Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this how the cable should be seated? Thats as far in as itll goimage.jpg

yeah, all looks ok
the slide must have a deep cutaway section on the airfilter side, and that's why it looks too high ?

Last edited:
i would put it all back together again, then refit the idle speed screw
do up the screw until the slide lifts a couple of mm's and then try restarting it
check your oil line is away from the coil still

I carnt seem to get the slide to go down the hole it just sits at the top does tye slot on the side of the slide have to line up with that small dot of metal on the side of the hole thing?

yeah the slot lines up with the little pin
and on the opposite side, the notch lines up with the idle speed screw

you can turn the slide a little as you fit it to line them up, then it will slide down easily

Yea sweet got it down, but the slide still isnt on the bottom there is still a gap? Idle screw is out and the throttle line is in as far as itll go? Why wont it go down to the bottom.?

on the bottom edge of the slide they have a quarter moon shaped cutaway on the airfilter side
this helps draw fuel up and out of the fuel bowl when the engine is running
the Molkt carby has a big cutaway compared to the Mikuni's

so i guess that is as low as you'll get it.

fit the idle speed screw, and do it up
watch the bottom of the slide as you are doing up the screw, when the slide goes up 2mm, then that is set rough enough for the bike to start

When i screw the idle screw in it doesnt move the slide at all?

so the screw does up tight without the slide moving at all ?

did you check that there wasn't another adjuster between the throttle and the carby?
some cables have another, the adjuster could be hiding up under the tank ?

Yea it deffinatly gets tighter but the slide doesnt move

i wish i had a Molkt carby here so i could suss it out for you

i wonder if it has had the throttle cable replaced , but the new one was a touch shorter or something
there are a few different length cables, and then the cable inners are available in different lengths too

or if the throttle has been changed with another one?

Pretty sure its stock doesnt looks like its been changed. Does anyone else have a molkt carb?

The bike was running like a couple days ago sweet , then one morning it would idle without choke on. And then i adjusted a couple things to try fix it and then it wouldnt even start so im thinking that it is just a simple problem. After watching my video i posted what do you think is going wrong? Spark? Fuel? Air?

i just had a quick look on the internet, i found 1 other person with the same problem as you
he ordered another throttle cable, but when it got there the inner cable was shorter than his.
it opened the slide more

i will try and work out an easy solution for you tonight/tomorrow, and post it up tomorrow morning

yeah, sorry been stuck fixing my car

can i get you to try something ?
take the idle speed screw right out, remove the spring and refit just the screw.
then see if screwing it in will lift the slide at all ?

Latest posts

Back