Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers got it fixed must of been some dirt in thing the needle goes in, now to go ride. Thanks :)

Hey guys, i went to go for a ride just before and it did the ezact same thing again? It never starts leaking while im riding it always starts when i go for my next ride. Whats causing this? Please help as i dont want to take apart the carby after every ride

I took apart the carb twise and cleaned it twise but its still leaking :(( dont know what to do next :(

have you cleaned out the petrol tank/fuel tap yet ?
there is usually a bit of plastic shavings etc inside once they are made.
also using a metal jerry can to fill your tank, they can have crud in them too

and when you remove the needle and seat, blow some compressed air through the hole to make sure its' clear.

Last edited:
So do you think i should clean the carby out again as thouher as possible and hopefully then it stops?

Also why would it be always happening like the next day when i go to ride and why doesnt it start leaking when im riding?

if there is dirt/plastic in your tank it wont stop happening until you clean every thing out properly.
same with your carby
the dirt etc that is holding your needle and seat open might move a bit, then it can seal, but when you ride it it may move back into the seat again.

do you fill it from a clean jerry can ? pour it into your tank and use an ultra fine filter.
maybe buy a new plastic on just for your bike?

it could also be caused by a perished rubber fuel hose.
when you clean your carby out, and refit the hose, maybe bits of rubber are coming off from inside the hose ?

what are you finding in it each time you take the carby off, and apart ?

Im not finding anything the last time it happend i just blew everything out and wiped it clean then it stopped leaking

is the fuel hose disconnected from the carby when you are blowing it all out ?

are your removing the float, then needle from the needle and seat and checking there?

so it obviously sounds like a slow leak.....
Therefore while your riding you are burning up the fuel before it leaks out. (hence why it doesn't leak while riding)

When blowing your carby clean make sure you are blowing through all the holes, eg, jets and fuel inlet hole.
So take the floats out, then the needle seat and blow compressed air through there with the fuel hose detatched.

Remove tap from fuel tank and wash out the tank with petrol. Also try to clean the tap. This will eliminate a lot out of the equation, possible causes after this are the float level is wrong or the needle seat is somehow damaged.

Yes i take float off and blow all in the hole and i take the fuel hose off

the dirt or whatever is getting stuck in the needle and seat is coming from somewhere ?

Yea it must be just dirt or something but when i do the test by holding carby u and turning fuel on the fuel stops coming out when its level like it should do and the float sits level when carbys upside down

the float level sounds ok.

when you take the needle out from in the set, are you blowing compressed air through the hole ?
if something is stuck in there it may not come out that easy.

As I said before it is a slow leak, you would have to hold it for quite some time.
If not then it is just a bit too high and when putting it on its side stand it overflows.

Think it was abit of dirt stuck in there must of been pretty well stuck ,just had a god ride, but when im riding i notice abit of fuel that comes out the overflow its a small amount and i carnt see it coming out i just see it on my skid plate as the overflow line hangs down over it. Is this normal? Also i am going to buy a fuel fiter tomoro which should stop the problems of the dirt getting stuck

Last edited:
the float level might be a touch too high?
usually they are good if the float sits level with the base of the carby though.

might be worth trying it out with the needle tab on the float bent upwards another 2mm more than it is now ?
the float will need to be taken out of the carby to bend it though

Hi guys, another problem. Just changed the fuel lines and put in fuel filter , and when i went to start bike it made a horrible squeking noise from the motor changed the oil and its still doing it. Please help. I really appriciate it

have you tried it again since ?
did it happen as you were kick starting it, or when it was running ?

i can't think of anything that would have caused it ?

Latest posts

Back