Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going by what I just said, maybe you should consider gearing the other way. 88s already have tons of bottom end grunt but they tap out down a straight where my 'fully stock' stocko catches up

was thinking i might try a 15 on the front

any1 thinking of buying a kitaco programmable Ignition dont cos no1 can tell u how to wire it up on the crf50 they tell u to run a battery isolator but thats all they can tell u 114.jpg
and this is the wiring diagram i got 115.jpg

the spare wire you have left over, is it a black ?
if so, that is for the kill switch

is there a wire coming out the cdi box that has a double terminal on it ?

ok, sounds a bit different.

can you post a pick of the wires coming out the cdi, and another of the wires from the stator ?

think i might need to take it to beta bikes in adelaide n see what they say. thing i dont get is where do i put the battery isolator in this wiring cos minimob said thats what it needs to make it work

put some pics up, (cdi and stator wiring, showing all the connectors etc.)
i should be able to help sort it

there is only 2 wires coming from motor the r/b red/black and bl/b blue/black and green is earth from frame and here is a pic of the cdi 120.jpg

ok, i might have worked it out.
in your drawn picture (post #103), you have the black w/red (joins the black w/white wire) going to your ignition key.
the other wire coming out of the key switch (green, going by your diagram) needs to go to the black w/red coming out the cdi box.

thats the std wiring the crf come with, how it is atm, i hate electrics.

how the std cdi works b/y comes from pick up to cdi, comes out with delay via bl/y to coil down to plug makes spark and gets gets earthed to frame. then to compete circuit for pick up goes earth to key then b/w other side key to b/r back to pick up,
breaking the pick up earth by opening circuit with key kills it. not sure why the earth has to go back to cdi through the 4 pin plug on factory cdi.

so u want me to remove the green wire from going to earth on the key and plug it into the lonely black wire coming out of cdi going nowhere?

does the key/switch only have 2x wires coming off it ?

Latest posts

Back