Carby Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the other three screws back in to it and tighten them but not super tight. It may take some pressure of the stuck screw. You will find that with three removed the bowl will a slight angle to it, this is cuased by the stuck screw pushing it to the carby. Try what i said, it may work, it has for me in the past

I used a ghetto method with a pair of snub nose pliers when i had the exact same thing happen to me, gripped it and let rip, only took me a couple of shots to get it. But dont expect the screw to be in top condition after. If all else fails give it a shot.

Could A Bigger Main And Or Pilot Jet Fix This?????? Problem

I ordered these jets(Mikuni 22mm Jet Kit - Pit Bike Engine Parts - CARBS and JETS - TRC-1370 - TBolt USA, LLC) for this carb(MIKUNI 26 MM CARBURETOR CARB XR CRF 50 SDG KLX 110 BIKE | eBay). But before I bought this carb I had this problem->>>Pitbike Throttle Problem - YouTube
I installed the new carb in the link on ebay and still had the same problem. Could the jets I ordered and adjusting ahe needle clip thingy solve this problem? also how exactly do I adjust this needle clip thingy?

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing.. That carb is really a 22mm I just bought the same one.. But anyways you need to move the C-clip on the needle to the last slot on the needle and see if that helps. I did that and it helped..

Mine did the same thing.. That carb is really a 22mm I just bought the same one.. But anyways you need to move the C-clip on the needle to the last slot on the needle and see if that helps. I did that and it helped..

I dont know where the clip is and how do I move it? Please help

When your having troubles with your bike and making changes only ever make 1 change at a time.
It will make it easier as a noobie to understand what each adjusment is doing and will also prevent you from making a small problem big.
Try your mixture screw first and that will give you an idea of whats going on. i.e if it winds all the way in and still runs its too rich.

doesn't winding the mixture screw in, make it richer ?

I dont know where the clip is and how do I move it? Please help

the clip is the little clip on the top of the slides' needle.
remove the top off the carby, and pull the slide out the top.
compress the spring into the carby cap, and unhook the cable from the slide.
there will be another small clip holding the needle into the slide, remove that and then the needle can come out through the top.
on the top of the needle there are 5x slots, the clip is usually fitted in the middle slot.
raising the clip will give you a leaner mixture, lowering the clip will make it richer.

also remember when you go to reassemble the carby,
make sure the slotted side of the slide, goes on the opposite side of the carby to the idle speed screw.

Which Way Is For What On The Fuel Mixture Screw?

Which Way Is For What On The Fuel Mixture Screw?? Is In Making It Richer And Out Making It Leaner? Or The Opposite?

It can actually depend on what carbie you have. From memory you bought a 26mm mikuni. This has a fuel screw not a air screw. So by turning the screw in you are leaning the mixture and by turning out you are richening the mixture.

Dom

Mate I think that is one of the knock offs. I would put my time and money elsewhere.
Buy a carbie from a reputable bike shop and be done with it. I have tried to tune the knock off carbies before and they are no good mate.

This is just my 2 cents.
Dom

Mate I think that is one of the knock offs. I would put my time and money elsewhere.
Buy a carbie from a reputable bike shop and be done with it. I have tried to tune the knock off carbies before and they are no good mate.

This is just my 2 cents.
Dom

Damn, But I Dont Get It, How Can You Tell? It Says Mikuni On It Though, Based On Looks What Do People See When They Say Its A Knockoff?

here is a genuine Mikuni manual, it will look different to yours, but work much the same
it has some troubleshooting tips
have a read down on page 14, see if that helps you at all
http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back