Aust. racers where are you

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got another question to ask
how many of you have had to fund a race season on a big bike?????? and you complain about a $185 ma licence and some club fee's **** me your all kidding right?????

I can see where Rach88 is coming from ... Pitbikes are not big bikes and most people buy 'em because they're cheaper to own and run plus they're safer ... so why should people pay the same licensing and insurance fees as charged for full sized higher risk bikes ...

How many people get seriously injured racing small bikes and lodge claims ?

It's a lot like the situation where insurance companies were charging sports such as lawn bowls , badminton , volley ball etc the same insurance as if they were high risk sports such as rugby etc ...

Most people would agree that it's a ripoff to throw everything into the same category ...

Anyway ... To find out what most people already know , take a poll on the subject ...

Gwandalan was ripping.

Thanks Brad for setting up another great race at yet another ripper of a track. I had a ball racing vets. The great tracks and friendly attitude of everybody involved, riders and organisers is what keeps me turning up to rusty races. Riders as far from queensland, victoria and souther nsw travel far to tear up the track with the locals. Turns out the fast locals just were not there. Whats your problem fella's. We should all be there for the love of racing not for the prizes if you win. Instead of sponors giving prizes to the winners it would be much smarter just to give them to random riders anywhere in the pack. These are the guys usually struggling to keep there bikes going good. My thoughts are we should not need prizes to lure riders to races. I am a vet i did alot of racing big bikes back in the 80's, we all just rode for love in those days.
Do we really need prizes for wining races, if riders don't show up in numbers then what is the point of rusty promotions doing so much work to make racing happen in NSW.
If you recon it cost to much to go racing stop spending your hard earned money on other crap you do not need, save it for your pitbike racing. I live in my bloody van these days just so I can keep doing the things I love. Ride on Dave Durrant,

I would be more than happy to pay upfront and as epod said we shouldn't need prizes to come race I brought my girlfriend last weekend and sh said it was such a great environment that she wants to start racing

Yer instead of prizes , put the $$ into the race .

Im never gonna win a prize either , so sounds good lol

Well since there are no tracks to ride at regularly to get practice let alone race in the Hunter Region of NSW ... there's no point in having a race ready bike or even a stocker sitting around doing nothing for most of the year ... Then if you have a stock Chinga ... most people think "Why bother?" when there are people racing on multi dollar bikes with 185 cc and up highly modified motors ...

And a lot of ride or race days are sprung on NSW riders too quickly to get a bike together in time ... If ride days were more regular and NOT organised for specific dates and were on a pitbike specific track then more riders would get involved ... It would be worth having several bikes built and ready to go ...

It's a bit like trying to get boat racing going in the desert ... you don't build a lake based on how many people out there already own racing boats ... The lake has to be built FIRST ... Then people who can afford it will get interested in sinking cash into building their own race boat ...

I put up with all the BS of a dedicated drag strip supposedly being built at Barleigh Ranch ... I wasted my time going to all the meetings then it fell thru ... At best , open exhaust full chassised cars could only race 4 times a year with such cars sitting around copping bore rust for most of the year ... In fact the body on my car just about rusted away so I sold it to friend to use as a land speed attempt car (South Australian salt flats) ...

Barleigh Ranch has been talking about building a pitbike track for quite a while now ... it hasn't happened yet so I 'aint holding my breath any longer ...

It's hard to take racing seriously in NSW due to such factors as the example above ...

Last edited:
Well since there are no tracks to ride at regularly to get practice let alone race in the Hunter Region of NSW ... there's no point in having a race ready bike or even a stocker sitting around doing nothing for most of the year ... Then if you have a stock Chinga ... most people think "Why bother?" when there are people racing on multi dollar bikes with 185 cc and up highly modified motors ...

And a lot of ride or race days are sprung on NSW riders too quickly to get a bike together in time ... If ride days were more regular and NOT organised for specific dates and were on a pitbike specific track then more riders would get involved ... It would be worth having several bikes built and ready to go ...

It's a bit like trying to get boat racing going in the desert ... you don't build a lake based on how many people out there already own racing boats ... The lake has to be built FIRST ... Then people who can afford it will get interested in sinking cash into building their own race boat ...

I put up with all the BS of a dedicated drag strip supposedly being built at Barleigh Ranch ... I wasted my time going to all the meetings then it fell thru ... At best , open exhaust full chassised cars could only race 4 times a year with such cars sitting around copping bore rust for most of the year ... In fact the body on my car just about rusted away so I sold it to friend to use as a land speed attempt car (South Australian salt flats) ...

