Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is the main part that i've seen bend.
some guys have extended the frame there too, made it a 2" longer wheelbase, to suit their height etc
others have run like an angle iron gusset along the underside of the top tube, joining it to the steerer tube.
looks a bit untidy though imo, also you lose a bit of room underneath for the carby/filter etc

Been looking a my USA made thumpstar frame it's 1 of the old steal 1's thats standard length n they have used a lot heavier steel in the whole frame might end up using that it's had a real hard life in the last 12 yrs n no signs of bending n no one would be able to tell the diff

Last edited:
ok, dont go telling anyone though !
a china framed CRF may upset a few, lol

i think you may find a few isuess bolting stuff up to it?I got orig thump frame aswell same as crf style off old hunge 110 , i tryed puting the swinger on my crf frame as its a little longer as was going on 88cc , and it wouldnt work so just a heads up .

k thanks will look into that, only thing i know so far is motors interchange and head stem is same length havent tried bolting anything up yet tho

good news mini mullisha bolt for bolt swap only thing i have to do is weld a new bracket on for my coil as the thumpstar coil had a longer lead. not sure why the swing arm u try didnt fit, mine is a 2001 hunge 120 maybe its a little different to the 110 or the swing arm u tried was a later model??

looks a bit higher now.
what length rear shock did you end up using ?

got my old 11'' i shock in there atm and it feels a little tall but im just waiting for my new 10.25'' fastace shock to rock up. but from what ive been reading lately i should have just went out and got the fox shocker

hey guys can any1 help me? trying to work out the best way/s to strengthen my frame been seeing few different ways lately, would like to know more about the way Gerro done his frame. if anyone could point me to right direction for step by step or where to see some detailed info/pics that would be great thanks.
also what r the weak points on the frame where do they normally bend/break thanks any help would be great thanks guys

Hey bud, there was guy from back in the beginning of mini bikes in Australia who owns and runs a fabrication shop. He came up with the best way to brace stock frames and now there's a whole bunch of people who still copy and use this technique. I guarantee you will never bend a frame braced in this way. I'll try find some more pics other than this one
And will gladly try help you out with any info on it
u9e7e3y2.jpg

Ahhhhh I found the pics for you mate
u6yva7ys.jpg

me5adeta.jpg

The other last piece that needs to be braced that is not shown is at the tip of the subframe if u weld a little something to join the two end together makes a huge difference

he needs a new frame anyways , unless he can straighten it as to me it looks bent!!
And whats the motor are you running in it, as it dont look like the honda motor?
Should of done all this before you put a bigger motor in it . DOH!!

Hey bretto I hope u don't mind me stealing a couple of ur pics there lol

thanks agian karlos deff gonna do that to my genuine frame.
umm running a hunge 125 thumpstar motor till my 88cc 4v is built, got all the parts today for my 88cc n motor is built just need to put it in now.
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg

Latest posts

Back