Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there is hardly any clearance on my zongshen too between the fins and the fuel drain screw on the bottom of the carby! So cleared a bit of room in the shed got all the parts to get the yx going tomorrow I hope...

I think ill sell some parts before I tell the wife about today purchase god I hope this motor is going to be worth it!! If not I'm selling it and buying a new 54x54 lifan and putting a high comp piston in that!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Last edited:
the Lifan 150 Flywheels are a touch heavier than a YX160 Flywheel
my Z155HO has the same size flywheel as the Lifan 150 has

really they all looked different to me...but the Lifan was still on the bike. I found everything the two CDIs, a loom for 5 pin cdi, a loom for the 150 CDI, the 150 CDI, the oil cooler. I can do the rear wheel stuff. I think I found the carby the 150 had its pretty small I thought it was bigger my bad...I think that is the only spare carby I have around so must be the one!

Maybe the bike was owned by a chinese girl who had just learnt to drive and was to heavy and she kept dropping it....

Right getting there! Oil cooler on old motor out we've opted to weld the shift star back together because we don't want split to the motor completely to pull it out! Back wheel is done!

uploadfromtaptalk1402726447911.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1402726471193.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1402726498284.jpg

It lives!!! Just kicked over!! All gears should be gooduploadfromtaptalk1402741767337.jpg

Frankensteins bride! Good stuff.

Last edited:
compression was down when he started kicking it over at first.
once the oil started moving around the compression came good.
then there was no firing when kicking it over
stu pulled the plug out and saw it was a china quality Torch A7TC, but the ground electrode was touching the centre electrode.
he swapped in an NGK and it fired up, was a bit too late/noisy to give it a rev etc though.

Don't jinx me Blender or ill come looking for you! Nah I have faith the gearbox has been rebuilt, I'm running high performance 4stroke bike specific oil and it won't get thrashed! So this is the shift star after it got welded up...not that its vital but could have caused some intermittent weird shifting problems!! uploadfromtaptalk1402748065434.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1402748084386.jpg
Cant seem to find the finished photo...but it looked pretty good before it went back in! Should be solid now :thumbup: should be able to take it to the spare block tomorrow or Monday and give it a test run looking forward to that!!

it should make the PitPro feel a lot stronger, torque v's revs etc, compared to the other 125

yeah will be heaps better than the 125, he still has the 160 in the big wheel tho yeah? thats the comparison im keen on having never ridden the yx150 donks

yeah the 160 is still there.
we'll have to mark out a time trial track at morgan for him and time each bike around it
i'll try and remember to take my radar guns too and see what the top speed's are as well !

Do the yx have a rev limiter like the z160 Craig? So should have waited til next months comp Tassy Stu!!

the rev limiter in the Z160HO is the weak valve springs

i'm sure you could re enter it, it has a heart transplant after all!!! i dont no the rules the so you would have to check with craig...
with the weak valve springs on the zonger, is it worth upgrading those or better off just splashing out on the tb head? just asking for the future when callum tells me the 160 isnt enough anymore lol

Oh....really...so the valve springs just cant keep up? Hmmm is that not an factory thing to stop you over revving it? just is what it is Chinese quality!? Is this why you're putting the yx head on your z160 Craig! Weak as in soft Craig??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back