2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, an angle grinder wasn't really ideal, the risers are only alloy. Besides, the cold cut saw cut them pretty clean, so I'm happy.

I'll be out of school soon, but then going straight to University to study Criminal Law.

I'll be out of school soon, but then going straight to University to study Criminal Law.

Well I guess thats a growing industry now..... :thumbup: where ya going ANU? ANU is freaking rad, you could ride unreg'd motos in there no worries!!!

Ah ok I though the cold cut saw didnt cut them?? Busy with work didnt read up high enough...my bad!

ANU is a bit out of the way for me, I'll be going to SCU, its in only about 20Km away from where I live.

Manifold didn't arrive today. I sent a message their way, abit dossapointed really, I was hoping to ride this weekend, but I guess not.

Went to bolt up the inlet manifold, and it all fit but there was no space for the airfilter. So I messages the seller, and he is willing to exchange my manifold for a different styled one I was looking at. If that one does not work, I will look into drilling and tapping the head itself, as it has the cast already there, its pretty much already marked up for me. So over this though !

fun, fun, fun !

Yeah, exactly what I've been thinkin! Atleast I didnt have to pay for another manifold...

Im kind of hoping I dont have to drill and tap the head, as it'll mean tearing down the engine, and you never know what could go wrong with the drilling...

The performance pickup had better be noticeable, or else all of this time and money would have been for nothing! lol..

Im anxiously awaiting the 30mm OKO but while I am I was looking for manifolds that will fit. I see the one in the DHZ OKO 30 kit but am concerned its 26mm when the inlet is 27.5 on the head. Its little numbers but eventually I may work the intake on the head so am not too keen on this.

There seems to be an absence of any other manifold that will do what I need, so its time to get building. I was looking at vacuum forming carbon fibre pre preg over a mould but thats a lot of time and cost, maybe later on I will consider this. So I went looking for approx 35mm (the outside diameter of the Carb) pipe, came across pre mandrel bent exhausr pipe but the arcs are too big. Eventually wandering through bunnings I found 25mm water pipe joiners in the plumbing section. A bit heavy but I can grind it a bit. So far looks like this.
Manifold-side.jpg
Manifold-top.jpg

I will make a base plate from 3mm mld steel templated from the current manifold. Will do some internal filling of the head end of the bend to port match it to the head.

Will take more pics when done. If you cant find exactly what you need Jack, I can help with some welding and grinding if you dont mind an industrial strength manifold !

Nice one man! I've just bought a welder online, I was just thinking, if this new manifold does not work, i'll just make my own. "If you want something done, you have to do it yourself" kind of rings true here, ha ha..

I can give you my measurements for my manifold, they are: 30mm I/D, 47mm for carb bolts, and around 63-65mm for the head bolt holes. If it helps you out..

Nice one man! I've just bought a welder online, I was just thinking, if this new manifold does not work, i'll just make my own. "If you want something done, you have to do it yourself" kind of rings true here, ha ha..

I can give you my measurements for my manifold, they are: 30mm I/D, 47mm for carb bolts, and around 63-65mm for the head bolt holes. If it helps you out..

Cool keep us updated on the welder!! What did you get?? I've been thinking about it!! Sorry for disliking and liking heaps of your posts, I found out it takes reps away....so been covering my tracks on that one!! Sorry again mate No disrespect intended! Im just an idiot!!

Cool keep us updated on the welder!! What did you get?? I've been thinking about it!! Sorry for disliking and liking heaps of your posts, I found out it takes reps away....so been covering my tracks on that one!! Sorry again mate No disrespect intended! Im just an idiot!!

Yeah, I was thinking of getting a thread up on it, I reckon there'd be a few people interested in how the quality is. Its gasless though, which I have never been a fan of, but for the price I can't argue !

Lol, rep is just rep. Don't worry about it!

Yeah, I was thinking of getting a thread up on it, I reckon there'd be a few people interested in how the quality is. Its gasless though, which I have never been a fan of, but for the price I can't argue !

Lol, rep is just rep. Don't worry about it!

Yeah do it!! I'm super keen although I know I can just drop in on Craig....his work list is backing up running around after pit bikes, I need to start an online shop or something so I dont have to mess around so much of the day trying to make money. Then I can actually help him instead of going down with requests all the time!

I fixed ya reps up :grinning-smiley-003

Last edited:
I'll have to wait until the wire turns up first, then I'll start a thread on it :) It should be able to cope with what we're going to be using it for, although I would love one on the BOC's we have at school!!

Being new to welding any info is good info. I took the cheapo option and got a 140amp arc at Repco before christmas for $35. Took a while to find the right amp settings for different rods but I persevered and manage to get the job done. Would be nice to be able to tig al though....in time my shed will acquire one.
Jack where did you get the manifold from, it sounds a lot like what I am making. Cheers Stoozo for the likes.
Greig

Being new to welding any info is good info. I took the cheapo option and got a 140amp arc at Repco before christmas for $35. Took a while to find the right amp settings for different rods but I persevered and manage to get the job done. Would be nice to be able to tig al though....in time my shed will acquire one.
Jack where did you get the manifold from, it sounds a lot like what I am making. Cheers Stoozo for the likes.
Greig

I have been welding for about 3 years now, Im nothing special at it, but I can usually get the job done ok-ish.

The manifold measurements I gave you are from a stock manifold. I have bought this one, which is the same measurements, just a shorter style, and also without the angle : 30mm PZ30 Carby Intake Manifold Pipe Straight 150 250 CC 300 Bike Dirt ATV Quad | eBay'
This one is essentially the same thing from what I can tell, just with the angle, but could be touch longer.
30mm PZ30 Carby Intake Manifold Pipe 150cc 250cc 300cc Bike Dirt ATV Quad Buggy | eBay
^^Those ones are also vulcanised rubber, I thought they would have been alloy.

I might be able to give you my original manifold if you cannot find one to suit your needs, I'll just have to see how all this other stuff goes..

The first one is too straight, will run me into the shock, the second is essentially the same as my stock manifold only mine is alloy. I can give you that if you prefer it over rubber.
I looked at this one which was close, but it opened the carby end up again toward the shock....might be ok but I'm determined now to finish the one I'm building.
Intake Pipe FOR Loncin CB250CC Water Cooled ATV Dirt Bike GO Kart | eBay

Yea, I would try making yours. The manifold you linked is the same as my stock one, it didnt allow me to even mount the carb, it would hit the rear shock before it would line up with the bolt holes. But it may work on your bike, im not too sure.

Hey guys, my other styled manifold arrived today. It actually fits, but the carb is a too much of an agle for it to function properly. If I try turning it on the manifold, the top of the carb hits the side of the frame. So I thought stuff it, for now I'm just going to put on the stock carb and manifold, until I get the time to make a custom manifold, or drill and tap the head. So for now the bikes back together, and I took it for a quick ride, and it still brought a smile to my face, so I'm happy. For anyone buying this bike, I highly recommend against getting an OKO carb, unless you have access to a welder, or are willing to drill and tap the head, as it has the cast pretty much already marked out for you... My phone is finally working again, so I'll take some photos tomorrow afternoon :)

maybe you went to big with the carb you orded.. i reckon a 26mm oko would of bolted right up and still been better than whats on it. maybe even the 28mm, thats the same dimensions as the 26 i think... maybe you should see if anyone is willing to swap the 30mm for a 26?

Latest posts

Back