Brendo's 140 Build (heaps of pictures)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and a video of what the capacitor can do for your spark

[video=youtube;tdaN4z8LuQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdaN4z8LuQg[/video]

Thats sweet Craig i might buy one of those I-Kat setups to try out thanks for the link mate.

But the NGK adaptor i have here has no such device inside it i was really hoping it did then i wouldn't have to spend and cash ha ha

Thats sweet Craig i might buy one of those I-Kat setups to try out thanks for the link mate.
But the NGK adaptor i have here has no such device inside it i was really hoping it did then i wouldn't have to spend and cash ha ha

my booster came with my Splitfire lead.

nick,
i only did a quick search for the spark boosters, there may be cheaper ones around though ?
the I-Kat booster retailed for around $175 when they first released it !

and with the video link,
i will have a look through my old mans components at some stage soon,
i think he has some of those high voltage (30,000volt) capacitors and i will make up a couple of kits to try out.

my booster came with my Splitfire lead.

nick,
i only did a quick search for the spark boosters, there may be cheaper ones around though ?
the I-Kat booster retailed for around $175 when they first released it !

and with the video link,
i will have a look through my old mans components at some stage soon,
i think he has some of those high voltage (30,000volt) capacitors and i will make up a couple of kits to try out.

I just had a quick search and yeah the bloody pricey ! If you make something up id be more than happy to try one out . The I-kat , I-booster is nice and compact and comes with a really nice fat lead too and from what i can make out the F3 version is more or less optimised for up to 200cc which would be spot on for the 190cc

Theres a few other ones out there I've read mix results on different forums , some ppl swear by them and others say its a gimmick and does nothing im open to the idea and would def give it a go .

Anyway sorry 8r3nd0 massive thread hijack going on back to topic mate .... Once again that bike is amazing mate keep up the good work , cant wait to see the twin pc's bud !

Yeah geez guys get your own thread haha na really I don't care at all I just sit back and reap the knowledge without having to look for it myself haha, so go for it.
& yeah I'm gonna go for the twin setup I know it's gonna weigh me down but I don't race so just want to do it for the looks, ****s and giggles and experience of it, something different you know. It has been done before but hey.
Oh and by the way the adapter is the one that came with the splitfire lead the adapter is bigger in size compared to the ngk one that i have and has a little box kind of section in the middle so I'm guess that Craig you are right but anyways thanks for all the knowledge and thought provoking mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I had some pipe laying around so decided to figure out the best direction to go with this dual pro-circuit setup and sorted out the angles so I can limit the amount of wastage when it comes time to actually bending the pipe up.
a4yry2an.jpg

8u4apu5y.jpg

I've also got to change the mounting brackets on the subframe to allow for some extra bends on both sides.
Ill hopefully get something made up by the weeks end, keep yas posted.

Yeah cheers mate Im hoping so, my mate has just bought himself a tig welder and his got some stainless mandrels so it's gonna be done properly with no kinks and that, that you get from bending, fingers crossed.
Also lad I honestly forgot about the rim tape last week but I promise will get it to ya this week, I know ya said take your time but I like to just get stuff done I hate having to apologize for forgetting stuff.

how do you find the dnm shock over the standard have been looking for a while now at them as my standard one is more like a pogo stick the dnm like the one on your bike is about $300 here so was looking at a fastace one ?http://www.nzmotorfactory.co.nz/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=NZMotor-productsA.tpl&product_id=268&category_id=51&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Hey mate the dnm is awesome it is worlds better than stock and has so many different settings I love it, I don't know much about the fastaces but have been told that they can bend and even snap. I haven't heard anything bad about the dnm and can only say good stuff about it. I got mine second hand of a bloke but $300 is a bit steep if you ask me DHZ have the same one ive got for $200 or the 280mm remote reservoir for $180 so you could see if they would post to you or keep an eye out on eBay. Just make sure to get the right length at the end of the day go for the dnm in my honest opinion.

thats 300 nzd not us dollar but its still cheaper on dhz not sure though with shipping thats what normally gets me buying things from overseas what kind of riding do you do on yours ?

Oh yeah forgot about the conversion rate and postage can be a killer.
I ride all sorts mainly trails but have maybe a 15 to 18 foot jump at work and a couple of others on a property a bloke owns, basically all round stuff.
I don't race but I'm sure it's up to the task, other guys will vouch for that. What bike would it be going into and what do you ride mainly?

Alright I need some tips, thoughts, ideas, anything really.
No moto shops want to touch my elka which had a leaking clicker, I've pulled the shock down and pulled the clicker out, cleaned it and the o-ring, whick needs replacing I can do all this but I'm stumped on how to replace the oil and purge the air out. I know I have to deflate the bladder and all that I just don't know how to get the oil in there haha.
Does anyone know how to open up the reservoir and replace the oil?

e3a4a7ym.jpg

upusavad.jpg

Last edited:
Iv so lost track with all your work on everything frekn awesome dude seriously and a what now ,??!! Duel pro circuit ??

Oh yeah forgot about the conversion rate and postage can be a killer.
I ride all sorts mainly trails but have maybe a 15 to 18 foot jump at work and a couple of others on a property a bloke owns, basically all round stuff.
I don't race but I'm sure it's up to the task, other guys will vouch for that. What bike would it be going into and what do you ride mainly?

its going in to a forza 140 http://www.nzmotorfactory.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&y=$1,199&nm=FORZA%20140 i know its nothing flash does the job though ive changed the plastics and front sprocket tried after market cdis burnt them out in about 2 rides so back to the standard one, we ride mostly bush clay and rocks the last ride we did we went up and down the rock garden think extreme enduro haha

sorry for the thread hijack again, :damnmate:

i know its nothing flash does the job though ive changed the plastics and front sprocket tried after market cdis burnt them out in about 2 rides so back to the standard one, we ride mostly bush clay and rocks the last ride we did we went up and down the rock garden think extreme enduro haha

maybe try an Outer Rotor kit on it, they are the best bang for buck

less chance of breaking a kickstart shaft, or gears, engines rev a bit quicker, and you will have adjustable ignition timing as well.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Performa..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item232abcfb46&_uhb=1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back