Barleigh Ranch has been talking about building a pitbike track for quite a while now ... it hasn't happened yet so I 'aint holding my breath any longer ...

It's hard to take racing seriously in NSW due to such factors as the example above ...

i think people had plenty of notice for the nsw rides day... approx 1 month, maybe more.. they didnt have too much time on there hands as race event dates werent set and they didnt want the event to clash..

but seriously if ya keen ya keen its that simple. all these BS excuses only work for so long.

and as to the no prac tracks, you'd be surprised how many private tracks are around..

NO BS excuses at all ... Where ARE these tracks ? ... It's the commentators from other states who are full of sh*t ... DHZ will know I've spent a heap of cash with them over the years ...

brad you are doin an awsome job and if i had the skil you did i would really try to get into getting all these meets happening and riding them of course

im just getting really bumd that i missed the season last year nd pumped my self up for this year but its not happening then it is then it isnt
maybe instead of all the shops havn a stab at one another come together and try and sort a series out that helps everyone im to affraid that this sport is comn to an end

all in all every shop are doin a great job in every aspect and i feel for brad when he puts all this effort in and doesnt get a decent turn out cheers mate i know this is your passion as well and you dont want it to end just as much as the racers dont

Could forming a club of some description solve the problem?

It has helped with mini motard and pocket bikes in Victoria, a bunch of people with the same vision and we now have monthly races and just finished the National titles at Philip Island.

It has taken 5 years of hard work and many many unpaid hours.... but there is regular, formal, MA sanctioned and insured races.

Just a thought......

it doesnt matter how much the racing is its a passion for me and if i had to fund the whole season i would but thats just because i love the sport for all you people complaining about the cost get into flying kites its an expensive sport you knoew this when you started

i think it should be u pay up front like hri rounds i know it hard but if u love riding u willbrad does unreall job and so do everyone else i dont know behind the scenes i have raced now for the past 3 yrs done stock limited and 10inch i dont care if im first or last id rather have fun racing bar bashing with guys racing then anything i have met some of the nicest guys from racing such as brad russell riche nowland mark attard geoff hutchkis these i wouldnt never of met unless it was from racing i enjoy going see these guys saying hello i have became good friends with brad thru racing whenever there is race on i try and get as many of my frieds to race nationals was fin last yr id like to see the series be called nationals if there is one and split over the states vic nsw and qld would have ncie mix of tracks but let just relax and think about why we al do this it just for fun boys at the end day and if brad doesnt hold another series i wouldnt hold one thing against him as he has done so much same what matt haliday did with hri thank u and hope more people turn up and have some fun bar bashing as there is nothing like 30 stockers going into the first turn that was the best fun i have had on mini bike

It'll happen in time ... NSW is years behind every other state with new track proposals getting knocked back all the time ...

In most cases it's councils and whinging home owners blocking tracks from being built ... I'm in the process of moving back to Sydney where at least you can legally free ride at Pacific Park ... but even there you have to muffle a loud pitbike down ... Most people simply go to a bigger Jap bike ... Everyone I know has ...

Pitbikes weren't allowed on the MX track or the small flat track at Barleigh Ranch ... You had to ride on the big flat track and take turns in between the bigger bikes every 20 minutes like a little kiddie waiting for a circus ride ...

dont know were u have been cactus jack but last years racing was posted up in feb 2 months before the racing started as for know place to ride there are alot of places to go,get an ma lic u can ride anywhere they have practice days in the hunter b asically every weekend,minifighter is also doing ride days as well and mx central will also have a mini track we r going to build once the mx nationals are over at that venue so u will be able to ride there as well without ma

dont forget freeflight and louee no MA license required

NO BS excuses at all ... Where ARE these tracks ? ... It's the commentators from other states who are full of sh*t ... DHZ will know I've spent a heap of cash with them over the years ...

yep us qld'ers know diddly squat..

the tracks are out there, there called private for a reason... but if your part of a certain group of people then no doubt you get invited and what not..

Well how about posting up the locations and details of all these other "pitbike friendly" free ride and practice places in the Hunter as well as legal places to ride in NSW ... Most people don't know they exist ... if people could practice locally they'd get interested in racing ...

they are the race tracks it is the only places to ride legal as well as louee freflight and the places that are private most people cant ride cause of the fear of getting sued

Latest posts

Back