As01 Forks!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....Bump....
I finally got the as-01 going, made up a bracket for the front brake still needs a small mod. But the forks where great when i took it for a ride today, Took it for a flat track ride to start with to run the new 140 kit in then rode it to the mx track. Done afew slow laps to get use to the track ( in really poor condition) then started to give it a bit on the jumps and could not be any happyer with the as-01 forks and bs66-rc shock. The forks crap all over the standard forks off the provert witch is not hard, but they went good for a 90kg rider and the forks are standard.:D

Great to hear mate ..... Yes the compression and rebound damping is excellent !!!!! Fast Ace Co told me that they make both hard chromed AND black Titanium Nitride coated sliders so your forks are genuine AS-01's .... the Ti Ni is harder and costs a bit more ..... they also have optional 165 mm wide triple clamps ..... :) My forks were delivered with the alloy steering shaft machined to suit the 22 & 23.5 I/D x 44 O/D bearings which were also supplied and fitted plus the 210 mm disc was counter bored for the bolts to clear ..... and the matching caliper was also supplied (complete front brake system) ... :)

So ykjohnson is genuine and makes sure things fit like he says he does ..... He's actually back on ebay now under his own name so I hope things work out well for him this time ...

Last edited:
Looking forward to the weekend to give them a good test with the front brake sorted out.

just to back that up, when i asked akunar how his prices were, he said they cop a 80% tax rate on imported goods.... so like double the price for shipping to supply them i guess :S

dont wana start a new thread coz theres so many of them but what would be better the DNM forks or AS-01's , DNM are about $60 more from the cheapest ive found but id pay that if they are better... any suggestions?
thanks Wogtaz..

What prices did you get quoted ? If the DNM's are only $60 extra I'd give them a try ..... I've just bought a DNM MT-RC rear shock to compare to my Fast Ace shocks .... so I'll soon know if they're any better or if it's all hogwash ...... :)

[/Cactus Jack What prices did you get quoted ? If the DNM's are only $60 extra I'd give them a try ..... I've just bought a DNM MT-RC rear shock to compare to my Fast Ace shocks .... so I'll soon know if they're any better or if it's all hogwash ...... QUOTE]

I've done about 3hrs riden on a new fastace bs66-rc and have slop in the bottom bush already. I was thinking of replacing the bush with brass or something along those lines.
Any suggestions

Hey Dirtrider how do the As-01's compare to the provert fork?
I just bought a set of provert forks and clamps. Soft as , but there really plush. Got some race tech springs comming from the states for them and some 15wt motul factory line oil for them once the spring come , I was wondering whether these mods would compare to the as-o1's.

unit_mx
Hey Dirtrider how do the As-01's compare to the provert fork?
I just bought a set of provert forks and clamps. Soft as , but there really plush. Got some race tech springs comming from the states for them and some 15wt motul factory line oil for them once the spring come , I was wondering whether these mods would compare to the as-o1's. [/QUOTE}

The as-01 forks are heaps better then my old standard provert forks, i had the 15wt oil in them and a thick washer under the top cap to compress the spring abit. But they seemed to want to bounce when landing jumps and bottom out alot with my weight on the bike. The as-01 forks seem to be real smooth when jumping or riding over rough ground.

for the DNM 645mm $300 US $100 postage :S is that abit pricey? without clamps either.... and i found a fella near me selling as01 for ummm about 340? cant rememba and postage to me is only like 15 bucks.

i think TUBES has a set of 645mm ones for sale still.. asi i bought the 700mm's off him

for the DNM 645mm $300 US $100 postage :S is that abit pricey? without clamps either.... and i found a fella near me selling as01 for ummm about 340? cant rememba and postage to me is only like 15 bucks.

Hey wogtaz ryder, we have some DNM's forks (Black & Gold) in 645mm. We are clearing them and can do them for you with CNC clamps (same as on the Elite), steering stem, bearings etc for better than you were quoted above.

If you're keen send me a PM or an email and we can go from there.

Cheers, Ken

MSO. whats this shock like compared to the fast ace product. also just to confirm what was included with the forks. cheers

Hey Irvo125, I can't really comment on how the DNM M-200 forks compare to the new Fastace AS-01 forks. I'm sure you will find opinions that go both ways. What I can say is that the DNM forks are great forks and right up there with the best of them in the same price bracket IMO.

The forks come with the fork protectors, CNC clamps (same as on the MSO Elite but in black not red), steering stem, tapered bearing and races etc.

If you need to know anything else just send an email or PM and we can help you out.

Cheers, Ken

Anyone got any more feedback on the AS-01's now that they've been on a few bikes for a while. How are they working? Are they worth the coin? Good or bad?

they are excellent , just a pain in the but coz they dont come with front break setup but you can get some off DHZ off ebay for 60 posted? BUT!!!! the ones for as-02-03 dont fit the as-01! .

but they are really good fork! definitely worth $330 for what i got them for.

Latest posts

Back