2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, im actually glad they dont. cos within an hour i'd owe thousands! so many things i need atm, so little money! trying to get another job, fencing out with some farmers, they need to re-do the boundary fence. thats about 4k's long. new posts, wire and 1 electric wire on each side. i'll work as long as i can each day, try and earn as much as possible!! thats if i get it, they seem to think i wont be hardworking enough. i think within an hour they'll be surprised though...

with that sort of work, its important to make a good impression, but at the same time dont gas yourself in the first 5 hrs. if they work anything like we did when fencing its long hours. good money though, and theres always work in rural fencing :)

HAhahahha yeah the bank just gave me a $2000 overdraw for $40 in fees a year....hoping I'll overdraw tons. Adelaide had a **** load of rain in Feb and march....peoples gardens have gone nuts, so its a good time of year for me, I cant actually spend more than I make....as well as the fact I have a wedding and a baby coming...got to sort this stuff before then :thumbup:

congrats stu! hope all goes well!

as for the fencing, i've done it a million times already, just we have new farmers at our property, and they dont trust me as of yet. they're old school, which doesnt bother me, i started working as soon as i could, i wanted to earn money!! lol.
hey my67xr, how do i go about advancing this timing ? im wondering though, am i going to burn a hole in my piston ?!

do you have a timing light?
if so, start it up, and see what timing it is running now.

then take the stator off, slot the stator mounting holes 2mm so it advances the timing a couple more degrees.
refit it with the stator turned towards the way you filed the slots
then try it out, if it pings under load then stop, turn the bike off, loosen the stator bolts and move it back to where it was originally, then lock it up again

just looking at the ZS 250 stator, it bolts to the inside of the ignition cover
so if you take the cover off the engine it should be easy to undo those 3 bolts and remove the stator

mKoFMA-JY_hwlOsA6O7Bx7g.jpg

so those 3x holes need to be filed 2mm longer on one side to advance the timing
if you mark a circle level with the insides of the bolts holes, then file/slot them and follow the line, so the slots will be slightly curved
hope you understand what i mean ?

so before you start, take the chrome plug off the top of the stator cover, and hook up your timing light to the battery and coil lead
start up the bike, and shine the timing light into the hole, you should see the flywheel marking lined up at 12o'clock
now raise the idle speed up to about 2000rpm, the marking will move to the left a little as it advances
so when you file the holes out on the stator you will be moving that timing mark to the left a touch more than where it sat at idle before

2mm is only going to advance it 5 degrees maximum, the engine wont mind that.
i run my Cleveland almost 12 degrees more advanced than standard, just set my distributor to limit my timing mechanically.

Last edited:
yeah, got a timing light! might give it a go tomorrow if i get the chance, was a bit concerned though!

i'll let you know how it goes :)

congrats stu! hope all goes well!

as for the fencing, i've done it a million times already, just we have new farmers at our property, and they dont trust me as of yet. they're old school, which doesnt bother me, i started working as soon as i could, i wanted to earn money!! lol.
hey my67xr, how do i go about advancing this timing ? im wondering though, am i going to burn a hole in my piston ?!

just dont say yolo at the old fellas...and you'll be alright!

ok, well much to my surprise, the Fury's rear shock is not 370mm long, it is in fact around 440-450mm long! which is great, as most Jap bikes run that length. a YZ wont work as the linkage attachment it different, but the linkage attachment on a KX250F is the same as the fur's. now i have to find out if it is the right overrall length...

anyone know how long a kx250f rear shock is?

ok well, going by this image

a shock from a 2005 kx250f will work. the shock is 80mm longer than the fury's, but once i set the sag and rider sag, it should be ok i think. if not, i'll lengthen the linkage arms..

also, forgot to mention that i adjusted the mixture screw, made it a tad leaner, and the difference was phenomenal. alot better down low, idling perfectly and no backfiring upon de-celeration. very happy with it :)

the atomik fury's rear shock is advertised as 370mm, but is actually 440mm.
Not sure about the clearance on the furs linkage but could drill another hole on the bottom of the shock to lower it a little and buy a shorter springs or run the one from the stock shock, its not as critical as a nice shock absorber

ok well, going by this image

a shock from a 2005 kx250f will work. the shock is 80mm longer than the fury's, but once i set the sag and rider sag, it should be ok i think. if not, i'll lengthen the linkage arms..

Did you check fox shocks out? They make some after market stuff, was perusing some sites last night. I think they make that exact shock :thumbup: but yeah you'll probably need a couple of new jobs for that!!!

Did you score the fencing job? Try get into powerline stuff mate...lots of work out in the country and its something thats good for the young blokes who pay attention to what they're doing! You get good money cause if you slip up, once may be all it takes!! Even just an EWP and or SKID STEER licence and you should be good :thumbup:

Honestly start looking at running your own business mate you'll never get rich working for someone else! Pay attention to the boss' roles in any job, and the other workers, but especially the customers if you're contracting or subcontracting! I worked through woolies all my younger years..The last thing I can say is if you work hard get paid bugger all and you're not appreciated leave ASAP!

The best thing I can say is if you've left school or when you leave school, try and get on the NEIS program. Gov run program to get you running your own business :thumbup: they pay you $350 a week for a year on top of your customers. Then after a year you're on your own and should be making decent money :thumbup:

a fox shock would be a bit out of my price range, as you said. the kxf shock would do me just fine.

didnt end up getting the fencing job, they werent too keen on doing it themselves it seems, and hired a fencing contractor...

i'll order the carb next monday, finally have the cash...

i ordered my OKO 30mm on friday, it should be here wednesday, as should my bars. now the fun part! Tuning!

no, i didnt bother getting jets, as i had no idea what i would need, the jets in it atm are a 36 pilot, and 102? i think main.

the oko comes with 36/100 jets, so im not sure how it'll go ?

my oko and bars turned up today, but it turn out my bike runs 22mm bars, instead of the advertised 28. so now i have to go out and buy some fat bar adapters....

i'll have the OKO bolted up by this friday i hope, and then i'll go from there to see what jets it needs

pics:

sorry bout the terrible quality, only had my phone...

Latest posts

Back