Cordogs $100 China

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drills are not designed to be polishers, save your pocket money/wage and buy a decent polisher. A quick search on gumtree and I found this - MAKITA 920SPB 180mm SANDER AND POLISHER 2 SPEED,HIGH AND LOW on Gumtree MAKITA 920SPB 180mm SANDER AND POLISHER 2 SPEED,HIGH AND LOW | Power Tools | Gumtree Australia Pine Rivers Area - Petrie | 1043592804

These makita's will go forever, we used to run them with only masking tape holding the side case on them for when they caught fire from all the fluff caught up inside them! A quick blow out with the compressor and more tape and back to it! ;)

A wire brush fitment on a 4" or drill work great.

Depends on what metals you're polishing, heavy cast alloy can be cut n polished fairly easily without linishing, unless it has porosity. Pre polished or machined alloy usually polish only.

There are different types of cutting and polishing rouge much the same as cutting and polishing waxes for cars. I would say bunnings would only have a few types most common grey (cut) and white (polish). Generally speaking you should cut against the grain and polish with, though this is not always doable. You want to try and keep as much heat in it as you can, but be careful on plate and strip types of metal as they will distort.

Hope this helps.

What one of those ozitio peice of poo... Yeah.. Don't have on of them and don't want to go near them lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah mate, I'm talkin bout the drill polishing kit. And don't knock the ozito, 3yr replacement warranty and damn I've tried hard and I can't kill mine, ALSO don't forget we ride China's so they can't be to bad can they?

i have an Ozito 13mm Hammer Drill, and i use it beyond it's capabilities
it has been going well for 18 months so far, i'm pretty happy with it for the money

yea, i got an Ozito 13mm hammer drill too! been a good drill, we've had it for as long as i can remember, still goin strong :)

Nah mate, I'm talkin bout the drill polishing kit. And don't knock the ozito, 3yr replacement warranty and damn I've tried hard and I can't kill mine, ALSO don't forget we ride China's so they can't be to bad can they?

yeah? my orbital sander thats ozitio has dropped its seals and bearings... but thats only one tool.. so.. i wont hate too much on em now :p
that polishing kit.. thats by josco? they are pretty reasonable from what ive heard..
btw chinas are what i live for :p

that polishing kit.. thats by josco? they are pretty reasonable from what ive heard..

Doesn't ring a bell, it was abuot $20 from bunnings and came with a polisher wheel and a rag wheel, a scruff disk and a red and green compound. All of it seems pretty sh it. But i'm not all that familiar with how it all works, can't even seem to get teh dremmel to do a decent job :( I need to annoy Corey a bit more i think ;)

Ah man I love my Ozito hammer drill!!! hahaha

Had it over 6 years now and abused the crap out of it, always keeps going. Can't argue for like the $40 it cost me.

Who care if it puffs out a bit of smoke every now and again?? Love it.

On the ozito note... Another thing mine gets used for is cleaning out beer bottles, just attach a wire bruch to the end and wala :) While doing this it consistently gets covered in water... yet the thing just keeps going :)

I unfortunately can own up to having brought an Ozito hammer drill!

Let me just tell it's the biggest piece of poo to ever grace my shed! When I built my drive way I had to drill like 100 holes for rio. Got to ten then went borrowed my mates Hilti. That smoking peice of poo now resides at the tip!

I unfortunately can own up to having brought an Ozito hammer drill!

Let me just tell it's the biggest piece of poo to ever grace my shed! When I built my drive way I had to drill like 100 holes for rio. Got to ten then went borrowed my mates Hilti. That smoking peice of poo now resides at the tip!

3yr replacement warranty, break 1 a day and then replace it every day :) That's what i'd do, but the only tools iv'e brought back have been Dremmel and Ryobi (not that Ryobi is suprising but Dremmel?) Oh and as for polishing i recently brought one of these
DWP849_2.jpg

Still havn't turned it on yet... I probabaly should of done some reading b4 i purchased it, apprently really good if your a pro, if your not (like me) it'll burn holes in your paint work quick that you can say "Feck me"...

3yr replacement warranty, break 1 a day and then replace it every day :) That's what i'd do, but the only tools iv'e brought back have been Dremmel and Ryobi (not that Ryobi is suprising but Dremmel?) Oh and as for polishing i recently brought one of these
DWP849_2.jpg

Still havn't turned it on yet... I probabaly should of done some reading b4 i purchased it, apprently really good if your a pro, if your not (like me) it'll burn holes in your paint work quick that you can say "Feck me"...

Yep same as me! Buy cheap if it breaks go get a new one for free, rinse and repeat if it brakes again! I have a whole Rockwell kit drill,circular saw, recipro rechargeable nicd been going strong for almost 10years now! They don't get used that often but when I bought the kit for $250 new I was dubious about how long they'd last. The recipro is mighty handy in landscaping!

Enough of this thread jacking! :)

Ok so I got some disappointing news this arv, apparently my mates sandblaster isn't coping with the incredible Chinese powder coat on this frame? Apparently this took a few minutes to do.

So I think it's time for some more acid! :banana:

On a positive note! A few of the other parts came out sweet!

that finish look's more like it's been wet look bead blasted ?

i shall jack this thread once more :p
now ive been told with a bit of elbow grease and a rag you can achieve mirrors :p
lol... been told to use autosol! then ill put engine clear coat on top!
thats whats up for tomorrows agenda! lol
btw the acid is making short work of that pesky rust!

Latest posts

Back