2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, you got it
you could always make a new gasket from some 1mm gasket paper and run it there as well as that o'ring on the new manifold

it all depends on how much the o'ring protrudes and compresses,
if the o'ring sticks out a long way past the alloy part of the manifold, by the time you do up the mounting bolts, it can pull the ends of the manifold in and the o'ring wont seal 100%
so dont overtighten them when you fit it

i tried that on the oko ones, and could never get the bolts tight enough to stay in with out overtightening and warping the face. thats why i turf them now, all though the two expensive adapters i have dont run a o ring, just a 1mm high if that ring, like the o ring, but moulded into the body of the adapter if you get what i mean....

Oh, I get you now! I like that idea, means I dont have to worry about any air leaks, which is one thing I don't want while tuning..

should be ordering the manifold around wednesday if I can, 40 odd bucks is alot for a piece of rubber....

what are the hole spacings on the head? the one i pictured is from my daytona manifold, and no good to me. i also wouldnt want forty bucks for it and its brand new....

the rear i/d of mine is 29mm with around 32mm i/d where the carb slides in. bolt holes are around 58/59 mm center to center so i dont think it would work...

Damn! Thanks for posting it up anyway, I might not get the manifold I'm looking at and just drill and tap the head, the only thing that's stopped me from doing that is the fact that I have to pull the whole engine out. Lazy, I know...lol

Yeah, you've persuaded me. tomorrow afternoon the engine will be out. Damn you if anything goes wrong, haha. Don't worry about it man! I appreciate you trying, I just hope this drilling/tapping goes smoothly...

Lol, I've tapped 1000's of threads, its just I don't want drill too deep, I'm not sure how think it actually is (Although, I would assume its the same as the other bolt holes?) And also I want to drill as square as possible, I don't have a drill press or pedestal drill here, only my trusty Ryobi...

It'll be good if I can get away with doing this, as it means I can put that 40 towards some handguards I've been wanting for a while!

i would go 2mm less than the other holes, then you should be fine no matter what lol. no drill press brings a few variables in, but im sure you will keep that drill straight ;)

Yeah, I'll have to see how I go, the old man thinks I should go for the manifold instead, Iether way im not paying 40 bucks for a piece of rubber...

I wish I could, but just don't have all that cash at the momento...

So I decided against tapping the head, as I just simply will not have the time, exams suck !! So I'll order that manifold Wednesday and hope to christ it works, and if not, hope to god that the seller will accept a return and refund the money..

Latest posts

Back