Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will try and explain it,
the black w/yellow out the cdi is what gives the coil power.
the black w/red, from the source coil in the stator, this is the power source for the cdi unit.
(it only supplies power to the cdi when the engine is running)
the blue w/white is for the pulse coil, it tells the cdi when to send the power to the ignition coil (to fire the spark)
and the green wire is the coil earth

to kill the engine when it is running you need to disconnect the power supply(black w/red) wire to the cdi, which is what your key/switch will do.

Last edited:
ok so the b/r is the power for the cdi still not sure where that goes into new cdi, so is that where i would need to put the capacitor between the b/r wire and the black wire coming out of the cdi thats going nowhere atm?

i don't think you will need the capacitor ?

the black w/red from the stator, goes up and joins to the black w/white from the ignition switch,
then the green wire, coming out the ignition switch, needs to join the black w/red on the cdi

i think the reason they may have sold you the battery eliminator is for another Kitaco CDI they sell,
because their other adjustable ignition, is a piggyback type setup, and still runs the 6 pin cdi unit as well.

and the Kitaco Battery Eliminator kit they sold you, i could make up a better kit for under $20

yeah, i worked out what Ignition kit you had from your previous pictures.

did you sort out loading the drivers onto your computer?
so are you in the southern area, since you mentioned Bettabikes ?

a mate took his Suzuki there last year, it no spark, they fixed the problem, it cost him $380
on his second ride after it was fixed, it is doing the same thing again.
i am fixing it this time

i'm guessing you have the ignition key in the on position ?

pull the spark plug out, leave the coil lead connected to it, and hold the thread with one hand, kick the engine a little, and let me know if you get a tickle through your fingers.

lol, it isn't going to electrocute you !

it's like putting a 9v battery on your tongue
nothing like getting a zap off a cars' igintion,
geez, i've had plenty of them, even from my old MSD6 multiple zaps at once, lol

i wouldn't keep swapping the wires around trying to get it to work.

it might fry a componant in the cdi box ?

what stator plate are you running ? a stock crf50 one ?

lol i know ive been zapped by them before both cars n bikes not the most fun thing, it dont really hurt just hate the feeling

why didnt you just get normal crf50 cdi ? taki, kitaco they plug straight up

cos i want to be able to play with ignition curve, + wanted to set my limiter to 11000 rpm so i dont snap my crank cos of the crank mounted clutch, so when i feel the need for proper gearbox and clutch i can put the revs up to 14-15000 like this motor should be able to pull

yeah, i worked out what Ignition kit you had from your previous pictures.

did you sort out loading the drivers onto your computer?
so are you in the southern area, since you mentioned Bettabikes ?

a mate took his Suzuki there last year, it no spark, they fixed the problem, it cost him $380
on his second ride after it was fixed, it is doing the same thing again.
i am fixing it this time

so what was the piggy back system u found?

yeah a friend sorted it out for me, it wasnt working due to the diver not been digitally signed to windows so he had to turn off the Disable driver signature enforcement,

most of the workshops i know send most of the electrics like stators to beta bikes to get rewired, n ive had good reports about them, who would u suggest instead of beta bike

nah i live in the riverland

i wouldn't keep swapping the wires around trying to get it to work.

it might fry a componant in the cdi box ?

what stator plate are you running ? a stock crf50 one ?

running stock crf50 stator plate,

yeah thats what im worried about hope cdi is all ok still

Latest posts

Back