Bike CHOICE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aren't you the same dude that tried to rip me off with a set of tyres?? saying that you sent them and told me to send the money but i never got any tyres and you never got any money!

and if your looking for a R1 or a RM 250.. then why did you come to a pitbike, mini bike, thumpstar forum????

i wouldnt mind knowing where he is going to ride these road bikes haha...

ha ha, probably the same place as DHZ140cc rode his...
On the streets Yo, cause he's hardcore ghetto smurf gangsta killa like that.

Lets hope it's not how he rolls... *giggle*

ha ha, probably the same place as DHZ140cc rode his...
On the streets Yo, cause he's hardcore ghetto smurf gangsta killa like that.

Lets hope it's not how he rolls... *giggle*

well if that's the case, hes the type that ends up tangled in a bull bar some where.
or giving young guys with motorbikes a bad name.

lol tyd its the other way around mate u ripped me off send the tyres idiot u dident send the money...and tyd stfu and go ride ur monkey bikes...and tyd its in genaral chat its WHERE YOU TALK ABOUT ANY THING in general;)

why does the r1 keep comming up if u dident see what i said above iv moved down to a 250...and yes i understand its a road bike but the rm 250 would have more power than the the cbr i want soo dunno why do use keep complaining...and the road bike im not to sure where i would ride it my self (for now) but the rm would be riden of private property.. could any 1 suggest another place the ride the dirt bike? in the ACT....and yes i am moving from a thumpstar.. i have had 2 rides on it and have never riden a dirt bike b4 and im sick of the power same thing always happens and i wont be abel to move to anything bigger for a while when i do end up getting my disired bike.....so i would rater buy a powerfull bike than get some slow thing that i cant upgrade to anything bigger for another year..

and yeh i understand the consequences of riding a fast motor bike, and i also hate when u see idiots in the news papers dying from motorbike crashes because of stupidity "but" im not saying that i will never do something im not supposed to do, and if i do i will still be cautious with what im doing. and lets face it i seriously doubt that you have never started you bike and gone up and down the street to test a new exhaust out or something....becides i never leave the house when riding my 125 without a helmet at the minimum and the thing isent fast.....iv lived with people that ride bikes my whole life and the storys you hear are not pritty and i am always remined what the dangers are;)

um... christ, where do you start trying to suggest something intelligent to someone...
K3pdmn.... You state you have ridden the thumpstar twice, and have never ridden a dirt bike before, a two stroke 250 mxer is NOT the bike for you... you may think you can handle the power, but trust me, you will NOT. i'm not bagging or flaming you, but trust me, a 2 stroke mx 250 is waaaay too much bike for a complete beginner. a bike weighing less the 100kg, and pumping out nearly 50hp will kill you, and you will learn nothing. It's not to say you suck, are a complete noob who has no right on a dirt bike, or anything like that...
look at it this way... Would you realistically suggest that a 16 year old kid who has just got his L's, to go out and buy a 500hp Nissan GT-R, HSV Clubsport or something equally as performance orientated, for their first vehicle...?? No.. if you made a responsible, logical suggestion, you would suggest they learn to drive in a low powered, easily handled 4 cylinder car... Why? because a highpowered weapon would be too much car, and detrimental to their health... Same goes for you hopping off a 125 thumpstar, onto a RM250.... straight line, yes, your thumpstar may feel a little underpowered... but i guarantee you arent using every ounce of it's power in every situation... the other thing is, they can be modified to be more powerful. EG: i own a 140cc fourstroke pitbike. it's highly modified, is dynoed at around 10hp at the tyre, and is an absolute handful to ride... At times, it is too powerful..
now before you tell me i must be bad rider, i've been riding for 27 years, and raced competitively at state level motocross for a few of them... So yes, i know how to ride.... And further, with all my years riding, my 400 and 450 YZF's, which are about the same performance wise as an RM250, are at times too powerful, and still manage to scare the bejesus out of me...
Buying such a high performance bike will be detrimental to not only your health, but you wont learn to ride it. It will be basically, too much bike, and will beat you up, and make you unhappy riding it, before you can learn to ride it properly. in other words you would be wasting your money... cause you'll end up with an expensive bike sitting in the shed you dont want to ride, cause it scares the shit out of you...
And before you say No i wont, i've seen it happen plenty of times with noobs... they decide they wanna ride dirt, and regardless of intelligent suggestions, they go out and buy a new 250 2 stroke, or 450 fourstroke. they ride it, poo their pants when it comes on the pipe, their skills dont improve, they get resentful towards it, and sell it...
so basically, your thread should have started as thus:
Hi! I've just started riding, and would like a bike slightly better suited to me than a 125 pitbike. I'm such and such tall, i weigh so much, and i am a novice rider. Can any of you suggest a suitable bike for me??
Then the more experienced and responsible of us senior members would probably say something along the lines of:
Try a Yamaha TTR250, Honda XR250, Kawasaki KLX250 or Honda CRF230. They are all strong reliable entry level bikes, that are still capable of reasonable performance. They are relatively cheap to buy, and hold a good resale value. For the new owner, their maintenance schedule is pretty forgiving, and they are simple bikes to ride, and will encourage you to learn riding skills much quicker than a higher performance bike... If you think a "basic" 250cc fourstroke trailbike is going to be too slow for you, do yourself a favour and look at the videos of my Blitz in action... this is a "cheap shitty" chinese 4 stroke 250, generally regarded as a much lower standard bike than a TTR or XR... The vid is proof that these things can move quickly... a bikes speed, predominantly comes from the rider on it, not the amount of horsepower it puts out... IE: Me on my Blitz, will still whip you on an RM250, no matter what the track...
Mate i'm not trying to put you down, or anything like that. I'm trying to suggest the most logical and suitable bike for your age, size, experience and riding skill, and also a bike that will encourage you and allow your skills to improve... An RM250 IS NOT THE BIKE FOR YOU...
If you still dont really wanna listen, Then the "maximum" bike i would suggest for you, is possibly a two stroke 125 jap mxer, or *maybe* a bike like the Yamaha WRF250, which will still be more bike than you can handle. Again, not to say you are a crap rider, purely that you are inexperienced, by your own admission..
Now, if you still think you want a RM250 or R1, then i go back to my original statement, that you sir, may be a little bit full of shit.... ;)

