Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So these mbf clutches (6 plate) are 558 australian, damn that's dear. I can buy whole brand new 160 for that! I am considering buying a new yx 160, and adding the tb head and bore kit i have on the 160ho, does anyone know if they suffer the same clutch issues?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I think just use the MBF basket with urethane dampener's, and a hardened drive gear and kick start gear, basket is only $215au plus post
The gear's i can have hardened locally.

Again. Can't use stock KSG for clutch with the mbf basket
It doesn't work. I've tried it.

Upgraded Crank drive gear. Isn't 100% important.

Rubbers that come with the mbf basket are quility.

Can't compare prices. Everything in AUD is extremely expensive

It's true. You can buy complete motos for price of performance parts

MBF crank, 525€ at full RRP. We get anima, 150 full motor for 600€

But if the moto doesn't last 5mins. What's the point.

Ok i thought you meant you needed a slightly bigger one for an interferance fit
So the kit i listed above ($215 AU) must just be a replacement basket kit when your MBF clutch wear's out.

zoom_FAOR-CFD4V----000-1181.jpg

So that make's it $360AU for the basket kit plus postage, which is including the MBF big driven gear and kick start gear

11119878_838827066170915_4571048225754018983_o.jpg

Or $565AU plus post for the basket with hub kit

11722546_838827086170913_1584340283007270604_o.jpg

So the stock hub will work with the mbf basket? Wonder what they will hit me for postage.. If it not to much I think the second option can be do able...

Stock hub should work. Not tried it myself as we just use the whole kit

The second kit you posted would be the one to get

If I didn't have to pay full price, and didn't have two bikes to do it to, I would run the full kit, but that would be over 1100 without postage, and at the end of the day they are only 160hos with some goodies. Thanks for the input anyway guys :)

That's just crazy.. l just fitted a recluse clutch kit to a mates ktm 350 for $ 870.. The Orientals really need to up their quality of componentry ..They mass produce these engines surely they can harden/balance there products . Manufacture's are selling these engines world wide to mass consumers...with prices always increasing
. The Italians' have always made niche components for the comp market at a niche cost. The weekend thrashers deserve some reliability from a stock engine ...

I cant see myself owing the 190F long enough to go through 6 standard clutch's ($540), so i'll just be beefing my stock one up for the time being

You don't put enough hours on yours to warrant it, but I have been through 2 in callums engine, and 2 in my old engine, so it's probably warranted when I can afford it.

Latest posts

Back