confused should i go with an OKO 26mm or 28mm?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will the fake oko carbs take keihin jets?
since what i plan to do is after buying ill have them install the jets for me

Are you in the Philippines? Cheaper than freaking China....check that site you mentioned if you are!! If not go with an oko 26 best response and less messing around with jets!! If you buy fram Ali just make sure you message them and say what sized jets you need, they really should include two sets with a carby :thumbup:

Are you in the Philippines? Cheaper than freaking China....check that site you mentioned if you are!! If not go with an oko 26 best response and less messing around with jets!! If you buy fram Ali just make sure you message them and say what sized jets you need, they really should include two sets with a carby :thumbup:

sorry mate got confused??
which site do i check???

yes I am in ph,

26 and 28 mm are of the same price...
thats why trying to weigh which would be best....

26mm yes would be the best option based on the links you provided and a couple of reads here..
28 well what do you guys nthink stock carb is 27mm....

Last edited:
sorry for posting again i re read this

Oh and finally, select the right carby size, for the motor you have. Dont throw a 28mm flatslide on a 110 motor.
use this as guide...
110-125 motor, no mods : use a 22mm or 24mm flatslide.
125-140 motor, no mods: use a 24mm
140cc with mild mods/150 or 160 no mods: use a 24mm or 26mm flatslide.
140cc with wild mods/ 150 or 160 with mild mods: use a 26mm or 28mm.
140-160 rocket ship motors: use a 28mm
150-250 Loncin/Zongshen upright motors- no mods: use a 26mm
150-250 Loncin/Zongshen upright motors with mild to wild mods: use a 28mm

http://www.miniriders.com/carby-and-tuning/23986-those-about-rock-buying-oko-flatslides.html

what is a mild mod?

my current mods on the bike
are sprockets 16-38
"racing ignition coils
and better sp...

are those mild mods to consider using a 28mm or stick

see the 2 red high lighted lines at the bottom of post number 16, they're are a couple of links to an OKO site.
it has details there that will help you work out if it is genuine of not.
and also has some good tuning tips

mild mods would include things like bigger exhaust, foam filter, match ported manifold, better ignition, bigger carby

I've run 26mm Oko's on 3 different 155z's engines and all were tuned perfect! Well as close to perfect as they could be with out diagnostic equipment.

Pretty sure they all were 36/102 jets, big fuel doesn't always mean big results!
IMO stick with the 26mm bud!

I've run 26mm Oko's on 3 different 155z's engines and all were tuned perfect! Well as close to perfect as they could be with out diagnostic equipment.

Pretty sure they all were 36/102 jets, big fuel doesn't always mean big results!
IMO stick with the 26mm bud!

Phew...Amen to that, I can clearly remember getting attacked by a then highly respected member of miniriders who is no longer posting when I advertised I was running a 26mm OKO with stock 36 and 100 jets on my then 155z with v2 head and how it would of run like a piece of **** and would of been a horrible ride.
Lol and as I said go **** yourself as the bike pulls extremely hard and was tuned well for the jets including some other good ignition bits and pieces.

Big fuel and air does not equate to power gains all the times and all it does is causes the engine to run a whole lot hotter and also crappy bottom end when not at WOT, but in saying that sometimes these setups can work out if the rider knows how to ride there bike with the tune it has where a more casual rider would be struggling with why it is less user friendly.

The upright 150 pushrod or OHC motors are not the most powerful or high performance motors and can have quite low hp ratings in stock form, id start from the bottom with a 26mm oko with stock jetting and a good tune, but in saying that jets for the 30mm mikuni copy are readily available and these carbys also run very well with the 150 OHC motors in stock jetting form.

Phew...Amen to that, I can clearly remember getting attacked by a then highly respected member of miniriders who is no longer posting when I advertised I was running a 26mm OKO with stock 36 and 100 jets on my then 155z with v2 head and how it would of run like a piece of **** and would of been a horrible ride.
Lol and as I said go **** yourself as the bike pulls extremely hard and was tuned well for the jets including some other good ignition bits and pieces.

Big fuel and air does not equate to power gains all the times and all it does is causes the engine to run a whole lot hotter and also crappy bottom end when not at WOT, but in saying that sometimes these setups can work out if the rider knows how to ride there bike with the tune it has where a more casual rider would be struggling with why it is less user friendly.

The upright 150 pushrod or OHC motors are not the most powerful or high performance motors and can have quite low hp ratings in stock form, id start from the bottom with a 26mm oko with stock jetting and a good tune, but in saying that jets for the 30mm mikuni copy are readily available and these carbys also run very well with the 150 OHC motors in stock jetting form.

how about opn OHV?

26mm is sold by far...

for some weird reason i am itching to get a 28mm :)

just not sure on what to expect on those thing or there aint even suggested jettings on them...

if in case the devil in me decides for the 28mm what jets will be ok on those
thinking of keihin jets
38 slow and 98 main...

what do you guys think...

so Zeus,
i saw there were Typhoons in Manila, is that close to where you live ?
hoping you and your family are all safe mate !

Latest posts

Back