2012 minimoto & Minimotard Championships

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well put Pink!! I'm assuming by your nickname I know who you are and thanks for the offer, I will be back next year with a number 3 plate to defend or better!! I'm lucky I have family all the way up the east coast who are all happy to see me and put me up!! Although for Gladstone it wont be a full 2 week trip more like 5-7 days, so the hire vehicle will be much cheaper and again I have family up there, Chris from CQMM also said that accommodation in Gladstone is hard to come by due to booming mining companies taking all that is available. Funnily enough he was worried about offering the "camp at the track" option. I can't speak for everyone but I love hanging a the track around a camp fire with a few brews and meeting like minded people/the competition. It was funny at Warrnambool on the Friday night drinking with Billy knowing he was the competition and saying "I'll go to bed when Billy does!!" I think we were both pretty shady in that first session on Saturday morning........ LOL.

congratulations to all riders at warn and pi
special thanks to ringo and barnes behind the scenes
the rain looked heavy at pi ;] the great equalizer if on wets ;]
only a 5 months till the aussie champs at gladstone in april
so get your tard happening the track is great .

You better have some sort of 2 banger going by then Ron if you want any chance of taking the trophy back to your state. Hopefully the straights are long at gladstone hehe.

will see how i go at gladstone will be happy to be competing again .
you still racing ?

yeah i should be getting back into it soon. ill have to see how the logistics work for Gladstone. i think some of the old gladstone fast boys are in for a stir with the VIC talent we are sitting on.

Don't count out home track advantage Greeney!!! That's one of the hurdles I faced at the bool, I've only done a a few handful of laps there and the two boys in front had probably done a few hundred!! My lap times in race 5 would've been majorly different to race 1, well at least they felt heaps faster. I was learning tricks to the track right into the last race.

yeah i should be getting back into it soon. ill have to see how the logistics work for Gladstone. i think some of the old gladstone fast boys are in for a stir with the VIC talent we are sitting on.
everyone from gladstone are slow?

You better have some sort of 2 banger going by then Ron if you want any chance of taking the trophy back to your state. Hopefully the straights are long at gladstone hehe.
you dont need a 2t to win i reacon ryan would smoke everyone on his 150

+1 for the camp beers !
Local boys will definatly have some advantage
hope ryan can make it this time
2t not needed as bill and barnes showed
but wait tii the 2t are sorted
and have a cr 80 atm
im hoping to be at full pace by then

**** i hope not otherwise we are all a place back haha

Yeah but I was talking to Billy and he isn't going, he has a euro holiday booked at the same time so we all go down 1 up 1 with billy and tristan!!!! HAHAHAHAHA. I think Tristan is 15 until next December, we might be ok!!! LOLOLOLOL.

I think most of you are forgetting that the fastest people OFFICIALLY! around Warrnambool and Phillip Island is Davo and Billy. It is always easy to lead a race and reel off quick times with no competition than it is to be racing and still reel off 39s. It is also much harder to pass someone when they can match your times and qualify in front of you. Tristan would have been 3rd on the grid in the seniors with his qualifying times so he would have 2 people to pass under race conditions and if Ryan was in it also he would have 3 riders in front of him to pass. Then you would see if it is as easy to be fast.
my 5c worth.

PS. Sorry Ron missed you it would be 4 in front him.

I think most of you are forgetting that the fastest people OFFICIALLY! around Warrnambool and Phillip Island is Davo and Billy. It is always easy to lead a race and reel off quick times with no competition than it is to be racing and still reel off 39s. It is also much harder to pass someone when they can match your times and qualify in front of you. Tristan would have been 3rd on the grid in the seniors with his qualifying times so he would have 2 people to pass under race conditions and if Ryan was in it also he would have 3 riders in front of him to pass. Then you would see if it is as easy to be fast.
my 5c worth.

PS. Sorry Ron missed you it would be 4 in front him.

I agree, would also be interesting to see how he handles another rider next to him, not 20sec back

Geez you must be pretty bloody good to be throwing out comments like that

He is the Australian Champ 2 years running. with noooooo competition. Billy's superior race craft and experience would get the job done if you ask me. also ask dave as he in my books is as quick lap time wise as billy but when it come to racing billy makes dave make mistakes and out crafts him.

i dont want to be the one beside him as he does crash a bit while leading as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back