As01 Forks!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw Cactus Jack what model DNM have a 730mm fork ? I had a look around and could only find the M200 and the biggest they came in was 700.

DNM forks have 2 models with various sizes

M-200 - 780mm, 735mm, 695mm, 645mm

M-107 - 735mm, 695mm, 645mm

I've had trouble with the triple clamps being to norrow had to order a new set. I was lucky i could get a set that i did not have to machine out the top clamp as the as-01 forks are 48mm where the top and clamps clamp on to the fork. And afew other things were wrong as well, missing teflon washer on inside of the top cap where the spring adjuster is, and a small bit of alloy was broken off on the bit that compresses the spring inside the top of the fork leg. When you tightened up the spring tension on the fork it would sound like the alloy thread was striped but it was a small bit of alloy that a grub screw was ment to foul up on when you compress the spring. I paid about $400 for the forks then had to buy crf 50 bearings another $100, now new clamps.

This sounds suspect ..... where did you get your forks from ????? There are a lot of FAKERS getting around and they're most likely to be the gold ones ..... that's why I bought a black set from TDR .... For a start TDR showed me a pic of a gold set and they have WHITE slider protectors NOT black .... they also have the exact same triple clamps as the AS-02's .... I've got 2 sets of them and everything fits precisely .... The genuines have alloy steering pins not steel .....

Also in all manufacturing you get defective and seconds or customer returned products ........ Some sellers buy batches of cheaper second quality factory reject forks or sets that have had parts substituted to lower the wholesale price in order for them to make a bigger profit .... so you've probably been sold a seconds , factory return , or copy set ......

A friend of mine in Arizona got sold a brand new Pitster Pro X2R by Pitster that had stacks of problems .... including one of the fork needles having been heated with a torch and bodgily straightened up then put back in ...... man it was a real joke ......

I emailed several Aussie sellers .... one backed out and admitted that his supplier was sending him faulty sets so he said he wasn't getting any more in , the other didn't have what I wanted in stock but never offered to get them in for me (735 mm DNM's or 730 mm AS-01's) , and I never heard from the 3rd seller again after sending him pics of genuine black AS-O1's . He was going to send me pics of his forks claiming that they were 100 % genuine .... until I sent him the pics .... then all communication simply vanished .... :eek:

And last but not least ...... you got RIPPED OFF BIG TIME for the CRF bearings ..... you can buy genuine All Balls CRF bearings with seals for under $50 AUD ......

Last edited:
Cactus Jack

This sounds suspect ..... where did you get your forks from ????? There are a lot of FAKERS getting around and they're most likely to be the gold ones ..... that's why I bought a black set from TDR .... For a start TDR showed me a pic of a gold set and they have WHITE slider protectors NOT black .... they also have the exact same triple clamps as the AS-02's .... I've got 2 sets of them and everything fits precisely .... The genuines have alloy steering pins not steel .....

Also in all manufacturing you get defective and seconds or customer returned products ........ Some sellers buy batches of cheaper second quality factory reject forks or sets that have had parts substituted to lower the wholesale price in order for them to make a bigger profit .... so you've probably been sold a seconds , factory return , or copy set ......

A friend of mine in Arizona got sold a brand new Pitster Pro X2R by Pitster that had stacks of problems .... including one of the fork needles having been heated with a torch and bodgily straightened up then put back in ...... man it was a real joke ......

I emailed several Aussie sellers .... one backed out and admitted that his supplier was sending him faulty sets so he said he wasn't getting any more in , the other didn't have what I wanted in stock but never offered to get them in for me (735 mm DNM's or 730 mm AS-01's) , and I never heard from the 3rd seller again after sending him pics of genuine black AS-O1's . He was going to send me pics of his forks claiming that they were 100 % genuine .... until I sent him the pics .... then all communication simply vanished ....

And last but not least ...... you got RIPPED OFF BIG TIME for the CRF bearings ..... you can buy genuine All Balls CRF bearings with seals for under $50 AUD ......

I really am pissed off about the bearings, $100 could have got me the bearings and a carton of beer, last time i deal with the local mini bike dealer.... The as-01 forks are black with white fork protectors on them with the 20mm axle stepping down to 15mm and the as-02 style triple clamps. From what you have said i would probley think they are seconds,i've had a talk to brian and he has had afew people ring him with different troubles with the as-01 forks and clamps. Here are afew photos of the forks i have.
Picture025.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture026.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture021.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

In the 2nd photo you can see how the hub is sitting on the fork leg.

Yes I can see that mate ........ I've been doing some checking and measuring for you ....

The 735 mm forks on DHZ monster bikes and the forks on our DHZ 138 both are 48 mm thru the top and bottom clamps so Fast Ace legs will go straight into their triple clamps .......

The AS-02 clamps are 108 mm wide from inside of tube to inside of tube (156 mm centre to centre of fork tubes) and the DHZ Monster forks are 112 mm wide from inside of tube to inside of tube (160 mm centre to centre) .... so there is only 4 mm difference ...... The wheel & disc clears either side of the Monster forks but the disc bolt heads are close (about 2 mm) ... So you'd have to use countersunk head disc bolts or move the wheel centreline 2 mm to the right side ....... You could get 2 mm machined off the wheel hub to move the disc inwards ..... OR as you've probably already done .... buy wider spaced clamps .....

