Braaap Pro 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Oko Hex jets are the same, but aren't as accurate/perfect in jet sizings as keihins.
Show and Go down the road from me have the genuine Keihin ones in stock if you get stuck.
They sell them for about $12 each, and will drop to $8 each
if you buy 4 or more

Let me know if you want some, i can pick them up and post em if you need.

legend thanks craig. what do you think of this plug? it wasnt new when i did the chop test but i thought it would still give me a indication of how im looking jetting wise... had a hard time getting a good picture of the colour, id say its a weak coffee colour, definately not white or black around the electrode/tip whatever its called

thats with the 130 main in it, and 1 3/4 turns out on the a/f screw

so im leaning towards it actually being slightly lean atm, i think the tip should be darker in colour..... not what i expected with the 130 main...

how well is the carby setup though?
does it rev sweet from idle to 1/4, 1/4 to 1/2, 1/2 to 3/4, 3/4 to wot ?

does it drop off sort of thing, and takes a few more revs to pick up at any stage ?

here is Ngks' chart,

sparkplug_tech_030.jpg

NGKs plug that has been run on a good mixture setting

sparkplug_tech_024.jpg

i think i need a bigger pilot, it has a 40 in it atm but it has a hesitation if you go to blip rev it, its a little hard to tell how clean it revs on the stand at set throttle input as its bloody tricky to hold it at any exact throttle input because of the ycf joker style throttle... i wound the idle screw in to tune the a/f screw but it was hard to get real sweet ( guessing because of the pilot jet) but to ride it, it feels like it revs quite well above 1/4 throttle

looking at the chart you posted tho craig, my plug looks like maybe a mix of the bottom left and the middle left. i will have to get another plug and do it properly.

its always better to run a little richer than leaner i've thought. but you cant run too rich, it'll lead to bore washing, where all the excess fuel runs into your oil, thining it out, providing less quality lubrication to bearings, etc. i have always tried to tune a tad on the rich side, you can usually find a happy spot where it wont backfire out the exhaust, and will still rev cleanly.

it's a bit hard to see the spark plug tip in your photo

if you put the plug on a piece of white paper, and hold the camera back a bit, then zoom in on the tip it might get a better shot

see i get a heap of backfiring upon de acceleration so i must be running fairly rich. but the plug tip doesnt look so rich to me, more on the leaner side...... i do no i dont have any vacuum/air leaks ive tested for those, and it has a fresh exhaust gasket in it to. im thinking i need from 102 to 110 for the 160 and oko and maybe a 116, 120 and 125 for this bike. quite a wide range of jets really lol

im only using the spray can oil, but i oil both stages of the filter and its sticky to touch, definitely not over oiled but i would say well oiled

oh ok, sometimes if your running a little lean, you can just put a bit more oil in your filter, and it'll richen the mixture out.

so do you have a #125 jet on order ?
i have an OKO one here i'll send you if you want it?

i havnt got any new jets ordered after the muck up last time. tbh i dont have the cash atm anyway, i had to spend it all to save my young boys finger......... he had a tangle with a stick mixer and took his middle finger off at the joint. wait till ive got some money and i might get you to grab a few jets from the shop near you

i havnt got any new jets ordered after the muck up last time. tbh i dont have the cash atm anyway, i had to spend it all to save my young boys finger......... he had a tangle with a stick mixer and took his middle finger off at the joint. wait till ive got some money and i might get you to grab a few jets from the shop near you

Ouch....at least he's still got 9 more good ones....

Hang on have you only got 9 fingers to blender? Lulz!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

me 9 fingers? idk where you heard that! i've ripped a few fingernails off though, i drilled through a piece of .95mm gal iron at school with a 13mm drillbit, and of course i was dumb enough to hold it with my hand, and go at full speed, lol...

ripped my thumbnail clean off....

he is a lefty, and his whole left hand is in a cast with titanium rods and screws holding the end of his finger on, was a VERY hectic day...... i will say the new kenwood kmix tri blade mixer is very effective at cutting bone, went through his finger like butter the poor boy

Latest posts

Back