2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also checked the plug colour this afternoon, it was a light tan, a little on the lean side. Richened the mixture screw slightly and it ran better after that, but it definitely needs that bigger pilot jet. With any luck I'll have the #38 pilot tomorrow, and be able to put it on, and tune the carb to suit it in time for the weekend, so I can slay some OP Jap bikes, lol

yeah boy!!! i have a bloke bringing his jap 250f (wont tell me what) to slay my braaap supposedly on saturday. Going to be fun considering he reckons he is tapped at 90 on this thing...

Lol, you show him whos boss! I'll be up against a KX125 2T, I've ridden with him before, he is damn quick, I'll have to work hard to keep up with him ;)

K, so I went riding on the weekend, bike performed flawlessly, I couldn't have been happier with how it went, no problems at all! We wen't out bush for about 6 hours straight, they had a smooth gravel road running straight through their property, that strected on and on. anyway, I ended up getting about 140 KM/HR out of it, according to my mate behind me on the WR250F ;) I ended up passing a KX125, KX250F, WR250F and an RMZ250. Couldnt catch up to the WR450's though! It went well through the trails, once again I have videos, I'll have to give them to a friend to upload, my internet cant do anything. Didnt get any pics this time, I forgot my camera.

However, this afternoon when putting the bike on a crate to wash it, I noticed some play in the rear shock/swingarm. After pulling down the linkage setup, I found it needs some new bearings in places, so I'll have to get onto that. Not sure where anywhere would sell them? The linkage system is actually pretty decent, running full needle bearing throughout. Should feel alot better once I get these new bearing, I'm glad I found out about this now, before it did any damage to the housing. All in all though, I am extremely happy and proud of it !!! :) :D

so you sorted the jetting out in the carb then? good to hear she went well and you got to pass a couple of jap's,they would of been surprised to see you cruise past i reckon!

K, so I went riding on the weekend, bike performed flawlessly, I couldn't have been happier with how it went, no problems at all! We wen't out bush for about 6 hours straight, they had a smooth gravel road running straight through their property, that strected on and on. anyway, I ended up getting about 140 KM/HR out of it, according to my mate behind me on the WR250F ;) I ended up passing a KX125, KX250F, WR250F and an RMZ250. Couldnt catch up to the WR450's though! It went well through the trails, once again I have videos, I'll have to give them to a friend to upload, my internet cant do anything. Didnt get any pics this time, I forgot my camera.

However, this afternoon when putting the bike on a crate to wash it, I noticed some play in the rear shock/swingarm. After pulling down the linkage setup, I found it needs some new bearings in places, so I'll have to get onto that. Not sure where anywhere would sell them? The linkage system is actually pretty decent, running full needle bearing throughout. Should feel alot better once I get these new bearing, I'm glad I found out about this now, before it did any damage to the housing. All in all though, I am extremely happy and proud of it !!! :) :D

bearing shops will have them!! cheap as mustard...so relitavley medium priced...probably just junk china bearings...if you replace them all at hte same time id doubt you'll have the same problem again!

coolmodee01 might be able to find some part numbers for you if you give him the dimensions

Yea, I'm going to measure them up some time today and see if I can find anything online, if not I'll go into town and see if any bike shops can help me out. Carb is still needing a bigger pilot, but is running really well apart from that. The difference up top is epic, especially in 5th gear ;)

I'm going to look into getting a nitrous 250 rear shock, they are adjustable, and use the same linkage. Anything is better than whats on it now!

Interesting little story Blender. When the 22mm bottom brackets came out for BMX's the bearing were JUNK all of them and about $50 a set from the bike shop, after the 3rd set I went through I decided to take the old one into the bearing shop and get them to replace it. Never had a problem again after that, and they were $7 each instead of $25 each for actual hardened bearings, not standard junk bearings that the bike shops were selling ;)

Also similar thing with your forks, take the springs into a spring place or send them the dimensions and get a harder set, I seriously remember it being one of the cheaper things to get done on the DH bikes way back in the day, I cant imagine that making springs has gotten that much more expensive either except for the price of the metal they use I guess!!

ive just signed up after reading this thread. ive recently bought my first bike an atomik fury and am glad im not the only one with one lol. i went for my first ever bush riding on the weekend bike went pretty well apart from the rear shock might as well not even be there, even with the preload backed right off. the fronts seemed to work ok for me, im a light rider (66kg)
i was however getting a bit of hessitation/nothing happening when i was in 2nd at low rpms i would crack it to full throttle and it would do nothing then it would pick up, what could this be? it it worth tuning this stock carby or going the aftermarket one like you have?

ive just signed up after reading this thread. ive recently bought my first bike an atomik fury and am glad im not the only one with one lol. i went for my first ever bush riding on the weekend bike went pretty well apart from the rear shock might as well not even be there, even with the preload backed right off. the fronts seemed to work ok for me, im a light rider (66kg)
i was however getting a bit of hessitation/nothing happening when i was in 2nd at low rpms i would crack it to full throttle and it would do nothing then it would pick up, what could this be? it it worth tuning this stock carby or going the aftermarket one like you have?

Welcome dude! Glad that I'm helping someone out ! :) I hear what your saying about the rear shock, they are way to stiff, the adjustment just does nothing at all. That hesitation you mention sounds like you could have to small of a pilot jet. But I would assume it came with the same jets as mine, a 100 main, and 36 pilot, iirc? Raise the idle a tad, then try richening the mixture screw underneath your fuel bowl, by screwing it in half a turn to a full turn once the bike is idling at its highest/smoothest point, lower the idle. The mixture screw is bit hard to get to, but with a small enough screwdriver its easier than other bikes. If your after more power though, I would suggest getting an OKO like I did, mine ran fairly well straight out of the box, just tweak the mixture screw and get a 38 pilot and you *should* be fine. If you decide to go with the OKO, there is a special manifold you have to buy in order for it to fit. I went through hell as you probably read getting my OKO to fit.

Keep us posted :)

thanks for that. yeah ill defently have to try tune this out so screwing it in with richen it up? i would have thought the other way myself but hey. how much was the oko carby? more power never hurt anyone!

when you turn the mixture screw in, it restricts the amount of air that can mix/atomise with the petrol.
this creates a richer mixture

My OKO carb was $110 from DHZ, it came with an air filter, rubber adapter and a throttle cable.

I took the swing arm off this morning, and to my delight the bearing were all good, with no play in them at all. The swing arm also runs needle roller bearings, it seems that they have put a bit of effort into the rear linkages/ swing arm design. I'll start looking for some bearings when I measure them, etc..

Latest posts

Back