Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would have no idea dude, sorry, i would just add some incrementally and see how it feels after a ride. but 180ml in each leg should be fine.

Hey man no worries thanks for that! I might add an extra 30ml to each leg and see how it goes.

Thanks again mate

Cheers

iirc i changed my fork oil a while ago, they took over 200mls in each leg ?

that flat headed screw in the top of the forks would be the air bleed screw?
after an hour or so riding undo it, take it out and then refit it.
pressure builds up in your forks from bubbles of air in the oil, and this can force oil past the seals

iirc i changed my fork oil a while ago, they took over 200mls in each leg ?

that flat headed screw in the top of the forks would be the air bleed screw?
after an hour or so riding undo it, take it out and then refit it.
pressure builds up in your forks from bubbles of air in the oil, and this can force oil past the seals

Hey thanks for the reply,

What bike was the oil you changed in the forks ? And thanks for the advice also. I added an extra 30ml to each leg but haven't had a chance to go riding yet, so when I do I'll let you know how I go.

Also, I'll try the airscrew thing you mentioned also. Thanks again all the help/advice has been great as usual.

Cheers

I was running 235ml at one point (685mm DNM's) they didn't blow, but they were rather hard... I now run 180 in each leg and it seems to be the sweet spot :)

Hey,

Sorry it's been awhile I've been pretty busy. Just thought I'd pop back to update this thread.

I finally got to take my bike for a burn yesterday. The forks feel much more firmer now and are much better.

And As always thanks for all the help/support/advice :)

all good mate, glad you got it sorted!

and thanks for getting back to us too.

Latest posts

Back