clutch noise

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes at a very low idle you will get what seems to be a knock sound, if you adjust the idle up without it seeming like the idle is to high does the noise still remain?

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

Went in and seen the dude at my local pitty shop and let him know about the noise and he's quite happy to have a look at it

Might have to check the slinger Dave, it may have twisted at the join or the castle but may have come loose.

There is a tool to tighten and loosen the clutch and slinger nuts, but after doing it for so long i have a good knack of doing it with a long flat head screwdriver and a swift hit with the hammer, alot of people recommend the tool and a lot recommend the screwdriver, done right it can be effective. You may need an impact screwdriver to undo the slinger plate screws to get to the slinger nut, torque settings im not sure but it gets done tight but not stupid tight until the engine breaks in half lol. The thread is a normal thread so anticlockwise to loosen.

is the clutch basket warn out with slop? mine makes a similar noise because i installed a warn out clutch basket

Lefty loosey righty tighty lol! Yeah I got a impact driver might suss it all out tomorrow, I'm sure ill figure it out it
zwebx the motors new maybe done 20 hrs if that so it shouldn't be to worn

Sorry dave i just realised it is a 125cc, it wont have a slinger(thought it was a 140), so the clutch nut may have come loose, my bad soz mate.

i dident see that :) sweet im going to make my clutch like new again

My clutch is on the front of the motor (won't start in any gear) are they all the same setup?

Last edited:
They are different, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NE...ries&hash=item41710d3907&_uhb=1#ht_2015wt_952
This is the clutch in your bike, I do believe there is a rubber setup in your clutch but is completely different to the rubbers in mention for the 5 plate start in any gear clutch and on the link you will see the 4 springs on the top of the clutch kit also that helps with dampening the abuse on the clutch, id pull the side case off first and have a good look as in the link you can see the plate that you remove to tighten or loosen the clutch nut.

the 125's still have a countershaft flywheel/primary gear though mick,
the noise could be coming from that too, or as you've mentioned, possibly a loose clutch nut.
the only way to tell is to pull it apart

Is there a HD alternative?
you guys are heaps more help than my local pit bike store

Last edited:
the 125's still have a countershaft flywheel/primary gear though mick,
the noise could be coming from that too, or as you've mentioned, possibly a loose clutch nut.
the only way to tell is to pull it apart

Na all good mate, was just answering the clutch question as the link only explains the start in any gear clutch, could def be the countershaft flywheel though as the rubbers in there could be flogged, i have seen a couple go but not as frequent as the start in any gear clutches and at 20 hrs old i thought surely it could not have pooed itself yet. But dave heres a pic of the rubber setup in your particular engine.
20130324_112248_zpsc3a711e6.jpg

Latest posts

Back