150cc hc piston and told me he feels the daytona makes more topend then his v2 setup but has a tad less bottomend but he said the main benifit from switching over was the cl ratio tranny and the way the engine shifts, he also said he loves the ignition, he installed a switch on the green and white lead on the ignition and can switch between 2 different ignition maps on the fly like the vortex/tokyo mods setup. i told him the bottomend difference is more than likely the ignition on the daytona as it is nowhere near advanced as the yx/155z. he is gonna play around with the adjustable ignition timing to see if he can equal the yx160/v2 bottomend grunt. just a side not this "friend" is an a class bigbike rider.

the prob ive found Hack is the daytona ignition are great but dont vary as the revs do. the advance is set to the one figure the whole way through.

stage 1 = 25
stage 2 = 30
stage 3 = 35
stage 4 = 40

i feel the daytona does not need anymore stroke (59mm is plenty). the best bang for the buck is the 268 cam with 150hc piston but for another 100$ the 268 with TB 60mm scut (167cc) kit will haul ass. i think we have some videos with all of the different setups. i will have to get eviloompa to put them on youtube for the non believers. i just had a friend switch over from a yx160 with 60mm tb hc piston and v2 head(stock s20 cam option) to the daytona 150, he is running the 268 cam with 150cc hc piston and told me he feels the daytona makes more topend then his v2 setup but has a tad less bottomend but he said the main benifit from switching over was the cl ratio tranny and the way the engine shifts, he also said he loves the ignition, he installed a switch on the green and white lead on the ignition and can switch between 2 different ignition maps on the fly like the vortex/tokyo mods setup. i told him the bottomend difference is more than likely the ignition on the daytona as it is nowhere near advanced as the yx/155z. he is gonna play around with the adjustable ignition timing to see if he can equal the yx160/v2 bottomend grunt. just a side not this "friend" is an a class bigbike rider.

be interesting to see your friend try a larger cam in his yx160 to compare against the daytona as the s20 cam is pretty much a stock cam or baby as some would call it. and this would be the reason he feels more top end on the daytona..

be good to see some vids too...

the prob ive found Hack is the daytona ignition are great but dont vary as the revs do. the advance is set to the one figure the whole way through.

stage 1 = 25
stage 2 = 30
stage 3 = 35
stage 4 = 40

thats a bit strange hey, 30 is a little too much and 25 isnt quite there lol.. but at least you have 25 for hi comp..

but i spose you could look at it this way too in a motard enviroment..

25 for long tracks and 40 for very short tracks... obviously the more advance the quicker it reaches its peak rpm

i would think dirt is a little different as you need torque and rpm's at different times

yeah i was looking at tho yesterday.. but im pretty sure the complete kit is for crf/xr 50 so im not sure if its compatible..

i was only looking at the adjustable cdi with 6 settings.. mega battle i think it was..

and why is it your so concerned about the advance settings on yr cdi.. at least you got pretty much the right total advance.. which is most important.. and you would spend more time above 3000rpm's then under.. i really couldnt see a benefit.

yeah i think stage one or two on the daytona's is good enough for a high comp engine. ill run race fuel in it do be safe

i feel the daytona does not need anymore stroke (59mm is plenty)..

i believe that to, but the motard class here is AUS has a limit of 160cc so it was the only way to legally get the extra cc's out of the engine

Last edited:
Have heard less stroke , will hve a greater top end pull compared to the same engien/bore with a bigger stroke . so in a way the stroke could of a been a bad option ...

But im way drunk and i think i heard that stuff .

think it was comparing a yx 150/160 . one good for motard , one better for mx

well since the conversation has moved onto cdi and ignition... how do the new 155 and 175 fair in this department?
may not be as technologically advanced as say the daytona?
or good enough to push decent power?

Have heard less stroke , will hve a greater top end pull compared to the same engien/bore with a bigger stroke . so in a way the stroke could of a been a bad option ...

But im way drunk and i think i heard that stuff .

think it was comparing a yx 150/160 . one good for motard , one better for mx

yes you did hear that, it was comments about the motard rider that won the last round of VIC titles and he prefers to run the YX150 over the YX160 because it spins up faster.

in saying that, there is word that the daytona stroker gives you another 1,000rpm, sounds strange that a longer stroke would do that but ill be able to tell you guys for sure when my motor is running. also this daytona 160 doesnt seem to be short on rev's!

YouTube - Scott mc 160 stroker daytona

yes you did hear that, it was comments about the motard rider that won the last round of VIC titles and he prefers to run the YX150 over the YX160 because it spins up faster.

in saying that, there is word that the daytona stroker gives you another 1,000rpm, sounds strange that a longer stroke would do that but ill be able to tell you guys for sure when my motor is running. also this daytona 160 doesnt seem to be short on rev's!

YouTube - Scott mc 160 stroker daytona

lol it seems the dyno tester doesnt care about the engine pinging its head off in the lower rev range when he nails it..

was quiet scary to listen to lol, was wainting for a big cloud of smoke to shoot out the pipe...

it does. but sounds like it wasnt a true run. we'll wait and see what comes of it. the knobby back tire wont help the results. motard tire is better and the rear brake was dragging. i would have been looking for more that 13rwhp and less than 18wrhp.

those claims of the R+ head on one making 22hp are scary.

ya the knoby back tire is good for about a 20% loss. 15hp stock with the correct a/f mixture sounds more common.

sweet hack, thanks for the vid. it really puts it visually into perspective of what these engines can do.

Do you have to do anything to the clutches running these kind of set-ups?

Latest posts

Back