200cc braaps?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent ridden one no. I got a mate that rides a X4r. 155 with v2 and was looking to change to a linkage bike ether the rev or the lxr and he had 4 races on one and struggled to get the power to the ground on it. I cant beat him usually but on the linkage I was giving him a hard time. He dont want a linkage now

yeah but that's on tar huh ? ... I got no experience there but I guess there is a reason for it ... I mean on dirt it feels better thru bumps and whoops to me seems to get back down and hook up faster in that sorta situation ... so without bumps and whoops there probably aint much advantage ... but yeah definately better in the dirt I reckon .

yeah but that's on tar huh ? ... I got no experience there but I guess there is a reason for it ... I mean on dirt it feels better thru bumps and whoops to me seems to get back down and hook up faster in that sorta situation ... so without bumps and whoops there probably aint much advantage ... but yeah definately better in the dirt I reckon .

Im talking about on dirt. I have never raced on tar.

personal prefernce when all come down to it and different riding styles

so if i buy a LXR and het these upgardes it would be 200cc? OKO 26mm Flatslide, TB V2 Race Head,

i've been told to go oko 30mm with my 184cc kit so prob look for one of them

Im yet to be proven that a linkage bike is better. If they were so much better why has the big bike brandslike KTM and Husky done away with it?

I tend to agree although im a bit behind the times these days and havnt ridden any of the newer linkage bikes yet so I cant compare them. KTM have been playing around with a linkage bike so it'll be interesting to see which way they go in the future.

Since you mentioned KTM and we're on the topic of direct mount vs linkage does anyone know how well the direct mount WP shock performs? Are they at least half as good as they claim?

WP1.jpg

WP3.jpg
WP5.jpg

WP4.jpg

Pitbike - WP Shock

• Separate low- and high speed compression adjustment, with 16 possibilities each.
  • Rebound adjustment with 16 possibilities.
  • 40mm tube and 14mm piston rod offers you better traction.
  • Mounting points with build in bearings for more direct driving feeling.
  • Exceptional cooling properties due to the use of heat diverting aluminium alloys, therefore constant shock absorption and longer life.
  • Large nitrogen reservoir to keep the damping stable in even the most extreme conditions.
  • High quality, CNC machined, anodised alloy components: less wear and more reliable then most standard shock absorbers.
  • 280mm and fit all PITPRO and pitbikes with similar geometry

Last edited:
They look damn good.
I was surprised to see KTM had done away with the linkage after hearing everyone on here rave about them. I got a feeling they have given up on them and gone back to what they know works

I would have to say comparing china suspension to big bike jap suspension is pointless .

That all people that ride linkage bikes would agree with you tha you cant compare china suspension to big bike jap suspension

That all people that ride linkage bikes would agree with you tha you cant compare china suspension to big bike jap suspension

Well ya can but you have to keep in mind they are different ... different stroke ,spring rates , travel etc etc . As someone said earlier it's down to preference really ... I mean get on one and make ya mind up yaself bruz, just cause ya mate don't like em doesn't mean they are good or bad just he doesn't like em ... so sure if you just look to your mate for opinions without actually riding one then yeah they are no good but that's a bit premature in my opinion ... if you take into account most if not all of the fastest riders like em then dismiss em as sh#t then you are sorta saying they all don't know sh#t but ya mate does ?

That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion if he jumped off a cliff would you ? ... Why not ride one and make ya mind up yaself ... I mean you say no one has prooved they are better but surely ya mate not liking em doesn't proove they are sh#t either ...

so yeah get on one and make your own mind up bruz jmo :action-smiley-035:

Well ya can but you have to keep in mind they are different ... different stroke ,spring rates , travel etc etc . As someone said earlier it's down to preference really ... I mean get on one and make ya mind up yaself bruz, just cause ya mate don't like em doesn't mean they are good or bad just he doesn't like em ... so sure if you just look to your mate for opinions without actually riding one then yeah they are no good but that's a bit premature in my opinion ... if you take into account most if not all of the fastest riders like em then dismiss em as sh#t then you are sorta saying they all don't know sh#t but ya mate does ?

That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion if he jumped off a cliff would you ? ... Why not ride one and make ya mind up yaself ... I mean you say no one has prooved they are better but surely ya mate not liking em doesn't proove they are sh#t either ...

so yeah get on one and make your own mind up bruz jmo :action-smiley-035:

Fair call mate.

