Brendo's 190 Anima LXR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you should have a crack at doing a tank not just the covers..
im kinda liking it... thinking about an exhaust cover thingy with the miniriders logo on it that would be sweet!!

I see the tank is serving a good purpose brother I'm glad it got to you before the weekend too looking sweet as !

except for the quote at the top of their page-

Our inventory suggests this item may temporarily be out of stock.
Please email [email protected] for current stock levels, or expected arrival time.

They're out of stock fellas I've all ready hassled the crap out of Vince and add $70 postage to the $155 plastics.

brendo are you using a laminating resin with hardener ?
watch out for that MEPK, it will burn your eyes etc if you get it on your fingers then wipe your face.

i use a UV cure Resin, you lay it on in the shade or inside, then when you are ready to dry it,.
you just put it in the sun, in 5 mins it is starting to set, an hour or so and it's hard.
it is good stuff as you don't have to worry about it going off in 5-10 mins

how long are you leaving it to cure once you have laid up the mould, and are you bracing it with wood/ alloy to hold the shape
it will need to be 5 or 6 layers layers thick if you want it to last too.

Hey mate this is basically the first time fiberglassing just using what a bloke at work has for make surfboards so not to sure about all the different kinds of resins and techniques.
I'm going three layers of glass, wait a full 24hrs then pop it off the tank then I'll be boxing it up with timber if it works if not I was just going to clean it up and carbon skin it. Here's a pic of some of the stuff I'm using.
u7ymyban.jpg

loco i could,
but neither of my carbon kits arrived, my payment was refunded.
the other problem is i'd need the pipe, that makes things too hard/expensive with post etc

and remember this is brendos' build thread, dont get too off topic

so did you use the PVA as a release agent ?
if you want to use the mould to make a few covers, i would go another couple of layers just to make it more solid, so 5 or 6 layers thick.
i would let it cure, then fibreglass some wood or other supports to it to make it hold its shape better.
a thinner mould can warp when the heat of the hardening fibreglass starts

it might be ok if you mixing the resin/hardener 100/1

the MEKP i mentioned before is the Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (hardener)

is that Diggers resin/catalyst from Bunnings?

Getting there, thinking this will be a once off now. I can see the value in carbon parts if there not done with vacuum molding its a time consuming biatch.
Anyways still have to trim, wet and dry, topcoat and polish it but here it is so far.

syreta5a.jpg

bevumu8e.jpg

Cheers Zac got it all sanded back and trimmed up perfect just got to do one more top coat hopefully the polish it up, damn I'm skilled haha pretty happy for the first time fiberglassing/carbon fibering ever.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382249822.571376.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382249801.518553.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382249844.543598.jpg

Far out mate turned out so nice ... Me next ill pay in advance :first:

Where did you get the carbon fiber tip for your yoshi? Iv got the same pipe but want that tip!

Latest posts

Back