Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike is so close to wanting to start just carnt quite start

can you get a pic for me ?
one from the airfilter side, looking into the bore of the carby, with the idle speed screw screwed right in
i just want to see how far it protrudes into the bore
i need it to be pretty clear/focused if you can

^^ i forgot to mention, with the throttle fully open

Heres pic without the spring on the idle screw taken on ipad not the clearest can get a clearer pic on my mums iphone when she gets home it helps moreimage.jpg

that might be ok.
it looks like the screw goes in far enough to lift the slide a few mm though?

****km yessss she goes thanks so much bro love ya ur a legend

Also is the spring on the idle screw to stop it coming loose? Think bike needs a little tuning wise as it was kinda going flat in the top end, also now if i want to tighten up the throttle play. Do i loosen the adjustment nut up at the bars? Will this affect the running f the bike? Dont want to muck it around again, cheers thanks guys. Turns out i didnt tighten the idle screw up enough springs pretty compressed now but she runs so its all good

yeah, the spring stops it vibrating loose.

and yeah,
to adjust the cable, wind the adjuster out at the throttle, but leave a touch of freeplay
when you are done, start the bike and check that the revs dont rise as you turn the handlebars left and right.
otherwise the adjuster will to be backed off a little bit more.

with the coil rubbing on the oil cooler lines,
it might be worth replacing it with a new one.
and zip tie you oil lines to the frame to keep them away from the coil

and with the tuning part,
i'm pretty sure i posted something in this thread, maybe back a page or so ?

Yea cheers mate , one thing though my throttle play wont tighten up?

so does the adjuster go right to the end, and off the tread, still leaving play ?

how much throttle movement are we talking about when you say slop ?

The throttle play is like 2cm, yea the adjuster goes off the end of the thread and still has the same play as when its fully tight

ok, i can see why you like to get rid of it.

the proper way to fix it would be to buy a new cable with a shorter inner

but one way around it, see this throttle tube, it has 2 holes in it that the cable end can go into.
is there enough room behind your hole, that you could redrill another hole, and then just extend/cut the slot for the cable to run in ?

Mate for all that work i might just leave it for now ae, if it keeps bugging me then i will but for now ill just leave it. Mate thanks so much for all the trouble youve gone through to help me really appriciate it ae. Hope to apart of your cool comunity on mini riders for a long time to come. Cheers

Mate had a great day riding yesterday but then today i was riding for about 10 minutes when i noticed constant fuel coming out the lines from the carbourator when i turned the fuel off it stopped but when i turned it on it was just flowing out. Please help. Does this mean the main jet has come out? Thanks heaps

Mate had a great day riding yesterday but then today i was riding for about 10 minutes when i noticed constant fuel coming out the lines from the carbourator when i turned the fuel off it stopped but when i turned it on it was just flowing out. Please help. Does this mean the main jet has come out? Thanks heaps

It means your float height is too high so the flow of fuel into your bowl will not stop just before the overflow tube height

Ok , but yesterday bike was going sweet all day and wasnt leaking fuel at all was running perfect. Do you still think its the same problem you just stated? Thanks

Latest posts

Back