2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alloy rims can take a while to settle in.
and you can see when they are too tight too, the Anodising on the rim around the Nipples looks like there's really fine cracks.

Steel rims seem to settle fairly quickly and then they hardly need retensioning

guess it also depends on the quality of the rims/spokes too.

yeh, i would love some nice polished allow wheels, but the ones on there are working fine .

well, just looking at my mates yz on the weekend, the exhaust header pipes look to be the same bend, that got me thinkin, perhaps a yzf header pipe wil fit? i probably would not bother with the muffler, i mainly want the yzf header because its stailess, the furies muffler is stainless steel anyway. that way i would have a full stainless system!

i've just gotta do a bit of extra measuring, etc, i am wondering what carb adjustments i would have to make?
heres what caught my eye:Yamaha YZ250F 2004 Engine Exhaust Pipe | eBay

well i had a few mates over this weekend, all on china bikes, except for a friend on his kx125. we did some bush riding, then decided to cut the crap, and race :D

i was super surprised at how the fury faired against the kx! he had me on the straights, but i had him in the corners surprisingly! the furie's brakes had a much better feel to them, and my mate on the kx said he preffered my forks to his, he's still thinking about swappin, lol! overrall it was a great day, lots of fun to be riding with friends :)

once we finished racing, we swapped bikes, i rode the mighty kx, and to be honest, i was expecting a bit more! no doubt its quicker than the fury, just i was expecting a bit more, lol. keeping in mind it has a pro circuit pipe, vforce 3 stage carbon reeds and a few other goodies! but the kx's powerband is very nice, i must admit :p
i got a video, i cant upload on my interweb atm, will post it up asap .

well isnt the rule of thumb a two stroke of half the capacity of the four stroke should be a good match race wise? with the torque of the four stroke its no real surprise you had him out of the corners, takes a skilled pilot to really keep the two strokes moving imo. i am surprised however, that your forks and brakes felt better, thats a massive win for china lol. although in saying that, what is your mate like maintenance wise? it could be that the forks need fresh oil and the brakes need new fluid and pads.........

yeh, your right, he even has an oversized front disc too lol! im not too sure when he did his last service on brakes or the forks, he preffered mine because they were softer, but he has to get his dialed in tho ! but the one thing i loved about the kx was the grippy seat, i'll have to try and get mine covered, if anywhere can do it. but im not saying the forks on the kx were bad, they handle the jumps better, but on rough terrain, he preffered mine ;)

cheers mate, im still sussin the yz header out, got lots of stuff to do!

will order now ! :)

ok, so after riding my friends kx the one thing i loved was his bars. they were alot shorter than mine, so naturally, operation Shorten-Bars-On-The-Atomik-Fury was commenced!! tried it out for like 10 mins, felt so much better, so much more confidence in the corners, almost a little too confident ;)

will post pics in a moment

so you just cut some off the ends of the bars ?

raising the fork tubes up through the tripples will also help the cornering feel of the bike.
just go 10mm at a time though, see if it feels any better.

yeh just cut around 30mm of each end of the bars, i was getting alot of arm pump with the bars being so wide, i much prefer the feel of them now. also, these are the best quality bars i've seen on a china, as far as thickness goes anyway. they are solid, 4mm thick bars, constructed of mild steel! i was surprised when i took the grips off! guess china is learning ;)

the Atomik site says that the Fury, Fury XR, and the Comp 250 4v all have Alloy Fatbars, i wonder why your's has steel ?
just the Nitrous 250 is listed as having heavy duty steel bars, strange !

nah, they're steel! must be another mix up in the advertising department, if its something that small i dont mine

atleast the bike wasnt advertised to have a 250cc, but came with a 125cc, that would be akward! ;)

ok, well i got the 1/8 turn throttle, but now my problem is that the cables too short, and its revving to the moon, i adjusted the cable in as far as it would go (in the throttle) but its still revving wayy too high....

any suggestions, or do i have to get a longer cable ?

Latest posts

Back