200cc braaps?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tas

Reaction score
i dont know if someone knows much about these? like are they the only pitbike that has 200cc. or can you do it to any pitbike with the right mods?

Have you got a link to the bike mate? i cant say ive seen a 200cc Braaaaap...But then again, Braap is not something i go outta my way to look at (unless pointing and laughing)

You'll be faster with a linkage setup ... a 200cc engine isn't much good in an old twitchy frame there isn't much more horses than a 160 ho with a tb head and you'll get that waaaay cheaper and have a linkage setup and go faster all day ... as for not sellin em off the shelf cause crew will hurt themselves ? what a load of rubbish he'd sell one to his Granny .

but is there any other brand that you can buy it of the shelf?

but is there any other brand that you can buy it of the shelf?

Seen a few in the uk but what is the point if it's in an obsolete frame ? I saw one at the nationals and it finished waaay back in the pack.

yeah you can walk into City Motorbikes and see dom and say can i have a 200cc in that bike before it leaves the shop. that makes it off the shelf. Braaap wont be selling that bike described for $4500 i can tell you. that is Brads personal race bike that they tested. i know someone on here who has ridden it as well.

there off the shelf Maestro is like $4000 from memory and the bike describes has a V2 head, a 67mm big bore kit Keihin PWK28mm carb all on a normal YX160cc motor.

i have seen dom from City Motorbikes put the same engine in a motard and take it round the track.

Seen a few in the uk but what is the point if it's in an obsolete frame ? I saw one at the nationals and it finished waaay back in the pack.

was there a 200cc braaap at nationals?

do you remember what number?

and yes as others have said it is do able to any klx style stud pattern engine, i think in the states they have gotten them to 240cc

but as dready has clearly stated there is no need for one unless you can use it to its full potential, if you buy a 160 ho dont get a v2 head till you can ride the 160 to its potential it will make you a faster rider then trying to ride some fast tuned race engine expecting to be fast

lol, i remember reading this a while back.. typical of you know who to be claiming something like this... wouldnt be surprised if the head is called a braaap vegas race head lol...
yep you can do it too any klx style engine, one of my engines is 200cc. unless you use a v2 or large valve head the upgrade is pretty pointless tho, even the v2 is getting boarder line too small in the valves when you start pushing 200+cc.
and yeah heard of 250+cc done easy..

VVV thanks for the laughs mate...lol VVV
Vegas.jpeg

^^^ got that edition of adb...
at first i was like wow a 200cc???
then i was like oh wow look at how small it is... *bored*
i love the quote "its like they put a 450 in a drier!!!"
lol

pretty sure they need to build a bike with linkage, that amount of power in a crf style is just retarded (although i want one) you would be better off with that engine in an lxr

Im yet to be proven that a linkage bike is better. If they were so much better why has the big bike brandslike KTM and Husky done away with it?

Im yet to be proven that a linkage bike is better. If they were so much better why has the big bike brandslike KTM and Husky done away with it?

Have'nt seen a non linkage bike podium for a while that should tell ya something .

yeah 4 riders came with 9 bikes and only 4 of em were running by the end of the day .

Lol braapp is most operated over priced bike there is they just make it out to be the bees knees but it ain't

Have'nt seen a non linkage bike podium for a while that should tell ya something .

Could it have something to do with the fact that 75% of the bikes are linkage bikes so therefor have a much higher chance of getting on the podium?

Could it have something to do with the fact that 75% of the bikes are linkage bikes so therefor have a much higher chance of getting on the podium?

mmm maybe but from personal experience I'm pretty sure I'm faster on a linkage ... I reckon they hook up and track better so in my opinion that has more to do with it. Another way to look at it is as you say 75% of us are on em ...I doubt that many of us would be on em if they didn't feel better to us ... at least I wouldn't be .:beerchug:

Did ya ride one and not like it ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back