2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i just ordered some fat bar adapters.

regarding the OKO, does anyone have any idea as to what jetting it'll need for my engine ?

this is what i found interesting....

Marlboro Man: I ordered the 26mm to go on the blitz, mostly due to the fact they are easier to tune, and the new 26's have one less air-port... one less thing to worry about. The air port, is some vent next to the choke button. I'm not entirely certain what it does, but it may be some sort of "re-breather" for diverting crankcase gases back to the carby.. i simply blocked mine off on the 140.
The other reason is, when i got the 28mm for the 140, i didnt have a great deal of experience with carbies on minibikes, and thought bigger would be better. In my case it was, due to the amount of mods on my 140, but it took a long time to get the performance right.
So far the 26mm seems great on the Blitz, and has got rid of the top end "dead-zone" on the GEN 3 loncin 250 motor.
as far as jetting goes, i'm running a K40 pilot, Needle jet on the middle clip, and a #97 main jet... TAKE NOTE KIDDIES TUNING THEIR OKOS... A 250cc MOTOR TUNED WELL WITH A #97 MAIN JET.... I used the standard air filter that came with the carby, as space is at a MASSIVE premium until i can find a suitably sized pipe to refit the original airbox.

Bar risers/ adapters arrived yesterday, I now have to cut some 22mm risers down, and thread the bolts down further and then they will be ready to fit up.

I also found out whilst pulling the air box off that I need to get a nut welded back onto the frame, as I was un-doing it, the tack snapped. So I should be able to get that done Friday. Hopefully the manifold I ordered arrives tomorrow, so I can finally bolt the OKO up.

Yeah, it certainly does. I know the OKO is not going to run well, if at all with the current jets it has in it, Im not looking foward to tuning, lol.

Blender,
In the blitz forum page 36, retrac posted
28mm oko
here again.fitted 28mm oko last week end.stripped carb before fitting cleaned all burs of, quit a few of them to.fitted genuinne keihin jets, 45 pilot.125 main, perfect,clean all the way through,using standard airbox with hole cut out from top,standard modified intake hose.exhaust modified,and casoli cdi,revs its nuts off.

Could be a starting point.

i have a 130 main here out of my pe, do you want that? also have a 45 pilot that my67xr sent down to me but it is to big for my 190, the bike wont start with the choke on dead cold but starts with out the choke 2nd kick. i also couldnt get a decent tune on the a/f screw with the 45 pilot so she is no good to me. if you want em they are yours blender

The current jets in it are 36 pilot, and 100 main. I appreciate the offer Stu, I'll get back to you when I bolt it up, which co-indecently wont be happening this afternoon, as the bloody inlet manifold did not arrive! So I'll see how it runs stock, and go from there.

Will keep ya's posted :)

I just gave the cut down bar risers a coat of black, I did try to cut the thread down a bit more today, but it turns out china are now hardening their bolts, so it didnt really work. I went to bolts shop and grabbed some 12.9 high tensile bolts, already the right length and thread length.

I'll post pics when its all finished.

Yea, i saw those. I wasnt sure whether they were genuine or not, although it looks exactly the same as the one i have here, and more than half the price i paid. Let me know how it goes, im interested to see if they are infact genuine.

The current jets in it are 36 pilot, and 100 main. I appreciate the offer Stu, I'll get back to you when I bolt it up, which co-indecently wont be happening this afternoon, as the bloody inlet manifold did not arrive! So I'll see how it runs stock, and go from there.

Will keep ya's posted :)

all good mate offers there if you need em :)

Ok, just finished putting the bars and risers on, and I love the look its given the bike.

Cant get pics at this stage, camera batteries are flat, and my phone battery has just declined to work.

I just gave the cut down bar risers a coat of black, I did try to cut the thread down a bit more today, but it turns out china are now hardening their bolts, so it didnt really work. I went to bolts shop and grabbed some 12.9 high tensile bolts, already the right length and thread length.

I'll post pics when its all finished.

What where you trying to cut it with?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

I used a cold cut saw at school in metalwork, I was going to do it with a hacksaw, but i wanted a nice even, clean cut.

Manifold did not arrive today. If it's not here by Friday, I'll be pretty annoyed..

I used a cold cut saw at school in metalwork, I was going to do it with a hacksaw, but i wanted a nice even, clean cut.

Manifold did not arrive today. If it's not here by Friday, I'll be pretty annoyed..

angle grinder mate, unless its in a super trickey spot! Cold cut saws are ok for doing straight up metal work...just get a 3mm metal cut off disk! I had to use an old drill and drill bit to heat up 1 of the foot peg bolts on the foxico as it was welded together with sand and salt :thumbdown: after drenching them with inox for a few days, the drill worked quite well to heat it up and give it a little play so I could liberate the motor!!

either that or you can get those new cutting tools from kmart for like $30 I grabbed one when they were on special for $22, it got half way through a 10mm hardened bolt in about a minute, then the blade died. The machine itself has a ton of power but the blades it came with are useless....

or get a recipro saw, mine hasn't been used on a bike yet but it will at some point....I've used it to cut thick steel galv poles when removing a fence one time, worked a treat, same again though blades are the expensive part of the deal, I think for good blades you're looking at a pack of 3 for $40 :/ I can claim all this stuff on tax so....hurry up and finish school already geez!!!

Latest posts

Back