crf50 build...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude that XR for 300 was a steal! I wish i found a deal like that.....Jelous for sure. Ive got a limited and a stocker...they are good bikes to have. A play around/dirt jump bike. And a race bike with enough power for most things but still nothing crazy and they are still reliable as a stocker.

afew pics of my bike from the sunday arvo session, and of the new ramp (thanks adam, great ramp)
before
100_0584.jpg

100_0586.jpg

after
100_0591.jpg

I loved cleaning it haha, it doesnt look to dirty in that pic, but it wasnt fun lol

Last edited:
and thanks fd1, I didn't really want another mini, but when I heard 300 i jumped at it haha.
the entire build for it is going to be under a grand, so I couldn't say no. haha

wow dude,

how nice daos the bie sit,sits and looks perfect,the fork combo and the rear shock seem to go great with each other,anyway how is that 100 buk fastace holding up?,dont tell me u hit that ramp on a stock haha,theres no way in hell id hit that ramp with the crf lol,but im abit of a pussy when it comes to ramps i only like dirt jumps haha

but still,needs a complete read baron seat kit from 0zfiddys haha,once u do that its how i would of had it lol

hey man yer i hit it. only at a 2 metre gap though. The shocks ok, pretty bloody stiff but its holding up nicely and as long as I land smoothly its fine just if I land hard it kills the knees lol. Might buy a fox float later on, but for know fast ace does the job.

and as for the seat im hopefully buying a two brothers seat on flea bay just have to wait for it to end next week

Last edited:
yeh its deffinently stiff haha,and u and me arnt the smallest dude (big builds) and that shock is still stiff haha,id advise ppl to get the 250lbs on not 550 unless u wiegh over 140kgs haha

the bike is looking really good, are you doing the xr up? take a few pics of you jumping it, plz.

haha listen to james me and him are both around 100 kg and that shock doesn't move haha.

and bulldog ill try but its hard to take a good riding pic with a shit camera. but ill see what I can do for you this wk end.

Hah yeah back in the day when i got an Ishock it came with a 350lbs spring and it felt like the thing had a metal bar in there instead of a shock (would of been around 65gs back then).
So a 550 would be the hardest thing in the world! ha

Get some black wheels on that thing and it will look MINT

realised I hadnt posted anything about this build in awhile, probably because it hasnt gone any were for abit, had afew HUGE costly weekends haha so money is low, but I have a TBR seat coming now (thanks unit, got it for 80 bux stoked!!!)
so yer will throw that on then its on to 88 limited, clutch springs.

and what does everything think of running a stock pipe,exhaust mod and exhaust tip with 88 kit? rekon that would let it breath abit?

hey mate should get a tall seat 4 it, looks heaps better and alot more comfy

and what does everything think of running a stock pipe,exhaust mod and exhaust tip with 88 kit? rekon that would let it breath abit?

I ran my Limited for ages with a completly stock pipe...Still runs pretty well. Very resposive off the bottom. I rode it for like a solid year like that, racing it and everything....its not bad.

My mate just cut out all the internals on his stock exhaust for his limited and it runs really well......Its still pretty quiet and it runs nice.

hey mate should get a tall seat 4 it, looks heaps better and alot more comfy

Haha yer mate, I chuckd a china one on there for awhile just because I wanted a gripper cover, but the foam in it was way to soft, so I have a Two brothers one coming in the mail right now.

And thanks every one else.

And fd1 that's exactly what I wanted to hear lol thanks guys.
Dale

Yeh man just remember to fiddle around with your air screw and needle....Limiteds are notorious for having a low end bog. So just play with it and try get it running as nice as you can.

have been heaps busy recently so haven't had time for updates.

so here I go, new TBR seat is on, and I have billet exhaust tip coming now.
Then its TB 88 kit and then rims, probably smpro or excels undecided yet.

Also kaos50 are finally sending me my IRC tyres i ordered them on the 18th of december, so its only a nice 3 and a half month wait, brilliant customer service or what??? haha

loving the seat, its so comfy, im actually sitting down sometimes now haha.

100_0603.jpg

100_0605.jpg

100_0606_00.jpg

ok, well the cash flow has been pretty sweet recently because im working more haha. so I have bought my billet exhaust tip, and im either waiting till next week when oz50 get the kamikaze 88 kits in, or I will buy the TB 88 limo kit this week.

then its time to get my graphics made (JP replica kit) and yellow plastics.

Also does anyone know anywhere besides kaos50 to get excel rims? because I'm definitely not dealing with their crap ever again haha.

Latest posts

Back