Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

damann33

Alright after looking at the cheap piston here, I have decided to step it up since the engine is here and apart. This is all regarding a 140cc OGM (Lifan). I was looking at the akunar piston AKPRP010-A which is a high compression piston with a pintop to deck height of only 13mm compared to the stock of about 14.65mm, I could probably get the cylinder bored to 57mm from 55mm since its iron, but what do I do about the piston being almost 2mm down the cylinder? do I raise up the cylinder with bigger base gaskets? Let me know thanks :)

???If the piston is down the cylinder ,why you have to get a thicker base gasket??
You are already to high on that...you need a thinner!! ....or is it above the cylinder??

Last edited:
ohh ye im sorry, I was just wondering preety much if its okay running the engine when the piston sits lower down the cylinder due to the smaller pin top to deck height. I probably will leave the stock iron barrel and piston and work with the head, probably port it out, this is if everythings cool in terms of clearence.

Back