2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll need a longer cable mate. That's about the only thing you can do unfortunately.

About the Yz250f header. I have a 2011 brand new pipe system sitting in my shed if you want it. I also have a fmf 4.1 titanium mid pipe and other little bits and pieces.

You'll need a longer cable mate. That's about the only thing you can do unfortunately.

About the Yz250f header. I have a 2011 brand new pipe system sitting in my shed if you want it. I also have a fmf 4.1 titanium mid pipe and other little bits and pieces.

how much would you wsant for that header ?

You could try cutting back the throttle cable outer too.
I have done a few for different bikes.
You just need to be careful that you don't damage the inner cable.
I usually grind the outer down with an angle grinder so it is thin, then wiggle the outer till it snaps you can then open up the spirals and wind the cable outer off the inner.
Give it a light file to get rid of any sharp edges too, and lube the cable.

The other way to do it is like i did with my PW50 throttle cable.
If you heat up the end if the cable with a 60w or 80w soldering iron,
You can slide the cable end off the cable
Now slide the cable back through the inner so when you trim the outer, you wont cut the inner.
Trim back the outer, remove any burrs etc, and slide the inner back through.
Slip the cable end back over the cable and solder it back on.
Finish it off by filing any excess solder off the cable end and you are done.

I also put up a link to one of xLOCOx 's threads, there is a cable end repair kit you can buy too off ebay.

The new cables are cheap though through ebay, just make sure you buy one with the correct length inner protruding out the end.

Wouldn't have a clue mate. give me an offer mate.
1620202_669832423059084_1822295694_n_zps80abadf5.jpg

You could try cutting back the throttle cable outer too.
I have done a few for different bikes.
You just need to be careful that you don't damage the inner cable.
I usually grind the outer down with an angle grinder so it is thin, then wiggle the outer till it snaps you can then open up the spirals and wind the cable outer off the inner.
Give it a light file to get rid of any sharp edges too, and lube the cable.
i was thinking of doing this, i was thinking it would work, i might give it a crack this arfternoon, im not too fussed on cutting and soldering the cable, i've had a few snap, but that being said, my 125's accelerator cable was soldered 4 years ago, and its fine.

well, i just ordered a longer accelerator cable (in an amazing green colour!) and a new clutch cable. been so busy lately, bikes have been on the back burner unfortunately.

cant wait to go riding again

but, as always there was a problem with the clutch cable. overall length is fine, just the amount of cable travel. because it didnt have enough travel, the clutch was stuck engaged. i was pretty annoyed about it, means i cant ride this weekend...

i have messaged the seller to see if he has one with more cable travel, hopefully he gets back to me soon

well i was able to modify the clutch cable to get it to work this afternoon, so i went for a quick ride. about mid way through the ride i started getting bog all through the rev range.

i went home, and pulled the carb down and blew it all out, most of the bog has gone but there is still a little up top, which is annoying. i'll toy around with the carb some more tomorrow, i think the stock airbox is causing it. cant wait to get an oko, and just stick with the pod type filter. alot easier to clean and is no where near as restrictive as an airbox

i cleaned the fuel filter aswell, they are fairly decent quality, you can pull them apart to clean them and use them over and over instead of buying a new fuel filter every time.

well i went to a mates property this weekend, and he had a decent track setup, some large jumps and berms. now i am happy to say that the fury faired extremely well, there were 4 of us riding (including me). i had a mate on his kx125, crf250, and a wr250f. i was able to keep up with the wr and the crf, i was overtaking the wr in a few spots too!

the fury handled the jumps very well, considering that they were pretty much all flat landings. i was hitting them pretty damn fast later on in the day when i started getting used to jumping some more. the only thing that could have been better was the rear shock, which was soft sometimes, and hard the next. was pretty scary when landing. the forks i think i bottomed out once, but that was because i landed on the back wheel a little to much, and slammed the front down pretty hard. this was my first time jumping people, in the end i thought i did ok :)

i also scored a flat tyre when we were about 10k's into the bush, unfortunately i had to ride it back, much to my annoyance, but there were some pretty serious hills in the way, so i had no choice. the fury has rimlocks in the front and rear rims, but with my experience, most chinese bikes that come with rimlocks, come with them dis-engaged, meaning you have to pull the tube under the rimlock, which is incredibly annoying. luckily, the furie's rims rimlocks were negaged, and i did not tear the valve stem. i put some puncture goo in and presto, she sealed up fine!

i have some videos, but my internet will not allow me to upload them at this stage, so they'll have to wait (plus they need editing, etc) nore do i have any picutres of me hitting the jumps on the fury. but heres some i took this afternoon

mmmm, atomik.......

swingin some brands, lol

the puncture stuff i used. i cant reccomend this enough, certainly has saved me from spending the money to get new tubes fitted befor :)

so the frame feels like its holding up to the jumping then mate? i have always been curious about the atomik 250's. got to say im surprised and impressed that it holds up to the crf and wr. was it under braking or under power you were gettin the wr?

yeah, the frame seems to be holding up just fine, i give it a good check over every few hours too. the bloke on the WR wasnt the best rider, it was only his 3rd ride on it or something, but i had him on straights, for some reason. the crf on the other hand, i could get around on the first corner, and i would have to be hammering it the rest of the "race" to stay ahead of him. couldnt get my way around the 125 though..

tbh i didnt use the brakes on the track, but the wr's brakes were alot better than the fury's, but mine need bleeding again, so i cant make an accurate analysis at this stage. i was extremely impressed though, the bloke on the wr hates chinese bikes, he was furiously campaigning that i shouldnt be allowed to go, god was he pissed when i overtook him, lol. made me smile :)

haha thats brilliant :) always good to chuck one in the face of the hater :) now time to extract some more power from that 250. thats probably the only thing holding me back from one, i dont reckon id be satisfied with the poke lol

well, they have more than i was expecting, thats for sure. it surprises me still, after owning the bike so long.

but, as men, we are always on a quest for power it seems! every time i rake up the cash to grab an OKO, i gotta spend it on something else!! bloody annoying!

i also want to change ther gear for more acceleration type stuff, so i might chuck a 13 tooth sprocket on the front when i get the chance, see what difference that makes.

yeah mate, im never satisfied until its scary to open it right up. if im nearly ****tin myself when i get ona bike, then i no im gonna have fun :) what sort of carb is on them stock?

they've got a "30"mm Jingke carb, much like the chinese mikunis, it runs a mixture screw on the underside, right where you cant get at it. also has a plastic slide, which if u ask me, is just asking for trouble!

are you sure it is plastic ?
the Mikuni 30mm copys run a black anodized slide

i have seen the plastics slide before, but only in the 17mm JinKe

yep, 100% sure. had the carb apart again the other day, its pretty much the same black stuff the use for house plumbing, etc

Latest posts

Back