Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what would give best power gains between the pro circuit, for 4.1, n the yoshi pipe. Got home today so might start doing some work to the crf. Gonna strip it back n strengthen my frame, sand blast n paint it while I wait for my parts to rock up

Pro circuit would be the best suited, 4.1 and yoshi would be better suited for big bore crfs , like 124+r or dohcs .

Either way they will all work fine tho on your setup.

ended up making my own exhaust using my thumpstar header pipe and a procircut tail pipe off a cr125, guessing it can flow 38 ish hp on a cr125 should flow enough for my 88

its a 1" pipe dont see the issue, was the first of the thumpstars made in the usa befor they went cheap cos of the china bikes?

thanks mate. nah use to work for yamaha tho quite few years ago.
also extended the brake lever 1'' and just fitted a tall seat not in pic waiting for staple gun to finish it

cheap dhz rims had to mod them a bit to get them to fit.. but dont think they will last long, look pretty poorly made but will run them till they break or get sick of looking at them, n up grade to some quality built 1s

I run pitster pro xjr50 wheels. They look the same. I think they are a great little wheel. Just make sure to keep the spokes tight.

i think thats what they r, think i dont like them cos i had to mod them so much to make them fit, n the hub not as beefy as the crf 1s, so they hold up alright? guessing the hubs r what break on them?

Last edited:
i think thats what they r, think i dont like them cos i had to mod them so much to make them fit, n the hub not as beefy as the crf 1s, so they hold up alright? guessing the hubs r what break on them?

I didn't need any mods. Exact same fit as crf. They really do hold up very well as long as u keep all the spokes tight but don't over-tighten. I would start to get a little concerned to run bigger horsepower thru them. I'm only running a "fully stock" stocko so I'm interested to see how long they last with your beast.

ok so pics to date, just waiting for the rest of parts to turn up tracking say they in australia
001.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
i had to mod the front wheel cos it spreed the forks so made new smaller spacer between bearings, seated the bearings in to mesh up to new smaller spacer, and took a little off the drum lob to make it fit

hey guys can any1 help me? trying to work out the best way/s to strengthen my frame been seeing few different ways lately, would like to know more about the way Gerro done his frame. if anyone could point me to right direction for step by step or where to see some detailed info/pics that would be great thanks.
also what r the weak points on the frame where do they normally bend/break thanks any help would be great thanks guys

going by his pic he has just cut the frame a 5" back from the headstem and slid some thick walled tubing in,
then welded it up again.
so look for something that has as close as possible outside diameter, as the original frames' inside diameter.
i would use 2mm walled black tube if you can find it.
this should be enough to take some decent jump
the only other thing i'd suggest is to drill some 8mm holes along the top and bottom sections of the original frame tube,
and puddle weld through them so it is welded to the inner tubing as well.

you could also add some gussets to anywhere that is put under strain.
and possibly weld in a cradle type mount for the bottom of the engine to strengthen the peg mounts.

so is that where they bend in the straight part of the frame behind the headstem?

''drill some 8mm holes along the top and bottom sections of the original frame tube''
like ur thinking was thinking the same.

Latest posts

Back