2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
03172010286.jpg

03172010287.jpg

if you read this thread thump explains the manifold issues and fix

yeah but im pretty sure its a different manifold to what thumps got..

oh and matt, i ment to say unbolt the adapter and spin it 180 degree's.
the bolts holes are offset on the adapter

just wondering, i bought a blitz off ebay, done a fair bit of work, but cant for the life of me figure out why on earth the rear break caliper is free to move, and not attatched to the swingarm at all? also what the heck is thast rattle/ squeal that i can hear every time i take off and are moving. even in neutral. narrowed it down a little but still dumbstruck, its not the suspension at all, possibly chain/ drive related.

if anyone has any idea, let me know, much appreciated.

cheers

new carb for my link......

hi there;
have been reading your posts, thought i would share my experiance with the link 250...

i have done a few upgrades to her, but this is the latest.
i have fitted a 30mm OKO flat slide carb, to do so i have made my own manifold by using the old flange as a profile to plasma a new one machined the center out and welded in a pipe piece roughly 45deg and polished the inside, cut a wedge out of the frame to fit it..... not a lot of room in there!

i left the carb standard jetting, for the first ride...... result = 40% better responsiveness
and a lot more bottom-end punch, fuel consumption increases by roughly 10% (but who cares)...

next time i will use a #100 - #102 jet and see if i can lean it up just a tad!!! but realy it dosent need it! i will also shorten the exhaust this week and decrease rear sprocket size ...... a lot !

any questions?.... i will keep you posted

Attachments

• P3200001.jpg
    P3200001.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 48
  • P3200003.JPG
    P3200003.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 44
  • P3200004.jpg
    P3200004.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 46
Hey guyss, I also have FINALLY attatched my 26mm OKO flatslide! I think it may have given it a little bit more power but not much. Its more responsive then the old shatty carby. Runs a bit rough atm coz idk how to tune. hopefully DVD will do it for me :p. Anyways just thought id let yas all no haha.

Hi,

Has anyone experimented with different sprocket setups?

Dave.

just ran the bike in at the motor x park, it doesnt handle the jumps too bad for someone my weight.
no match atall compeared to the propper yz20f's but it was still great fun. now my arms are like jelly and im aching like a ***** though :)
one more thing, when i poured the fuel in there was 3 major leeks in the tank, took the plastics off and it turns out those little chinks put screws in about 10mm too long! any one else get that problem?

Rog01 , are you talking about where the bolts go into the tank for the plastics? because if you are i have the same problem.

well thump u've done very well and solved a few of my probs just with that review. thumbs up for sure. Croc

gday,
Sweet review, been doing most of these mods to my blitz.
Just a quickie though, my rear brake calliper is not actually attatched to the swingarm...any ideas as to how i could possibly attatch it? there seems to be a little knob facing towards a slide gap in the calliper, but it is positioned to low to be able to fit in. SO at the moment my calliper is free to move!

Second thing, does someone know and places that service chinas in Adelaide, South Australia??

EAST 50's on payneham rd do them, not sure about Loncin motors though mate. Pretty simple to service yourself however.

East %)'s Ph: 08 83635050 or 0410487366
201 Payneham rd St Peters
they also have a website

well i just read these 50 pages flat out during breaks from 'Saving Private Ryan' on the telly. Don't know why, just saw the link to it from 'chinamoto forum' and started reading, got fascinated. I will not be getting one of these bikes either as I have a klingon 200 r/t but just wanted to compliment you all on a brilliant thread, especially 'Thumpa' of course.
I am an old fart, retired hurt that just bumps up the road 15km for my post and ciggies, scared to open it up even on the gravel road into town ... found the hard way that bolts on chinabikes fall off, some are missing, some bits are bent or crap, but hey they are fun and great for the money.
Now then, anyone want to lead the way with a Klingon mod thread please?
jape

i have 1 of these bike and their not realy good for any thing than just riding round in a circle not on a track just a circle if u get stronger parts u can do what u want it will be cheaper to get a secound hand 250 honda other brand

i have 1 of these bike and their not realy good for any thing than just riding round in a circle not on a track just a circle if u get stronger parts u can do what u want it will be cheaper to get a secound hand 250 honda other brand

Mate, did you even read the thread? :confused:

Latest posts

Back