Anyone bought a revmx 160 lately?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fuse has a yx engine... Rules that one out for me. Would much prefer the z160. Ive sent a few msgs to revmx, depending on the answer that should sort out what ill buy.

Having a larger fuel tank is important for me, since some of the trails iike to ride are freakin huge, dont want to have to lug around more jerry cans than i have to.

a perimeter style frame sort of follows around the outside of the engines perimeter
a standard style bike has the frame running straight down the middle above the engine centreline, like this-

2csgqol.jpg

the Atomik Comp L 160 runs a Ho engine, and has a linkage rear suspension set up. cost's $1840
Comp L 160cc - Competition Bikes - Dirt Bikes

Yeah i saw that one. Its a fair bit more expensive than the revmx tho...

From what ive read of it i cant justify the higher pricetag, unless im missing something?

the extra cash on the comp l comes down to swingarm arm and frame design, looks to have linkage and a very strong frame. why so against the yx engine may i ask? i was under the impression that they were a very comparable engine power/reliability wise to the 160, just a slightly different gear ratio...

I just checked the link, apparently its running the yx as well
yeah i prefer the zongshen 166/160
Because stock they come with a 6 plate clutch.. but softer valve springs (a bit annoying)
But probably better for maintenance of the valve clearances..

Who cares about a 6 plate clutch? The ol' 5 plate holds up to abuse pretty well.

Well, the main reason i prefer the zongshen is due to the fact that friends have owned both types. Constant issues on the yx, few on the z type deal. And alot of the info ive read doesnt favour the yx too highly in terms of reliability.

Am i wrong on this? Have the ironed the bugs out of the yx?

Last edited:
Well after doing some more research, im definitely leaning towards saving a bit more and buying the atomik comp l. Seems to have alot of quality parts on it, and the build quality definitely seems better than both the revmx and the outlaw i was looking at.

Looks like it should cope well with the rough terrain it'l be spending its life in

probably a good choice, when you do buy one, a review may be in order? havnt seen one for that model yet and its always good to no more about different bikes ;)

Hey mate, give the guys at BBM a call they're located in Townsville. They've got some top quality bikes there and their after sales service is second to none, unlike the DHZ which have none!!

Tell em your from Miniriders they'll hook you up with a good price!

Shop 9, 141 Ingham Road Mon - Fri : 7:30 - 5:30
West End QLD 4810 Saturday : 8:30 - 2pm
Townsville

Phone: 07 4771 3333
Fax: 07 4740 4033

Last edited:
Townsville is too far from me unfortunately, but cheers anyway.

And yeah, i was planning on doing a review, when i get it.

It will be a few weeks yet, need to save another 700.

Yeah i dont have the cash.

Im stretching my budget buying the atomik, the pitsterpro is just too far out of my price range.

And since im not racing it i really dont need the absolute best, something that is decently built and wont break in half on me will be fine

check ebay. I got my motovert type r for $700 used but done only around 10 hours and its a linkage bike like the LXR. sometime you get lucky.

Yeah ebays not too crash hot for me either. I live up the tip of queensland, 2 hours past cairns. Reguarly check ebay and gumtree, but everything either seems to be no name junk theyre asking too much for or dhz bikes theyre asking waaay too much for. Like 100 above the retail price on the website lol.

Well anyway, ive got to put the pit bike plans on hold for the time being since a mates selling his 91 sierra widetrack ute quite cheap. Ive been chasing one for ages. Since thats going to chew my budget im probably just going to buy a dhz dpro 160 at the end of the year.

Cheers for the help guys, i thought i knew a bit coming in but ive learned a fair bit off you all.

Latest posts

Back