and yeh i understand the consequences of riding a fast motor bike, and i also hate when u see idiots in the news papers dying from motorbike crashes because of stupidity "but" im not saying that i will never do something im not supposed to do, and if i do i will still be cautious with what im doing. and lets face it i seriously doubt that you have never started you bike and gone up and down the street to test a new exhaust out or something....becides i never leave the house when riding my 125 without a helmet at the minimum and the thing isent fast.....iv lived with people that ride bikes my whole life and the storys you hear are not pritty and i am always remined what the dangers are;)
Yes we're all guilty of a quick squirt up the street illegally... however, a quick squirt is a little less serious than suiting up and taking a road bike out on the road when you arent licensed, and donning a helmet does not make it ok to take the thumpstar out for squirt through the local parklands, or cut a few hoops at the Kmart carpark...
Stupid is, as stupid does sir... perhaps listen to the people around you who feed you these horror stories about bikes, and learn from them, as opposed to the "it wont happen to me" mentality... Be aware of the dangers, but dont go out and put yourself on the line regardless of what you're told...
Sorry mate, but illegal riding isnt exactly encouraged on here, quite the opposite, as it kills our sport, shuts down our riding areas, and gives those of us obeying the laws a bad name... we need all the help we can get, not the bad press...
and tyd its in genaral chat its WHERE YOU TALK ABOUT ANY THING in general;)

lol it's only in general, cause I-Thump moved it here... you posted it in minibike reviews.... lol.. pwned.. ;)

after reading wat riding experience you have id have to totally agree that a 2 stroke mx 250 is way too much for you to handle, and youll get to the stage where youll be too scared to ride it the way its suppose to be ridden.

my advise....go test ride a CRF150F or a CRF150RB...youll be surprised how much you will like it

hahah friken thump had to mention that:p

seeeeeee now where getting somewhere....ok what u mentioed about the second time means nothing as i have have mentioned the same thing but in diffrent words..i am not incourage and have not mentioned it anywhere in my postes......soooo back to bikes 250cc 2 stroke bikes are 2 quick ayy...the thing im worred about is i get told its to fast and all that and 1 month later im sick of it i dont have the room for mistakes this time as im spending money and i will definatly not have 1 for atleast for another year sooo what if i do get the 250 and after a few months i get over the power huh im stuck with it for another 12 or more months.....i know i may not be experienced and have been told that a 250cc 2 stroke will be 2 power full but if i shit my self for a longer time i will be into it for longer....and i dought i will not ride it cause of to much power even though it proberbly will be;):p

so im kinda in a sticky situation.....umm any 1 know if you can ride the 250 road bike at Fairbairn Park i cant find much info:(

and dont accuse me of thinking im a hard cunt cause the most to date that i have spent on a steet is roughly 2 min and that was to test the clutch...soo dont call me shit if u dont know me..

soo thump gw and keep helping

^^^^yaha... 250 2 strokes are bikes you build up, not something you just decide you are going to ride... unless you like the puckered feeling, and hospital bills. :D

hahah...soz dident read what use said to me friken 10 min the type what i typed above...ok soo if 250 is out of the question what is the next above the 125 2 stoke or is it the 250??

hahah friken thump had to mention that:p

seeeeeee now where getting somewhere....ok what u mentioed about the second time means nothing as i have have mentioned the same thing but in diffrent words..i am not incourage and have not mentioned it anywhere in my postes......soooo back to bikes 250cc 2 stroke bikes are 2 quick ayy...the thing im worred about is i get told its to fast and all that and 1 month later im sick of it i dont have the room for mistakes this time as im spending money and i will definatly not have 1 for atleast for another year sooo what if i do get the 250 and after a few months i get over the power huh im stuck with it for another 12 or more months.....i know i may not be experienced and have been told that a 250cc 2 stroke will be 2 power full but if i shit my self for a longer time i will be into it for longer....and i dought i will not ride it cause of to much power even though it proberbly will be;):p

so im kinda in a sticky situation.....umm any 1 know if you can ride the 250 road bike at Fairbairn Park i cant find much info:(

and dont accuse me of thinking im a hard cunt cause the most to date that i have spent on a steet is roughly 2 min and that was to test the clutch...soo dont call me shit if u dont know me..