Im yet to be proven that a linkage bike is better. If they were so much better why has the big bike brandslike KTM and Husky done away with it?

i was under the impression that ktm have just gone with linkage and ditched the direct mount system.
2011 KTM SX MODELS | News | Dirt Bike Magazine

mmm maybe but from personal experience I'm pretty sure I'm faster on a linkage ... I reckon they hook up and track better so in my opinion that has more to do with it. Another way to look at it is as you say 75% of us are on em ...I doubt that many of us would be on em if they didn't feel better to us ... at least I wouldn't be .:beerchug:

Did ya ride one and not like it ?

i know for a fact im definitely faster on a linkage, and that was a bog stock lxr with no suspension adjustments.. point and steer with the throttle..

I havent ridden one no. I got a mate that rides a X4r. 155 with v2 and was looking to change to a linkage bike ether the rev or the lxr and he had 4 races on one and struggled to get the power to the ground on it. I cant beat him usually but on the linkage I was giving him a hard time. He dont want a linkage now

so which one did he run 4 races on. if it was the rev.. millville tyres arent the best on a linkage bike.. well neither of the factory tyres on a rev or lxr are any good..

and standard tuned suspension isnt going to get you anywhere.. oil replacement is required in the forks on any bike. and you need to dial the rear shock in.. theres heaps of adjustment on the dnm rears..

so if i buy a LXR and het these upgardes it would be 200cc? OKO 26mm Flatslide, TB V2 Race Head,

193cc with the z155 55mm stroke and 67mm bore kit or 205cc with a 69mm bore kit.
both require the big s35 cam. 69mm not recommended tho as the head gasket is pretty thin in one section...

26 oko is too small but would yield awesome punch down low. but it would fade off in the top pretty quick and you'd think the engine was poo..

definitely need a decomp as you'll kill kicker gears and cases..

IMO 193cc is plenty with a V2 and hectic porting, running the s35 cam and an oko 30mm carb... standard lxr exhaust still performs but theres plenty more to be made in a custom 35mm stainless pipe..

I tend to agree although im a bit behind the times these days and havnt ridden any of the newer linkage bikes yet so I cant compare them. KTM have been playing around with a linkage bike so it'll be interesting to see which way they go in the future.

Since you mentioned KTM and we're on the topic of direct mount vs linkage does anyone know how well the direct mount WP shock performs? Are they at least half as good as they claim?

WP1.jpg

WP3.jpg
WP5.jpg

WP4.jpg

Pitbike - WP Shock

• Separate low- and high speed compression adjustment, with 16 possibilities each.
  • Rebound adjustment with 16 possibilities.
  • 40mm tube and 14mm piston rod offers you better traction.
  • Mounting points with build in bearings for more direct driving feeling.
  • Exceptional cooling properties due to the use of heat diverting aluminium alloys, therefore constant shock absorption and longer life.
  • Large nitrogen reservoir to keep the damping stable in even the most extreme conditions.
  • High quality, CNC machined, anodised alloy components: less wear and more reliable then most standard shock absorbers.
  • 280mm and fit all PITPRO and pitbikes with similar geometry

never really looked at these shocks, but the one above ain't much good lol.. look at the travel..

which brings me to mention the linkage style bikes get more travel at the swing arm out of the same spec shock because it's ratio'ed..

not sure how many have ridden a good suspension tuned crf50 or A style swing arm bike but the weaker spring makes for a heaps better ride, soaks all the little bumps up as well as shtloads of travel for those big moments..

also id like to see a none linkage bikes rear wheel tuck right up under the rear guard and still not bottom out..

**end off dribble** lol

i was under the impression that ktm have just gone with linkage and ditched the direct mount system.
2011 KTM SX MODELS | News | Dirt Bike Magazine

i know for a fact im definitely faster on a linkage, and that was a bog stock lxr with no suspension adjustments.. point and steer with the throttle..

never really looked at these shocks, but the one above ain't much good lol.. look at the travel..

which brings me to mention the linkage style bikes get more travel at the swing arm out of the same spec shock because it's ratio'ed..

not sure how many have ridden a good suspension tuned crf50 or A style swing arm bike but the weaker spring makes for a heaps better ride, soaks all the little bumps up as well as shtloads of travel for those big moments..

also id like to see a none linkage bikes rear wheel tuck right up under the rear guard and still not bottom out..

**end off dribble** lol

I thought they were only using a linkage setup on their 4 stroke mx bikes. The 2 strokes and exc's will continue with the direct mount or have they changed their mind again? lol

Ive got nothing against using a linkage setup but for me it was more a case of being skeptical about the strength and reliability of them on the Chinese bikes. The reviews they've been getting lately from people like yourself have been giving me some more confidence in them though. Have there been any reports of busted up linkages yet?

lol I didnt take much notice of the travel in those pics of the WP shock but your right it doesnt look like much. Ive havnt seen any other specs or pics of it and theres no mention of travel. Maybe someone like The Mountain would know more about them since they're in his part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back