IF your triple clamps are narrower than 156 mm c to c then your forks are definitely made wrong .... The only other thing is that your front wheel could be wrong ..........

I bought one of my sets of AS-02's as a complete fork kit including the front wheel , a disc , assembled master cylinder , brake line and caliper set as supplied by Fast Ace .... The bare front wheel hub is 93 mm wide overall . It takes thru bolts and nuts for the disc and the caliper is only small and narrow to clear the spokes . The caliper is painted grey and has a steel mounting plate .......

Some sellers slap their own parts together to make up a fork kit and create one big stuff up .... because they haven't got a clue how to engineer anything other than building up their own bank account .... :p

Obviously , the left side spacer , type of caliper and its mounting position plus the wheel hub width all have to be precisely configured for things to work ...... Measure your parts and let us know what the measurements are .....

My front billet hub wheel has an overall hub width of 95 mm counting the disc adaptor width ... the spoke section is only 76 mm wide .... with the disc adaptor it's 86 mm ..... so maybe a billet hub front wheel would help solve your problems ..... of course tho' the right side of the AS-01 axle would need some of the 20 mm section machined back to centre up the billet hub or move it to the right a bit if necessary .....

Fitting billet hub wheels to standard pit bike forks and axles requires the spacers to be machined shorter anyway ...... eg ~ the cast hub wheel measures 76.5 mm from outside of bearing race to outside of bearing race and the billet hub wheel measures 87 mm from outside of bearing race to outside of bearing race so both of the stock wheel spacers would need to have 4.75 mm machined of them to maintain the stock fork leg centreline to centreline spacing and keep the wheel centred .......

Last edited:
The clamps i got with as-01 are 156mm c to c. I've got a set of clamps coming that are wider and that will fit the 645mm fork legs with out having to machine them.
The hub i'm running at the moment 98mm wide ( bare hub width ) including the disk on the hub is measures 102mm wide that's not including the bolts holding the disk on. From out side of bearing to out side of bearing is 76mm, and the width of the spokes is about 66mm.
The front brake i'm getting from dhz is one of the anidozed red one's with mounting brackets to suit the as-01 mounting points. My old brakes will not fit due to different mounting point on the brake bracket.
I'm going to need about 5mm of room on disks side so it will have clearence roughly and as for the billet i'm trying to work on the wife for them but it would be good if i can get these wheels to work because there 12in front and back and i've got a set of motard tyres to go on and rip around the local cart track.
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!:)

Well there you go mate .... it's not the forks , it's your wheel that's the problem .... the hub's too wide at 98 mm ... Even the stock front wheel hub on the DHZ monster bike is only 94 mm wide without the disc and bolts and the bolt heads run really close to the fork tube ......

The standard DHZ 138/140 forks have triple clamps which space the tube centre lines at 165 mm ..... the disc flange thickness is only 10 mm wide like the Fast Ace supplied wheel and the disc has countersunk bolt heads so they're flush with the disc ....... the hub is also only 93 mm wide without the disc so it'd fit AS-01's and AS-02's spot on ...... the wheel spacers would just need to be machined shorter ......

My relo has a bike with AS-02's on it and the standard 32 spoke wheel with a 190 mm scollop wave disc fits good ... the disc runs close to the fork legs but that's how it is with Fast Ace forks .... There's a lot of people using them .....

Now you'll probably have problems fitting the new triple clamps depending on what frame you have .... :p The Fast Ace steering pins suit 22.5 x 41 & 24 x 41 CRF bearings but most of the Chinese triple clamp pins are machined to take 22 x 44 bearings upper and either 23.5 x 44 (DHZ etc) or 22 x 44 bearings (Pitster/GT) lower ........

IF your frames' steering head is only 41 mm I/D ... then you've got a new headache .... :eek:

When i ordered the clamps i told him i had crf50 bearings and the new triple clamp stem machined down to size. If it's looks like it' going to be a headache i could
1... make a new triple clamp stem
2... send the clamps back and afew more $$$$ and get a new set of wheels

The legs look like AS-02's .... but the clamps are definitely not Fast Ace .....

yeah figured something like that was the case. Can you post up some good pics of your AS-01's when they arrive please Cactus Jack. I am still debating the idea of upgrading but will probably hold off until there is more knowledge about how good these forks are.

Are the Marzocchi reps any good? Like the ones on the new model Pimpits?

Got the new clamps and c to c is about 178mm so there is plenty of room for the front wheel and i need to make up a new spacer as the one i have is to small. Only problem is the top holes where the bar raisers go have to be slotted as the holes are about 1mm to 2mm out. Then the next drama will be getting the front brake to fit.

Last edited:
Man 178 mm ... that's wide .... What sized bearings fit the steering shaft ??????

Hey Zappa , I'd also like to know what the Zocch replicas are like .... I bought a Pimpit frame , seat , plastics and tank and I can tell you that they're a genuine twin pipe with thick stiffening plates welded in between , the steering head suits CRF50 sized bearings (41 mm O/D) .... so Fast Ace forks will fit straight onto them with no hassles ...... the rear sub frame is welded on which I don't mind ..... they also don't have an engine cradle ....

Masterspoon ... the forks haven't arrived yet but I'll get some good pics taken when they do show up ....... they were posted on the 4th ..... apparently due to the chinese labour day celebrations according to the seller ... TDR ...

Latest posts

Back