Aust. racers where are you

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
i think this is a great idea and all

but dont you guys have a number of sponsored riders that ride in pro and china class??

wat series the way things look with the lack of industry support we will be lucky if we have another race or series for that matter,i say its a little to late to saying supporting the race seen

and from what i heard if i heard correct at gwandalan
78 entries and only 46 showup?

to many **** talkers saying there gonna turn up and dont im moving to the states any one keen ?? lol

ma forms were printed and at the sign on at races last year post were put up on wat do do step by step and wat has to be done in order to get your lic,mentioned at numerous riders breifings and presontations,i dont wat else i can do to get them to get there lic.i wil put a thread up on wat to do one more time .

Would of been good to see a representative from DHZ at anyone of the 2 days thats been held so far.
I brought your bike because you seemed to support the racing scene and I have had many people buy bikes from yous because of my word on your bike and I now wish I brought something else from some one else that know how to really throw their support into the sport. Where was this support a a year ago?
I am a struggling labourer that can barely afford to take part in this sport and I miss out on alot to do so no thanks to yous at DHZ.
Yous turn up with ya so called sponsored pro riders on meetings that only suit yous. I would like to know how much money these pro riders spend at your shop or how much bussiness they drum up for you because I know I have spent plenty and have sold atleast 7 bikes for yous and Im far from a pro rider and yet dont see a mention of the over 35's class getting anything from yous and we are as dedicated if not more than any pro rider.
There is 9 people in our class. 5 of us where at both events held so far. How many pro riders were there do you think?
The problem with the whole mini scene isnt just getting new people in its trying to keep the ones we have and because of the lack of support from the associated companys its a struggle to do either.

not 100% sure what your totally on about, but in your area (NSW) i think you'll find DHZ have been the most supporting..
how many bike shops drop prices without a bink, how many bike shops offer pretty much the best support going..
how many bike shops offer replacement parts without having to see the faulty one (majority of the time)..

how about you have a go at all the bike shops in nsw for NOT supporting the sport...

praise all those who do..

besides the biggest problem in the scene is all the people talking it up that they wanna race and the people that cry there are no races. then races get held and no one shows up..

whats the saying...
Build and they will come...
yeah right, what a crock of sht..
people need to get of their a$$ and help, its not just the support from companies that keep this going..

**** people traveled from QLD and VIC just to hit the last race up.. where were all the locals..

ma forms were printed and at the sign on at races last year post were put up on wat do do step by step and wat has to be done in order to get your lic,mentioned at numerous riders breifings and presontations,i dont wat else i can do to get them to get there lic.i wil put a thread up on wat to do one more time .

Rusty.. is it possible for you to post up a list of companies that support or help make the races happen...

damn MA is who we all need to hate! ha ha. Total rip. I want racing so badly. I honestly would do anything right now to help out with anything. But if there is no support from big brands its nots gonna go no where. Ciniworx do so much in vic. but just feels like there just isn't every going to be enough support for this to take off.

what the hell does it take?! wtf else can everyone do to get more people rocking up? if there was no MA there would be so many more people racing!

most of the true 50 shops have closed down as they could not compete against the china bikes.they all used to throw money prizes wat ever they could at the races.times have change it is a new seen but in the end it s wat we love doing,it isnt just the shops we need the riders to comit to racing if they want it to happen the clubs dont wan t us back if we turn up with 50 riders at races.ma is not the problem if i was doin backyard racing i still have to pay 2500 for insurance cause it not worth the risk of being sued riders just have to say yes i am going to race and get there lic that will make race meets cheaper and they may even want to do extra classes

I was planning on.getting my ma license and was looking forward to racing this year and like everyone said people need to.turn up stop saying Yer I'm coming and just not turn up it just kills the sport we all love and I know I'd rather pay $150 every race meeting and ride with a hole group of people then ride in the bush and get busted and pay $300+ to the pigs I came last in all my races but I hadthe most fun riding since if owned a bike

I just see comment after comment about shops not supporting or helping to get events running, Its bull****, I race with a club here in tassie that is all run by VOLUNTEERS .

All im saying is stop pointing at the shops for help at events and get off your own arse and do something about it. If you can get a club big enough sponsors will come.

I just see comment after comment about shops not supporting or helping to get events running, Its bull****, I race with a club here in tassie that is all run by VOLUNTEERS .

All im saying is stop pointing at the shops for help at events and get off your own arse and do something about it. If you can get a club big enough sponsors will come.

what he said ^^^^^

the whole raceing scene seems to be relying on brad to keep the show on the road how bout throwing your hand up and helping, instead of wingeing that the shops dont.

me personally i'm looking forward to getting my ma licence and racing with my mates in our class with the vintage and classic motocross guys. it's gunna be a blast.

we will soon hold some races at parwan we like brad are just working out some logistics and insurance and so on. eddy at ciniworx has put alot of work into it and we hope it will pay off for us....

i got another question to ask
how many of you have had to fund a race season on a big bike?????? and you complain about a $185 ma licence and some club fee's **** me your all kidding right?????

