clutch noise

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah all good,
i didn't make it too clear that one type has the rubbers in the gear on the back of the clutch,
the other (125 type) has the gear driven off the clutch on the crankshaft.

i agree on that the rubbers shouldn't be dead yet on a low hour motor, but it's another place to look if the clutch nut is still tight.
no doubt that there would be some clutches assembled with missing washers/spacers etc too

For sure craig, could you imagine the quality contol in china lol, when we get a shipment of bikes and quads you know which side of the production line was the lazy bugger, all the bolts are finger tight and the clingwrap is left on the plastics and then bolted on requiring the plastics to be loosened and the wrap removed while the other side is all good lol.

Hey dave if the clutch counter rubbers are crap and damaged i can get you a really good condition 2nd hand one(still china) for post and handling only mate.

Might be getting a yx 160 better than lifan?
Hell yeah, go one better and grab a 155z/160ho, just my opinion but i like the gear ratios better and it still takes all the TB goodies.

That nut on the clutch isn't coming off I've had a big chisel and big flathead screwdriver she won't budge

Bloody Joshy better look after you lol. YX donks are still f'n awesome mate, sounds like you may need the proper tool to remove the clutch mate, even with the tool I have seen the thread come off with the nut, but only once. All because China used what they call gluewater (loctite lol).

I was gunna hit it with some head but don't want to **** the clutch
and ill have to do some saving to get that motor hopefully the motor won't sell before I can get my hands on it

Na it's ok Dave, best to wait for the tool though mate. There is an art to it but some are really tight lad. If it's that motor Joshy mentioned can you just pay it off, but if you need any 125 parts cheap as don't hesitate to ask. Did you also check the flywheel did not come loose as I have had that before and the noise was coming from the flywheel slapping on the keyway, worth a look.

Flywheel slides maybe 2mm on the wharf is that to much movement?(but not touching anything)

Wharf?? The flywheel should only move with the crank, any other movement in and out or slipping on the crank is not good.

It must be loose if it's sliding Dave.

Nah sorry I'm talking about the big gear that runs off the clutch to the gearbox that's held on with the circlip flywheel is solid sorry got on the piss lastnight lol (I don't drink often)

Last edited:
Haha, all good Dave, the flywheel is on the otherside lol(just teasn) so the flywheel is tight?

:hail::hail::hail:
Na it's ok Dave, best to wait for the tool though mate. There is an art to it but some are really tight lad. If it's that motor Joshy mentioned can you just pay it off, but if you need any 125 parts cheap as don't hesitate to ask. Did you also check the flywheel did not come loose as I have had that before and the noise was coming from the flywheel slapping on the keyway, worth a look.
I'd love to pay off that motor it would be a dream come true but joshy doesnt know me that well hopefully it won't sell any time soon

Latest posts

Back