Cordogs $100 China

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I've been pretty busy of late and the poor old China's been put on the back burner. We had a little hiccup with the bead blaster, apparently powder coat is a lot tougher than I gave it credit for. So trying to be good and sticking with my budget I ripped out the old paint stripper! :thumbup:

A few hours later after a lot of painting/scraping and a fair few bourbons I decided to go full retard on the frame! :action-smiley-003: The Chinese welds had close resemblance to pigeon **** so I decided to grind them back and fill them!

Now not actually been a qualified boilermaker, I'm not actually sure if its now going to snap on me! :p
Guess we'll find out wont we.....

Time now for some paint, but because I hadn't actually got a sticker kit picked out for this thing yet choosing a colour scheme was proving to be a pain in the dot! Luckily for me good old Brendon had a spare kit kicking around at his joint that he was willing to part with. So now the choice was simple. :)

I've run some clear over the new rims I picked up 3 weeks ago and they're still tacky! :cursing: Been thinking I might chuck em in the oven! :)

Well that's all for the moment.

Last edited:
Be careful putting the rims in the oven, don't put it on too high of a temperature, you can turn the paint to a more satin finish, and could cause the paint to fry up.

it is coming up sweet now corey, you could enter it in the next Brisbane bike show !

The $100 bargain is gonna be a belter! Nice work:coolthumb:

it looks really good mate, i wouldnt be jumping it after taking out that much of the weld but it will hold up to normal riding fine i would imagine

Good work mate!! Its come along way since the last time I checked this thread!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Nice one big fella. But I was looking at the rod rack on the cough cough jeep lol. That lil build would be keeping you busy mate thats if lil levi isnt. You got an art and patience looking at that intake dude. Very impressive.

You may refer to it as the Nissan Recovery Vehicle! :D

Cheers Micko, just ordered my last part for it last night. The boys at DHZ owe me for sending me what looked to be second hand forks, they said they'd fix me up on my next purchase so hopefully I can get a decent price. From last count I was over budget! :)

corey it looks like you have changed things around in your photobucket account, settings or.. ?
it's stuffed up all the links for your pictures

did you do anything there, like they suggest you scramble them or some rubbish

he did post there as NZreps and ask why half the pics didn't work? you might be right ?

are they still in your PB account? can you re post them?

Ok so I got busy this arvie and finished all the fiddly little bits, put the swinga and shock on and bolted the engine on. But then I wanted to see what it looked like with wheels n plastics so impatiently I quickly bolted them on! ;)

Had a bit of an issue with the shock. The grinder sorted that! :thumbup:

You'll have to excuse all the **** in the background, sheds almost done! :)

Nice job Cordogs. Is it just me or does that frame look a little raked?

Haha don't say that! I had to bin the other one for that reason!!

The shaft is sitting a little skewif in the steering tube without the top bearing on.

Latest posts

Back