Last edited:
If riders cant turn up to simple ride days, hang out with your mates and have a ball i cant see how any series will last.

the economy does not allow companies too put much money into anything thats not going to get any type of exposure nor give them a return ,i tried to get radio newspaper and tv to take an interest in saturdays event with no interest whatsoever,why would i give my money to an event which will not give me much or any return, thats just bad business,the biggest problem is bums on seats,too many people crying out for racing,entering and then not showing up,to keep putting on racing and losing money is bad business hence the need for sponsors to cover loss.
all motox tracks are struggling,numbers are down cash is in short supply and you seriously need 100 bikes plus too cover costs for a race day we cant even get half of that number,
but for DHZ to say we will give prizes to anyone on our product is just pathetic,man up guys and do a real sponsorship and offer prize money to classes on anyones bikes not just yours.
Im never going to win any of it and to just give it back to your own guys is wrong

good onya brad for having a go but give it up dude its a lost cause your never gonna satisfy anyone
let some of these guys who all reckon they can do better have a go and find out whats its really like.

oh yea and if you want to know who i am i was the guy going round the pits on saturday shouting trying to get people to help out

what he said ^^^^^

the whole raceing scene seems to be relying on brad to keep the show on the road how bout throwing your hand up and helping, instead of wingeing that the shops dont.

me personally i'm looking forward to getting my ma licence and racing with my mates in our class with the vintage and classic motocross guys. it's gunna be a blast.

we will soon hold some races at parwan we like brad are just working out some logistics and insurance and so on. eddy at ciniworx has put alot of work into it and we hope it will pay off for us....

i got another question to ask
how many of you have had to fund a race season on a big bike?????? and you complain about a $185 ma licence and some club fee's **** me your all kidding right?????

LOL its scary to add that up, geez just tyres for my season would be around the 1k mark as i run new tyres every race. with a total of 8 - 10 races.

Here is an example of how the club i race with got started over 30years ago,

Tasmanian Endurance Riders Club (TERC for short) is a club for Off Road Motorcycle enthusiasts. The Club is based on the North West Coast of Tasmania, Australia, and Members come from as far as Zeehan on the far West to Scottsdale on the North East Coast, and all places in between. For International visitors browsing our Web-site. Tasmania is an island state just off Australia, situated approximately 200km, across Bass Strait south of the Mainland State of Victoria.

TERC was originally formed in 1977

TERC celebrated it's 25th Birthday on August 3, 2002

TERC Celebrated its 30th year in 2007

With the help of members, supporters, The Forestry, Gunns, North Forest and Land Owners tracks are cut and built in areas around Northern parts of Tasmania. Some being Mawbanna, Nietta, Zeehan Railton, Bakers Beach, Hampshire, Pipers Brook, Mooreville and Deloraine/Meander as well as using many local farm paddocks for grass track racing and the use of Peggs Beach at Port Latta for Beach racing.

Over the years membership has grown. The last few years membership has been around the 450-500 mark, this is made up of: 200 plus Senior, 250 plus Junior & 60 Quad members (and Membership continues to grow all the time). Depending on the type of race event. There may also be anywhere between 1 - 50 day riders who come along just for various events. The early years where mainly Enduro and Pony Express style racing. But in later years beach racing, grasstrack and 8 hour Enduro's were introduced. In the last few years the Club has seen the introduction of Junior and Senior 4-wheeler race events. Proving to be very popular indeed and giving the Junior riders a good start to their racing futures. If these young riders continue through the club as they get older, we are going to see some extremely talented riders in years to come.

The Club runs a Top 10 Ironman series for the Senior riders of the Club. Click to view the Past & Present Ironmen for the Tas Enduro Club.

TERC is run by a very enthusiastic committee, because the Club is a Non-profit organisation it relies heavily on, and appreciates the voluntary help provided by so many people, in it's every day running of events, track building and Officials etc... Without these people it would not be possible.
:rolleyes:

Would of been good to see a representative from DHZ at anyone of the 2 days thats been held so far.
I brought your bike because you seemed to support the racing scene and I have had many people buy bikes from yous because of my word on your bike and I now wish I brought something else from some one else that know how to really throw their support into the sport. Where was this support a a year ago?
I am a struggling labourer that can barely afford to take part in this sport and I miss out on alot to do so no thanks to yous at DHZ.
Yous turn up with ya so called sponsored pro riders on meetings that only suit yous. I would like to know how much money these pro riders spend at your shop or how much bussiness they drum up for you because I know I have spent plenty and have sold atleast 7 bikes for yous and Im far from a pro rider and yet dont see a mention of the over 35's class getting anything from yous and we are as dedicated if not more than any pro rider.
There is 9 people in our class. 5 of us where at both events held so far. How many pro riders were there do you think?
The problem with the whole mini scene isnt just getting new people in its trying to keep the ones we have and because of the lack of support from the associated companys its a struggle to do either.

for us to extend the continency classes would end up been very xpensive we are offering this at all races . not a end of the year thing

where not made of money (some seem to think this is a million dollar industry) where was all the haters when we where prtty much the only ones sponsoring every races thousonads of dollars in prizes, even after i find out that some of these prizes that we gave brad ended up straight on his mates bike and brad mate i seen the parts and i was also told by one of ur mates that this happened , we found that piss poor yet we still continued to support, people are very quick to forget, there is many other things that lead us to where we are today , we tryed to work with brad to get some of the classes bigger and they could have been only brad had allot of pressure from old school honda bos to kep classes the way there where,

we support the racing in other ways u guys wouldnt even no about to many for details

with the contingency and only paying out to our riders, we are simply following , what pitster do in america, we see no problem with it , why would we want to pay someone that rides for our oposition

im not payed to go to the races sometimes im there cause just like u guys i do like to ride, i have other interest,

Yous turn up with ya so called sponsored pro riders on meetings that only suit yous.
sorry if u feel we should be at most or every races because we sell pitbikes thats just not possible

Last edited:
Guy's while there are (were) many valid points behind the posts here regardless of what DHZ do racing wise, they are a valued and well respected site sponsor. How many of youse have been looked after by them parts/bike wise?

My guess...most of you. This is not the thread to be bashing.

The main point behind all this before it took its downward spiral is that we ALL need to support the racing, not just Ken and his team.

Its the people that dont turn up that hurt it, no one else.

If you are not interested in being a part of the DHZ rider incentive, then you have no reason to post here.

Latest posts

Back