Atomik Link 250 or ProX 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew2

Reaction score
Anyone experienced the Atomik Link 250?
Looks like a zongshen engine in the Link, i have only had experience with Ducar engines so i'm wondering what the zongshens are like.
I've had my mind set on getting a ProX 140, they have the lifan motor which i've heard are meant to be quite good, but the Link has got a bit taller seat height which is sounding like a good thing at the moment.
Any help will be appreciated
drew

Attachments

• prox140 copy.jpg
    prox140 copy.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Link250M-Red copy.jpg
    Link250M-Red copy.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 48
mate i wouldnt even bother with the "link" just by looking at the pick i can tell it will not last as long as expected!

Thanks for that crazzy#1.
Do you have any thoughts about Atomik's ProX 140?

The Link 250 looks like it uses the same frame as the smaller blast 125, just with the 250cc Zonga out of the hummer and a front bar for mounting. If it is, I'm unsure if it can handle the extra weight and power. The problem with the tubular chinese bikes is that they are fairly thin walled and have been known to bend and even break under load - prolly not the safest setup for a 250cc.

Saying that, it does look like they have added a few extra support bars.

Out of the two bikes you listed, the ProX 140 looks like a much nicer bike and has the better twin spar frame design - although it only has 14"/10" wheels front/back.

If you wanted a slightly bigger bike, Atomik also have the ProX 150cc which has 17/14 front/back.

If you are willing to look at different manufacturers, check out the Orion AGB38 140cc as it also has 17/14 front/back wheels :)

P.S. If you can hold out a few more weeks, I'm sure there will be many more 2008 model bikes coming in with improvements over the current 2007 models.

Maybe something like
Green.jpg
NEW 2008 ProX ALLOY 140cc PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes Boats. (end time 05-Nov-07 19:38:38 AEDST)

or
Red.jpg
NEW 2008 ProX ALLOY 125cc PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes Boats. (end time 05-Nov-07 21:45:00 AEDST) .

:D

Last edited:
The bigger rims you've pictured look good, I'll look into those bikes.
I'm not in too much of a rush, so i will wait and see what new models show up.
Thanks
andrew

this is my opinion with the 250cc i highly recoment NOT getting it have a look at the pitbikes china is producing they cant make decent pitbikes that stay together so i dont no how they have even attempted to make a full size bike

I spent the weekend thrashing the crap out of my "chinese 250" and it is still together :p

I was at jams all day today and all was fine with her.

Saying that, the biggest problem with chinese 250cc bikes is that they are HEAVY and lack that low down acceleration like the lighter 125/140cc pitbikes. Most of the extra cc on the 250cc is used up pushing the heavier full size bike around.

My mate was out all weekend with me and he has an Orion 140cc bigwheel - 17"/14" front/rear wheels - and it is a great bike for the money ($800 ebay). You can throw it around and just ride it as hard as you can. very fun bike.

After the riding this weekend, I'm going to buy the Orion like my mates, because it is just much more fun and requires much less effort to ride.

Whatever you get, have fun :)

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to toss up between an Atomik Nitrous 140cc and an Atomik Link 250cc. I'm about 6'2 tall, so I think the Link is probably the better option, but i've heard mixed things about this bike. Can anybody out there that actually owns one tell me what they are like? Any major issues with them etc?

Any info at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash.

1 word for these 2 bikes....GAY

Last edited:
Hey mate, i have a Atomik link 250, i bought it when it very first came out for $1300AU

Now let me put it to you this way, i also have a yz125 ( 2 stroke ). if my yz did not have power band the atomik could keep up with it no problem.

I ride my Atomik really hard and so far nothing has happend to it.

I am 6ft+.. and weigh 85kg and this bike is perfect for me.

Latest posts

Back