crf50 build...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont get a powercore , waste of money .... i bought one :D they say theres not many pipes better for a stock engine then a modded stock pipe....

i agree with wogtaz dont waste ya cash on a power core.

keep the stock pipe grind the weld just inside the pipe flange where it go's in to the head,billet tip for stock exhaust of ebay (really makes a difference), tb race cam for stock head,H/D clutch springs,choke mod and uni.
that's what i did to mine seems to haul my fat a$$ around pretty well

well its a good way of making us forget the stuffing around haha
i was thinking +2 but im going to be running 10" rim on the front so i thought with a +2 it would be too much height in the rear?

I got a 3" + with 1" + legs and a 270mm shock with 10" , sits perfect. Wouldnt have it anyway and very stable

well I put my pegs on today and bashplate has to be modded abit to fit. (grr) where it bolts on to the right side of the barrel hits the exhaust i took the back side of that heat sheild off and it still hits so going to have to grind it away then put it back on.

but ill take the advice and bugger off the fmf ive only seen one bike with it and it didn't seem like it was to amazing. sounded nice but.
well yer ill chuck up new pics tomorrow after i fix the bash plate.

updated pics - of the pegs and bashplate.
i tried to show where the bashplate was hitting the pipe.
so the its pretty much close to done all thats left is the cam, clutch springs and tip and it should be done, and i suppose if I ever want more power later on down the track I can put an 88 kit in there. But for now I want to keep it a modded stocka lol.

100_0544.jpg

100_0545_00.jpg

100_0546.jpg

100_0548.jpg

well I took this pic then realised how much height I could have in the rear, as unitmx said I could easily have a +3 swinger back there, so I think I will run a +2

100_0558.jpg

Last edited:
Get the 2" plus , but funnily enough my bike sits wayyyyy better with the +3" . Looks awsome mate though the bar position reminds me of 80's bmx bikes

id probably do a +3 would hate it if ya bought a +2 and it was to small... or just try and get a crf70 swingarm for around 60 bucks? there about +2.5 i think , and they keep the good stock look

If you go a +2 and its not long enough i will buy it for mine what brand are you lookin at gettin?

Probably sano because I get a discount from kaos so it would be abit cheaper.

But ide also hate to get a +3 and have it be to big haha.
Well my shock is 270mm aswell so I suppose if unit has same shock and runs a +3 it will clearly fit on mine aswell? Haha

So seems like thats settled.

Well im buying a ramp from "realmenride50s" tomorrow so hopefully have some riding pics up saturday night or sunday depends how the heat goes its supposed to be 45 degrees here tomorrow :S

Do kaos have any there everytime i ring them they give me the same story some crap about customs so yeah have they got any swingarms there

I dunno if they have any in stock, you can't really listen to what they tell you anyway. On my last order they told me they had everything, in the end they had 1 of 6 things I orderd. Thats why I get the discount.

yeah i havnt had good experiences with them anyway if you end up buyin a +2 which they have in stock its the only one they got left and if its no good i will most probably take it off your hands

Kaos50 have been really good to me, give me good discount and are really helpful. It is annoying that they dont have everything advertised on there site in stock, but thats why its better to just e-mail michelle and tell her what you want and she will tell you weather they have it or how long it is going to take to get in stock. I have previously had some issues with getting stuff from them, but since i have been ordering everything through michelle, all has been sweet

I've only ordered from them twice, once was no hastle they had everything in stock, but postage took about 2 weeks. The second time I emailed asked if the things I wanted were in stock they said yes so I baught them, to find out that they werent in stock and im still waiting on my tyres from an order in december.
My main issue with them is there postage has been slow every time. You always have to remind them to post your order. Dont get me wrong michelle and troy are nice people and they seem genuinely sorry when an order goes wrong.

It just gets annoying waiting around for things for weeks then when you go hey guys were is it? They go oh sh!t sorry we forgot to post it.

Well theres my rant haha

yeah i buy from eastcoast powersports yeah he is abit more expensive on some things but you no your gettin what you want with no hassel at all and all postage is over night so all good there....

so have you decided what swinger you goin to get???
also what else you got planned for this bike???

probably do the +3, not really in a rush on the swinger.
then im undecide on engine, i just picked up an 01 xr50 for 200 bux (pretty much stole it haha)
so im thinking 88 limited for the crf50
then clean the xr up (its in horrible condition) and keep it a stocka jst do springs, bar kit, uni filter, choke mod, exhaust mod and exhuast tip.

ah thats the go yeah i just bought heavy duty rims for mine just need to find some spokes now

Latest posts

Back