soo thump gw and keep helping

ha ha, the "full of shit" comment was made tongue in cheek, if you decided to ignore sensible suggestions... oh, and dont use the C-Bomb on the forum, or i'll ban you.. :D
Now, i'll say it again. i'll even put it in big bold letters.
A 250CC 2-STROKE IS TOO MUCH BIKE FOR A BEGINNER. YOU WILL LEARN NOTHING BY RIDING IT. IF YOU THINK YOU WILL GET BORED ON A 250CC TRAILBIKE, THEN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THEY ARE COMPETITIVE IN OFFROAD SITUATIONS????
Now, as i stated before, as your riding skills increase, you will be able to ride the bike faster and faster. if you say you will be able to replace it in a year, (i'd still like to know where a 15 year old kid gets a lazy 8K to buy a new dirtbike), then use the 250 traillie for a year to actually develop some riding skills, and THEN upgrade to a 250 2 stroke. I doubt you will learn enough in a year, to fully warrant a 250 2 stroke, but at least you wont kill yourself in the meantime....
Mate, we're not suggesting a bike like a 250cc traillie for the fun of it. we're suggesting it from experience, and the fact that older guys like myself, I-Thump and Sean01 may actually know what we're on about, and have been around the sport long enough to see what happens to beginners on high performance mxers, and how quickly they sell them once they either get scared, or get hurt...
You say if it scares you, you will like it more, and stick with it longer. Unless you are completely different to every other noob rider i've known, No, you wont... Trust me, if it's too much bike, and constantly scares you, hurts you, and limits your learning and skill development, you will hate it, and sell it...
If you really do have all this money, then buy a 250 traillie, or CRF150 like sean01 suggested, get some riding skills, learn how to ride and maintain a bike, save some cash in the meantime, when apparently in another year you will have another 8K to blow on a bike, and get an open class mxer then....

Now mate, if you still want to argue, or still believe that an RM250 or similar bike is for you, stop wasting the time in this thread... No one here is going to suggest you go out and get a bike that is completely unsuitable for you.... if you wanna listen, and discuss bikes that ARE actually suitable, by all means, continue this thread... If you arent going to listen, and still argue a 250 2 stroke is your russian roulette of choice, i'll delete the thread as being pointless...
at the end of the day, this is a forum about minibikes, not open class mx bikes for noobs... ;)
Up to you buddy.. we're here to help, but only to those who want it, and those who listen.. if you think i'm up on my high horse, ask a few other members what bike you should get... i'm pretty sure they'll agree with me.
Othewise, we may just have to dub thee MV24 V2.0

hahah...soz dident read what use said to me friken 10 min the type what i typed above...ok soo if 250 is out of the question what is the next above the 125 2 stoke or is it the 250??

ok, if you are still totally against a 250 trail bike, or a crf150, then the absolute maximum i would consider at your age and skill, would be a 125 two stroke...
Whilst they can be kinda forgiving, and not overly powerful, they can also be bloody fast in the right hands, and basically, the 125 two stroke is probably the best balance for learning to ride, and a bike that will encourage a steep learning curve as far as riding skill goes....
I really wouldnt consider a 250F, (fourstroke) as the cost and maintenance is probably not something a 15 year old can handle.. They arent cheap to maintain, and the maintenance is complicated..
If you really wanna bike that is both reasonably quick, but still allows you to learn without killing you, go no bigger than a 125 2 stroke mxer...
The Yamaha YZ125 is a great allrounder, and is probably the more popular of the 125's out there...
seriously mate, dont consider anything bigger, you will not be doing yourself a favour.. :)

jezzz i mentioned above that the 250 is out of the question....i would like the 125cc 2 stroke how quick would it be compared to the crf150?? if that is also 2 quick how quick is the crf150??

lol was typing while u posted the messige above:again:D

so what is the rage of 125cc 2 stroke dirt bikes?

125 to bannger will smash a 150f race bike the 85cc bet the 150f race bikes, the 125cc will be up there with the 250f

lol ok well then i have have decided that i will get a 125 2-banger...but now which 1:p soo sean and tump and mp guy give me suggestions..tump u mentioned the yz what are the other 1ns what are the quicker/slower and more reliable/non reliable 1ns??

ahhh, mate all 125 2 bangger are pritty much same no big difference, manly your personal preference, that of course if there same model like a 1992 125 ant gonna keep up with a 08, unless its had work ect. thump only said yz cause he has a yzf, like im gunna say get a KX125 :) cause i rider a KXF250, my opinion, go have a ride on a couple and just see what you like best :)

Latest posts

Back